Ingalls Torque Damper Review/Write Up

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99_CiViC said:
do u support the engine underneath with a jack when removing the two mount nuts? good write up btw..

i did not.. I dont recall Ingalls recomending it..

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
wierd, cause when I installed new motor mounts, they were like "DONT forget to jack up your engine". When I went to install the mounts, those two bolts where the only thing holding the mount to the engine, Id imagine itd be a good idea to jack up the motor under the oil pan wtih 2 blocks off wood on a jack.

99_CiViC

it's a way of life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
wow...when i'm going to install mines, i'm going to support the engine underneath just to be on the safe side.. >`

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
wierd, cause when I installed new motor mounts, they were like "DONT forget to jack up your engine". When I went to install the mounts, those two bolts where the only thing holding the mount to the engine, Id imagine itd be a good idea to jack up the motor under the oil pan wtih 2 blocks off wood on a jack.

my motor barely even moved when i did it... :D

vspec sir

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
... i have no experience with the NRG one.. .. but i like the resources to intelligently compare the two..
Exactly, but aparently it's already been compared and judged in "your" review, that's the whole point. Honda-Tech = If your not on the bandwagon, then your Gay. Besides, Honda-Tech has a hella lot of companies representing/selling NRG products on their boards, And I've seen the amount of people buying NRG dampers, maybe your getting feedback from those who had a defective product, god knows Ingalls has had it's fair share.

By the way, yes you guys should be supporting the motor from underneath when your installing the amper. That should already be a no brainer.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vspec sir said:
Exactly, but aparently it's already been compared and judged in "your" review, that's the whole point. Honda-Tech = If your not on the bandwagon, then your Gay. Besides, Honda-Tech has a hella lot of companies representing/selling NRG products on their boards, And I've seen the amount of people buying NRG dampers, maybe your getting feedback from those who had a defective product, god knows Ingalls has had it's fair share.

By the way, yes you guys should be supporting the motor from underneath when your installing the amper. That should already be a no brainer.
your comment lacks ANY additional information... just more opinion.. ill say it again.. a little slower JUST for you... this thread was NOT created to compare them.. it was created to discuss a product i had an experience with.. and highlight the installation.. please drop your endless arguing about your nrg one.. great.. thats what you got.. thats what you want, we all hear you.. you love nrg.. enough is enough.. please dont reply to this arguing your point further.. if you wish to discuss it further PM me..

thanks... ;)

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the motor will be perfectly 100% fine if you just pull off the upper drivers side mount.

if you guys notice, the mount isnt even designed to "hold" the weight of the motor much like the other mounts.

take this advice from hours hours and multiple multiple motor swaps of experiance.

;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oilpool said:
the motor will be perfectly 100% fine if you just pull off the upper drivers side mount.

if you guys notice, the mount isnt even designed to "hold" the weight of the motor much like the other mounts.

take this advice from hours hours and multiple multiple motor swaps of experiance.

;)
probably would explain why my motor barely moved.. :oh:

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finally decided to order the ingalls damper from summit racing for $149. Hopefully that'll be here by this weekend. I picked up some ES Motor mount inserts while I was at it too. I can't wait to install them :D. Thanks for the write up again, it'll come in handy.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
c_diddy said:
I finally decided to order the ingalls damper from summit racing for $149. Hopefully that'll be here by this weekend. I picked up some ES Motor mount inserts while I was at it too. I can't wait to install them :D. Thanks for the write up again, it'll come in handy.
good luck man that should be a HUGE dif with the damper AND mount inserts.. let us know what you think.. :D

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn where have these been! my motor moves and it pisses me off..time to order on payday!

robstamina

5+ Year Member
vspec sir said:
maybe your getting feedback from those who had a defective product, god knows Ingalls has had it's fair share.
can you go into more detail about this comment?
cause we have never had a single warrenty issue with this application..

Like I stated before the difference is in the bracket/ damper construction..and the fact that we spend the majority of time R&ding our products to make sure they work before they reach the market.. we also compare our designs to the competition.

If anyone has any ?'s related to our product please feel free to contact me...

robs@ingallseng.com

Kaeon

5+ Year Member
Good Stuff!! Nice review man!

Rob, Nice to see you somewhere other then on scionlife! >`

*CiViCcOuPe*

yeszur
5+ Year Member
I paid 130 shipped to my door, now i am just waiting on my door step:lol: cant wait to install;) great review

corsport

5+ Year Member
*CiViCcOuPe* said:
I paid 130 shipped to my door, now i am just waiting on my door step:lol: cant wait to install;) great review

Where did you get it for that price? who's whoring them out like that?