Registered OG
5+ Year Member
actually doesnt look 2 bad put a clear coat

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the O2 sensor just unplug the wire connector and slide the cover off, its so easy, make sure your battery is disconnected when doing this or you might throw a CEL thats how I did my heat shield but I took the shield off, removed the headers and painted them with 1200 degree silver paint

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
hey sup thanks for the comments i put some effort into this Valve cover , not bad for a days work though. im pleased with it. my friend is coming over today to help me mount my equalizer in my car . and then were going to put my type R boot on. then were going to our Local import shop to pick up some brackets for the intake , and we'll be set. anyways thanks again everyone ill keep u posted!! -later

-Anthony-

DIY : ill post it when i get back from the import Shop or if you want personally i can Email it to you

MY EMAIL: hondatunerz2002@yahoo.com

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats looks a lot better, but i wouldn't paint the heat shield, now thats just ghetto

chartinael

5+ Year Member
It looks like you didn't quite coat the cover enough on the right side. Looks much better than stock. I did paint my heat shield black. My cover is read. I like it better that way.

kristin

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's the one I did for amy's car. It's not on yet because we're buying a new seal kit from Honda (spark plug seals, valve cover seal, oil cap seal).

Amy completely cleaned it with carb cleaner, WD40 and CLR. We then had it sandblasted to get off all the surface etching. I then did 3 coats of hi-temp primer and then wrinkle coated it. Amy then buffed up the letters with some 000ga steel wool.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hondatunerz2002 said:
hey sup thanks for the comments i put some effort into this Valve cover , not bad for a days work though. im pleased with it.
The level of quality doesn't match with the ammount of work you put it. It's splotchy and uneven in places, and kind of hazy around the lettering. Get your can control down and try again. You need to make even coats -- make sure when you paint a coat, everything is touched, so you don't have thinner spots and thicker spots. Use very light, fast, sweeping sprays, and don't just spray a spot till it's the color and move on. Also, zebra coating works quite well. That's going from top to bottom in a left-right pattern, and the going right to left in an up-down pattern.

If you have any painting questions, just ask.

mracer29

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i recently painted my d16 valve cover. I used black wrinkle paint. turned out great!!!!!! Then i went crazy and also painted the back of my head lights, you know the gray part, with black wrinkle paint. then i took off the raditor brackets and painted them gloss black. then i painted my calipers red and the center of my power slot rotors black, painted the rear drums gloss black. I repainted all my expanded metal grill inserts silver again.

by the way i didnt have vasoline either so i used neosporen worked the same. ill post some pics someday!!

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
yea i understand i just basically wanted something that would give my engine a better look to it, because the way the stock Valve cover was it was filthy. with oil, dirt, grime, it was just a mess. but yea i understand bout what your saying appreciate the honesty. telling me what to do and dont do. any-way as told i went to my local import shop yesterday and my homie matt came over and hooked me up with Short ram intake. and new SI lip and we painted my sideskirts all in the days work it was fun though. here it is check it out. -thanks for all the comments on everything- later...

-Anthony-

i now my front bumper is off on one of the pics we were working on the Lip at the time anyways tell me watsup. -thanks

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bringing back a lil bit of an older one, but how should i go about prepping my heatshield so i don't have to worry about paint peel later on??? thanks in advance

nitebeest

5+ Year Member
Clean it thoroughly and make sure you use the same high temp engine paint you would use on the valve cover.

Do it right the first time... don't have to go back and do it again later.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nitebeest said:
Clean it thoroughly and make sure you use the same high temp engine paint you would use on the valve cover.

Do it right the first time... don't have to go back and do it again later.
any particular stuff i should use???

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im powdercoating mine....as a matter of fact..i might go do it now. lol ERAN....you used wrinkle spraypaint? i need the factory OEM honda wrinkle paint they use on all thier valve covers. i specifically want the red and the black. i might go to the auto parts store and see what i can dig up.