ingalls camber kit = garbage

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so my car started clunking when i hit bumps last week, so i jacked it up and it looked like the a arm was loose or somethin, so i took it to the tire place that put on my camber kit cause the guys really cool so he checked it out, and the bushings in the BRAND NEW INGALLS CAMBER KIT i had installed last year are completly shot on one, and starting to go on the other, this only after 11,000 miles! Most of which were HIGHWAY miles when i went to arizona twice. Pisses me off that i go and try and do things "right" with my integra and so far i have a cracked dc header, a broke ass apexi n1 that fell off my car, and now this bullshit. If i woulda just let the tires tilt inward with no front camber kit like i did on my old accord sure i woulda had to buy new tires more often, but i wouldnt be spending the 60 i did on the ingalls ..... and now the 150 i spent on the omni kit, plus alingment and install once it arrives!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMNI...sspagenameZWDVW

And recently i found out that the omni kit doesnt even come with upper bushings! So off to pick and pull i go next week to buy those damn things, luckily 92-95 civic suspension is the same as my car cause i think the newest integra i ever seen over there is an 87 or some s**t.

more than i wanted to spend to fix this s**t but theres no way i am getting another ingalls kit after this.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have omni, and i just used my old bushings i believe

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sucks man.. i just keep crossing my fingers the ugr kit i've got continues to work..

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The omni kit is waaaaayyyyyy better! I have ingalls in the back with no problems after 2 years, And megan upper A arms in the front with ajustable ball joints for the camber, Not like the cheap ones where you put the little sliders on the two ball joints that hold your a arm on those suck nuts! I think the megan kit is actually a replica of the omni kit, If it is i know you will love it and it will give you many miles of service! Good luck to you man!

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t...i hope my skunk2 camber kits hold up. You makin me scared lol. Ive only had them on for a couple thousand miles though.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
i have omni, and i just used my old bushings i believe
i dont have the old bushings though :cry: i think the tire guy got rid of em when he put the ingalls on.

goin to pick n pull in fairfield tommorow ... they open at 9am hopefully i can swoop em

mother_BORED

5+ Year Member
sorry for the threadjack, but its kinda related so...are SPC kits any good? im thinking of getting them for my 7thgen coupe. or am i better with something else?

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive had the skunk2 camber kit on my car for about 8-9 months now and I have had absolutely no problems. I couldn't be happier and if I'm not mistaken the skunk2 and omni are exactly the same.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think i'm having this exact same thing with my omni kit. i have a series of loud pops when slowing down or accelerating from a stop.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
spc is one of the better ones. i've had mine on over a year and the alignment is perfect.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eran, I have the Omni upper control arms, and had the same noises you describe..
What it turned out to be, was the outermost-portion of the control arm, when the suspension was compressed under bumps or braking, was catching the inner edge of the fenderliner.. I little trimming of the liner with a razorblade, and the popping was gone!
I've put about 15k miles on my Omni control arms with absolutely NO issues..

Word of advice though.. Replace the 4 allen bolts that come with the arms (for the balljoint plate) with better ones, as the stockers break fairly easily when tightening.. Get some stainless ones, and use a little anti-sieze on them... You can replace them one at a time w/o messing up your alignment.. Well worth the 6$ and thirty minutes..
I broke 2 of them during the initial alignment (one on each side.) I just had my alignment checked this morning, and its still well within factory spec..

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so since ppl are having probs w/ these, what would ya recomend?? i'm gonna be changing out my wheels and going smaller w/ a low tire and wanna go lower but don't want to have to buy a set of tires in a month from camber wear. What about the skunk2's??

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Skunk2s are about the same as the Omnis, but a little more expensive.. The Omni's use the nice balljoint that has a ton of angle rotation, and will accomodate just about any drop you throw at it... it's +/- 4*, which is alot.. And the balljoints, since they flex so far, won't bind up..
For the 6th gens, the bushings are pre-installed in the new C-Arms, and they are black urethane.. I've got absolutely zero complaints about the Omnis.. Mine were like 130 shipped.
The EG/DCs obviously use a different type of mounting than the 6Gs, , but still, get OE replacement CA mounts.... you'll love them, too!

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Im not nearly as low as most here, but as you can see, It's lowered a decent amount, and my camber settings are -.2* L/ -.3*R

If you want, today, I'll jack up a corner and take a picture of the balljoint location, for adjuested purposes, and you can see how much adjustment is made from zero (center)

robstamina

5+ Year Member
Melt said:
so my car started clunking when i hit bumps last week, so i jacked it up and it looked like the a arm was loose or somethin, so i took it to the tire place that put on my camber kit cause the guys really cool so he checked it out, and the bushings in the BRAND NEW INGALLS CAMBER KIT i had installed last year are completly shot on one, and starting to go on the other, this only after 11,000 miles! Most of which were HIGHWAY miles when i went to arizona twice. Pisses me off that i go and try and do things "right" with my integra and so far i have a cracked dc header, a broke ass apexi n1 that fell off my car, and now this bullshit. If i woulda just let the tires tilt inward with no front camber kit like i did on my old accord sure i woulda had to buy new tires more often, but i wouldnt be spending the 60 i did on the ingalls ..... and now the 150 i spent on the omni kit, plus alingment and install once it arrives!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMNI...sspagenameZWDVW

And recently i found out that the omni kit doesnt even come with upper bushings! So off to pick and pull i go next week to buy those damn things, luckily 92-95 civic suspension is the same as my car cause i think the newest integra i ever seen over there is an 87 or some s**t.

more than i wanted to spend to fix this s**t but theres no way i am getting another ingalls kit after this.

which kit number do you have?

some kits include bushings...some do not..

contact me directly and I will see what I can do for you..I have had my Ingalls kit on my si for over 2 years and no probs..

robs@ingallseng.com
1.800.641.9795ext23