I'm running Aug. 13th what 1/4 times?

DEBO

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm planning on running my car at e-town Aug. 13th. What i have is a 98 civic coupe ex, d16y8. It has cai, catback, 13lb rims passenger seat will be removed along with the spare tire and 50 shot of zex. What times do you think i'll have? I've never ran the car yet, so im kinda anxious to find out.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im guessing 15 flat.. maybe break into 14s

Vicious

1st gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
low 15's not sure about breaking into 14's

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll see you there I'll be that person pulling 20s lol

civic!

my daughter is the s**t.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just promise not to cry when you realize the sohc is... oh and don't forget to post your times...(hehehe)

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you guys are breaking his heart. i'm sure he wanted to hear 13's

lowzone

5+ Year Member
will the 1/4 mile time include you going back on the track and picking up the pistons you shot out your exhaust?????

seriously, whats stock times on a 96-00 EX anyway??

jdmek9r

mRek9R
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hm..wieghing in at about 2700lbs; i'm sure you have decent tires; has intake and exhaust, stock headers?; you dont need to remove the passenger seat, it'll make no difference. 50shot is reasonable since rule of thumb is never to exceed half of what your motor is making(~100whp, 95tq). Extremely high 14s are possible if you can do a 2.0-2.1 60' time and shoot NO2 correctly(14.9999999999). Remember even if you have a kickass setup you'll still need the tires.

jdmek9r

mRek9R
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lowzone said:
will the 1/4 mile time include you going back on the track and picking up the pistons you shot out your exhaust?????

seriously, whats stock times on a 96-00 EX anyway??
anywhere from 17s to 15s

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock 00 ex coupe runs 16.7 1/4 mile

JoeB

Skunk2 racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mY bet is low 15's if your good at launching and good at reaction times

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
At what Rpm do people usely launch at ???? 2k 3k ????????

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jdmek9r said:
hm..wieghing in at about 2700lbs; i'm sure you have decent tires; has intake and exhaust, stock headers?; you dont need to remove the passenger seat, it'll make no difference. 50shot is reasonable since rule of thumb is never to exceed half of what your motor is making(~100whp, 95tq). Extremely high 14s are possible if you can do a 2.0-2.1 60' time and shoot NO2 correctly(14.9999999999). Remember even if you have a kickass setup you'll still need the tires.
i agree.. i could see high 14's

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imbcruz said:
At what Rpm do people usely launch at ???? 2k 3k ????????
depends on ur motor really..i gotta launch around there because otherwise i'll spin all througout first and 2nd...
damn i'm gonna f**k my run up..:scurred:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lowzone said:
what the hell does that mean?

why the f**k would pistons even go out your exhaust... if you are implying that hes going to blow his motor up.. i doubt it.. as long as everything is stock quality or better.. he should be fine..

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn OC ur car is sick...:lol:...:drool:

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
blazed I think you'll be fine launching at 2k I was trying 2k last night in my car didn't spin that long you have a faster car try it ..

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i wont spin at all at 2k..depends how much im revving...higher than 35 or 4 i'll def b spinning..i spinned all the way thru 1st and 2nd the other day at the meet in CT..:rolf:
but hopefully ill get a couple runs in and correct my mistakes...
i think eddieisaricer was asking for south jersey heads..this dude DEBo..the threadstarter is a S. Nj head..:what:

jdmek9r

mRek9R
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The street and track (in many cases) are different. The last time I was at the track I had to launch at about 6000rpm for a perfect launch and that was with my HX rims wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-S. Gave me my nice 2.0-2.1 60' time. Tires make all the difference! Time to get the new T1-Rs or Azenis or 555r's. 8)

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DEBO said:
I'm planning on running my car at e-town Aug. 13th. What i have is a 98 civic coupe ex, d16y8. It has cai, catback, 13lb rims passenger seat will be removed along with the spare tire and 50 shot of zex. What times do you think i'll have? I've never ran the car yet, so im kinda anxious to find out.

are you rolling alone to Etown ?? there alot of us rolling together from this site wanna join ??? :what:

i tired