I'm running Aug. 13th what 1/4 times?

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jdmek9r said:
The street and track (in many cases) are different. The last time I was at the track I had to launch at about 6000rpm for a perfect launch and that was with my HX rims wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-S. Gave me my nice 2.0-2.1 60' time. Tires make all the difference! Time to get the new T1-Rs or Azenis or 555r's. 8)

So what would you say i should launch at ?? i have a d15b7 with I H E si wheels with Hankook tires ?? 3500 ????

jdmek9r

mRek9R
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imbcruz said:
So what would you say i should launch at ?? i have a d15b7 with I H E si wheels with Hankook tires ?? 3500 ????
Try launching at 4000rpm, then 5000rpm and compare those two slips. A good launch is one that just peels then moves in a smooth motion. If you wheel hop a lot try a little less rpm. (too much wheel hopping is kinda bad as it rocks your motor, header, exhaust, and motor mounts all around like they're being b***h slapped. What i did to prevent that is 3M window weld the rear tranny mount, the lower part of both side mounts[driver and tranny] and filled the two front lower mounts). If higher than 4000rpm just peels and goes no where, lower it is.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think 4000 rpm is the best way to launch..so still gonna sell it to me??? the head?

jdmek9r

mRek9R
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JSPEC Ek9 said:
i think 4000 rpm is the best way to launch..so still gonna sell it to me??? the head?
just PM'd ya, i'm out for the night. Let me know how the drag strip goes mangs. eversince i sold my hatch i've been depressed...8)

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I launch around 4-4.5k in my EM1.... That gives me a little tire spin and BOOM HEADSHOT!! I mean, Im gone (as gone as a civic could be).

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but when the opponent launches the same as you, is it better to shift before he does or shift after?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used to launch at 3k and i have so tirespin and wheelhop its disgusting...my tires suck. that was with dumping the clutch though, try slipping it, if you get good you have pretty much no wheelspin and you get off the line much quicker, plus its better for the clutch, not to mention less damage to motor mounts, tranny ect from wheel hop. you have to practice w/ your setup to find out whats right, it all depends on your tires/clutch/mods ect. ect.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JSPEC Ek9 said:
but when the opponent launches the same as you, is it better to shift before he does or shift after?
dont worry about where you oppennet shifts... that has nothing to do with how fast your car CAN run......

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cause everytime we launch, we launch at the same time, when he always shift before me, and he always gets me, i mean we have all the same setup too...

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats because launching at a higher rpm there buddy. if he launches higher, and you both have the same setup (same engine = redline) then he will get to the redline or peak power first, and he will shift first. common sense

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
think about it..i even asked him what rpm he stages at, he doesn't even know what rpm he shifts at, no tachometer....

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have a tach? if so, he owns you at driving

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No i don't have one either...i just wait till he shifts then i shift right after..

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well without a tach its hard to shift at the right time. i suggest you find yourself one, you could be short shifting when you have plenty of rpm's left that will yield more power, or you could be revving too high and hurting the engine...too many factors to give you advice on that one

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how about u go to the track and find out....
we dont know ur driving capabilities
dont know what the track and weather condition will be

est maybe a 15.7

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15.7s is that your estimate of how much my car is going to run??

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JSPEC Ek9 said:
No i don't have one either...i just wait till he shifts then i shift right after..
learn how to drive a stick=learn how to shift and when to shift...

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i do know how to drive a standard, just have no tachometer dumbass

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my advice, get one. you can't make precise and perfect shifts without knowing what rpms you are at. you can learn to just use the sound to guesstimate but its still not as accurate. get a tach yo

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JSPEC Ek9 said:
i do know how to drive a standard, just have no tachometer dumbass
u shift when he shifts...who sis the f**king dumbass..dumass...