input shaft bearing question

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
guys i took the axles out ,shift rood ,sensors and some bolts from underneat ,i tried to take out the ones from the mounts that hold the tranny and i couldnt it was to hard i tried pry it with a bigger ratchet and i couldnt(i have all my fingers cut )......s**t I GiVE UP today im gonna put everything back.

I have few question

1when i put back the axles do i have to put grease or something so they could come out easy later on ,when putting back the axles wich part should put first ,the one that goes to the hub or the one that goes to the tranny .
2.from where do u put the oil fluid i try to look but theres no hole
3.how much longer do u guys think i could use my car without fixing it.

thanks

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To answer a few of your questions, first you DO need to put the Axles in to the Tranny/Intermediate shaft before you try to put them back into the Hub, and second no, no grease is needed on the splines of the axles. Also a tip for you, when you're putting the axles back in the tranny/intermediate shaft, listen for the snap-ring pop into place, don't have a shop fan or anything like that on while doing it, I made the mistake of replacing my left axle that goes into my tranny and not listening for the ring pop into place and I drve down the road and hit a speedbump and my axle popped out, luckily enough the splines on the axle or tranny weren't rounded off at all, I barely left the house so I pushed it back lol

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks a lot bro i feel bad but its too much work for my self i didnt have noone to help me but oh well im just gonna look for an used tranny and pay someone to put it in ...thanks a lot

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use a 17mm 1/2 drive socket & breaker bar combo to remove those bell housing bolts. :thumbs up

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know bro but i dont have those tools and my hands r really f**ked up with cuts and s**t so im just gonna wait for the swap ......

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys i cant put back my axles is there an easy way to do it .thanks oh and the bolts from the ball joint dont want to go in like they keep spinning .can someday help
thanks

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ball joints broke

hey guys i cant put back my axles is there an easy way to do it .thanks oh and the bolts from the ball joint dont want to go in like they keep spinning .can someday help
thanks
do u guys think i broke my ball joints how can i fix this .......please help i need my car to go to work

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do u guys think i broke my ball joints how can i fix this .......please help i need my car to go to work
pull of your spindle and fit a huge socket around the balljoint in a vice. remove the keeper c clip and hammer it out with a hammer

reverse the process for the installation of the new BJ's

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pull of your spindle and fit a huge socket around the balljoint in a vice. remove the keeper c clip and hammer it out with a hammer

reverse the process for the installation of the new BJ's
so i dont need to take out the whole lower arm control,so after i removed i just put the new one back in ,a guy from socalcivic told me that i have to take it to honda or any other shop so they could put it back .....

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hell no you dont have to take it to a shop. its easy.

ive done it on the side of the road in the winter with hand tools and the crappy honda jack. and yes.. if you screwed up those threads youll need a whole new LBJ