10+ Year Member
corsport said:
^Cool, I got you covered.

Tai
thanks again, will recommend you guys. :thumbs up

robstamina

5+ Year Member
SCCRules said:
very nice! does it reduce any wheel hop at all?
that is it's main purpose to decrease torque steer and wheel hop.

It acts like an engine mount in regards to function but performs better..bascally it gets more power to the ground by decreasing power robbing engine movement.

Basically the damper takes care of engine movement from front to back which is about 90% of engine movement from decell and accel....I would also recommend mounts with the damper cause the mounts help with the residual motor movement from turning and from side to side..

mounts vs. damper

mounts are a PAIN to install and are not adjustable..
damper is adjustable in relation to how stiff or soft AND length..
damper does not vibrate as much as mounts eventhough it will vibrate through the car as opposed to it not being installed.. use the "dynamat trick" for that.

You also get better shifting because the engine along with the tranny isn't moving around..

again guys email me with any ?'s...

robs@ingallseng.com

robstamina

5+ Year Member
vspec sir said:
I have an NRG damper, and it's essentially the same thing. I paid $80.00 for mine, fairly inexpensive and I too noticed a difference in shifts, launches. Comes with all the hardware you need for installation. The NRG damper has bushings inside of the damper itself, it also comes with two sets of bushings, one stiffer then the other so you could install what ever bushings you want according to your preference. :thumbs up I have never had a problem with this damper from the day I installed it.
the difference between or piece and alot of the competition is the damper internals and the quality of the brackets...

some companies use liquid filled or gas filled damper shocks that DO NOT work because the damper internals are getting heated up and making it not work because they are close to the engine..ours do not react to heat like this..

second is the bracket quality..
we spend the majority of time testing and researching what works best...before we release our product they have usually been on several test cars for a couple months.. alot of the damper companies have done recalls on the brackets also cause they have not done the R&d on them....

xazniboix

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm interested but first I gotta buy some new brake rotors. I'll place an order on the dampers after I get my brakes.

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Received mine today thanks a bunch for that super fast shipping. it looks like a quality piece and I can't wait to install it and see how it works. Unfortunately I'm lazy today. Maybe my next day off. lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slammed_am said:
Received mine today thanks a bunch for that super fast shipping. it looks like a quality piece and I can't wait to install it and see how it works. Unfortunately I'm lazy today. Maybe my next day off. lol
good luck with it check back and let us know what you think of it.. :D

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome review oc, i am most def. gonna cop one of these. i ve always wondered what ingalls quality was, and it looks pretty good.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ima do mine today... w00t. As soon as UPS gets here.

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it necessary to jack the car up to remove the control arm bolt?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slammed_am said:
Is it necessary to jack the car up to remove the control arm bolt?
i did.. because its MUCH easier to get back in there to guide it back in when you are done.. ALSO i wouldnt want weight on the arm with only one bolt in place..

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good point...I figured it was just to take pressure off of it. easy enough. Thanks

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
installed mine today:

vspec sir

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
robstamina said:
the difference between or piece and alot of the competition is the damper internals and the quality of the brackets...

some companies use liquid filled or gas filled damper shocks that DO NOT work because the damper internals are getting heated up and making it not work because they are close to the engine..ours do not react to heat like this..

second is the bracket quality..
we spend the majority of time testing and researching what works best...before we release our product they have usually been on several test cars for a couple months.. alot of the damper companies have done recalls on the brackets also cause they have not done the R&d on them....
as a rep for Ingall's I understand that you have to push your product, I am in no way trying to be little your product. I was simply curious as to why the original poster thinks this product is better then the NRG damper which is appears to be identical to your product, and as far as the quality goes who knows, all I can say is that I have been using my damper on my boosted EM1 for over a year and have never had any problems. Either way thanks for the help

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vspec sir said:
as a rep for Ingall's I understand that you have to push your product, I am in no way trying to be little your product. I was simply curious as to why the original poster thinks this product is better then the NRG damper which is appears to be identical to your product, and as far as the quality goes who knows, all I can say is that I have been using my damper on my boosted EM1 for over a year and have never had any problems. Either way thanks for the help
i understand you mayt consider his answer biased.. but keep in mind that someone on another site gave the same answer about a non-Ingalls damper.. and that beign the brackets.. ... i have no experience with the NRG one.. all i was doing is discussing a product i got... and giving a review on it.. you can send me your NRG one if you want me to do a comparison ;) your entitled to your opinion.. but im just saying the topic was intended to discuss my experience with the ETD and Ingalls as a company.. i can apprecaite that there are other comapnies out there.. but i like the resources to intelligently compare the two..

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just installed mine today and the install went great on my EM1. Things were a little tight because of the cruise control and, I had to do things slightly different than the instrustions explained, but all in all it was fairly simple. The only question I have is how many rubber O rings should I have? when looking at the photos in the instructions, coming through the brackets it seemd to be bolt/bracket/ metal washer/O ring/ ETD/ O ring / nut. I have it... Bolt/ bracket/ washer/o ring/ ETD/ Nut.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slammed_am said:
I just installed mine today and the install went great on my EM1. Things were a little tight because of the cruise control and, I had to do things slightly different than the instrustions explained, but all in all it was fairly simple. The only question I have is how many rubber O rings should I have? when looking at the photos in the instructions, coming through the brackets it seemd to be bolt/bracket/ metal washer/O ring/ ETD/ O ring / nut. I have it... Bolt/ bracket/ washer/o ring/ ETD/ Nut.
sorry i missed this.. it goes EXACTLY as illustrated in the instructions..

illustrated by i believe #3...

http://www.ingallseng.com/Instructions/93020.pdf

99_CiViC

it's a way of life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do u support the engine underneath with a jack when removing the two mount nuts? good write up btw..

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99_CiViC said:
do u support the engine underneath with a jack when removing the two mount nuts? good write up btw..
I did and would recommend u do.