10+ Year Member
ive always been interested in these.

looks like a super easy install

good writeup anth.

vspec sir

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
this apprears to be one of the differences.. the Ingalls one does not need anything changed the stiffness adjustment is all sefl contained and just requires a few spins of an open end wrench.. :D
are you speaking of the pre-load on the ingalls damper? because my NRG also has one. I'm curious as to see what your damper looks like on the inside, out of curiosity have you taken a look?

corsport

5+ Year Member
vspec sir said:
are you speaking of the pre-load on the ingalls damper? because my NRG also has one. I'm curious as to see what your damper looks like on the inside, out of curiosity have you taken a look?
Yes, Its a teflon/poly bushing of sorts.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vspec sir said:
i have not personally taken it apart no..

there are two types of adjustments made.. stiffness and length.. both of them are done with a wrench on the outside..

vspec sir

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i have not personally taken it apart no..

there are two types of adjustments made.. stiffness and length.. both of them are done with a wrench on the outside..
really? I'm not trying to get into a debate (NRG vs Ingalls) or anything by all means, but I just read through a set of instructions for the stiffy, and It's exactly the same as my damper, well as far as the adjustments go, and exterior visual inspection. Perhaps there is a misinterpertation of what the bushings actually do. The length adjustment, is exactly what it does, physically adjusts the length of the damper to fit the mounting brackets properly. The Pre-load adjustment is going to effect your overall "stiffness" between your chassis, and your motor itself. The bushing inside simply acts as a sort of bump stop to kind of absorb some of the lateral shock/vibration during shifting or weight transfer, but not intended to take the blunt of the weight transfer, that is what the chassis is for. So, increasing the pre-load increases overall stiffness. By all means, I didn't mean the interchangable bushing inside of the NRG damper is what directly determines the stiffness, it's the pre-load adjustment that determines that, and it also looks like that the Ingalls damper is set up the same way. Perhaps they are the same as far as function goes, the only difference might be damper quality, and price. You get what you pay for... that's true, but like I said I've never had any problems with mine, and I've had my damper longer then you I'm sure. I remember reading somewhere, in some Acura forum that some guy did a review, and found that all of the dampers are actually the same design. Now without visual inspection of the interior this cannot be determined. I'm not trying to put down the Ingalls damper at all, or take over your informative thread, I Just don't see how it's that much different from NRG's. none the less, this is a good write up. :thumbup:

ChewiSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got mine from CorSport abouta year ago and no complaints and its just been no wheel hop and nothing but quality from this product. Before I had this Torque Damper, I had crazy wheel hop (from having a turbo set-up)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in regards to the NRG one.. i posted this on honda tech as well and a couple people had reported negative things about the nrg one.. in regards to the instrustions being the same.. who knows.. does the nrg one work.. i dont know i dont have one.. you say you do and its great so we will assume that is in fact the case...that is not to say it will last or is designed as well as the ingalls one.. granted it is only a few negatives but they are things i would not be happy with.. and they all hint to an overall poor quality.. an intake is an intake.. they all do virtually the same thing..filter and suck in air.. some people still prefer a little more and get something that has shown proven quality.. others would think nothing of the foarm yellow ebay intake.. so i guess it just comes down to who you are and what you want for your car..

some discussion about it not talkign s**t just saying..:
spoon_ferio said:
I wonder how the NRG Innovation's damper is :crook: That one is only $80.
prwil3030 said:
I heard Ingalls is the best one out there so far. For $75 is not bad, the torque damper work good, but the bracket design really sucks. My opinion, if you are going to have it for a ek with a b16, dont buy unless you have skills to modify the bracket.
prwil3030 said:
That's the one I bought, damper works buy the bracket desing suckssss. Up to you!!!!
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1645065

vspec sir

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I honestly dont know what those guys are talking about because looking @ the pics you posted of your install everything, even down to the brackets looks to be of the same design. Like I've said I've had this damper for about one year now, and I've been boosted for longer then that, this damper has been put to good use and I have not had a single problem. Don't get me wrong, I can honestly say I have no cheap parts on my car. cheap as far as cost? perhaps, quality... I've never had a problem yet. Either way I'll let you know if it craps out on me.

corsport

5+ Year Member
^The Ingalls one and the others DO NOT share the same brackets. Ingalls builds the brackets by hand and designs them over and over until they don't fail any longer. The competition just makes a bracket and calls it a day.

Hope that helps,
Tai
CorSPort

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just picked up a set of Prothane motor mount inserts for $30 (I figured I couldn't go wrong with that price) for my 2000 Si and after reading this thead (and others), I'd definately like to pick up an Ingalls "stiffy". WOuld anyone reccommend doing both the mounts and the damper or just the damper? I've heard that the motor mounts tend to bring upon alot of rattles, so would adding the stiffy just make them more pronounced? Its a daily driver so I want to keep it fairly comfortable, but still get the most I can out of it.

Also a side note, somone mentioned that the ES motor mount inserts are held in with zip ties and the install is simple...The Prothane inserts don't seem to be the same way, or are they?

Thanks in advance

corsport

5+ Year Member
Actually from my experience the combination of mounts and a stiffy actually produces a less "shaky" car then either product alone.

Hope that helps,
Tai

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks a lot Tai.With the results both should provide, and less "shakes" it'd probably be a nice combo. Time to order mine from CorSport!

corsport

5+ Year Member
Slammed_am said:
Thanks a lot Tai.With the results both should provide, and less "shakes" it'd probably be a nice combo. Time to order mine from CorSport!
^got your order, going to pick some up today, I will ship it by the end of the day and reply with a tracking number.

Tai

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i order now, would you also be able to ship out by the end of the day? thanks :thumbs up

corsport

5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
if i order now, would you also be able to ship out by the end of the day? thanks :thumbs up
Yep, about to run up there -- do it now and I Ill get it out.

Tai