Ingalls Torque Damper Review/Write Up

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
feels the same.. no change i still like mine.. = )

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice write up...

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i read that you guys said you should jack the car up to take off the upper control arm bolt, but my question is well the bolt just go back into the hole and every thing be good again, or do i need to do something with the upper control arm once i take the bolt out?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it might shift on you like it did for mine and I just hit it with a rubber mallet until it went back to were it was supposed to be then I put the bolt back in.

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you hit the arm control it's self? so you need to take the tire off to do this?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I took the bolt out and i didnt know that it was connected to the arm so therefore the whole car shifted. You might now have to but its prob easier. Also, if you take it off before you take the bolt out it might now shift since there is no weight on it.

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if you jack the car up then there wont be any weight on the control arm, so it might just stay in the same spot? take the bolt out and put it right back in no probs?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would take the wheel off as well. I dont know if it will stay or not. it prob will though.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i took off the wheel AND jacked the car up.. it was very easy to get the bolt back in..

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah. i didnt know that before i started.

EDIT: OC- I think it might be useful to others to add that in the original post. Did u have to support the engine from the oil pan with the jack as well?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ImportFan1 said:
yeah. i didnt know that before i started.

EDIT: OC- I think it might be useful to others to add that in the original post. Did u have to support the engine from the oil pan with the jack as well?
i didnt brace the engine because i wanted the motor sitting as close to natural as it could AND i didnt really see a nead to do that.. i was concerned that jacking up the motor from the bottom could cause the motor to not sit naturally and put too much load on the damper.. but i suppose you could put a jack under the motor to be safe with minimal contact to the motor.. as in.. just there in case more than actually putting a lot of force on the motor..

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah. i just did it so there wasnt the weight of the engine pulling down on the bolts so it was a lil easier to loosen them.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ImportFan1 said:
yeah. i just did it so there wasnt the weight of the engine pulling down on the bolts so it was a lil easier to loosen them.
good call... makes sense.. i guess i luckily didnt have any issues with my bolts..

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you guys know what the torque specs of the motor mount bolts and upper control arm bolt are? i want to make sure they are torqued down right when I'm done installing the damper

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SuperSize said:
do you guys know what the torque specs of the motor mount bolts and upper control arm bolt are? i want to make sure they are torqued down right when I'm done installing the damper
x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure what setting mine is on, but my wheel hop is seriously GONE at a 4000rpm launch and it doesn't vibrate AT ALL. It might on the stiffest setting a little.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PEARLelectron said:
so how bad does it shake the car?
not bad.. used to it now..

in regards to torque specs.. EVERYONE in this thread should download the helms manual.. off the top of my head i have no idea.. but i KNOW tis in there..