input shaft bearing question

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey bro(jersey 8) sorry to bother u but i cant find the counter shaft bearing on the web page can u give me a lynk so i wont be looking 4 it if i need it ...thanks a lot

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SKATERANGELO said:
hey bro(jersey 8) sorry to bother u but i cant find the counter shaft bearing on the web page can u give me a lynk so i wont be looking 4 it if i need it ...thanks a lot
heres a whole illustration of the countershaft:
https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=1502&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=1998&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+HX&hp_series_transmission=5MT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=B&hp_component=M++05
keep in mind that there are several bearings on the countershaft, not just one.
I had to replace the one with the groove in it, all the way at the top (part #13).

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont worry about the countershaft bearing unless it clicks when you rotate it around with your finger. besides its all part of the countershaft assembly (which remains as one piece when you pull it apart.)

i have a pic of my internals on my b18c1 tranny somewhere around here to help better illustrate it for you.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

heres shift fork 1-3, final drive, and the counter and main sitting together. (main on the right. counter on the left)

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well besides the clicking, make sure the bearing dosent feel gritty when you spin it, and make sure there is no play.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i just replace the ones that feel gritty right ?Imi just waiting for the parts so i could start already ,hey and where did u guys bought the tranny fluid and the bondo .....thanks

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SKATERANGELO said:
so i just replace the ones that feel gritty right ?Imi just waiting for the parts so i could start already ,hey and where did u guys bought the tranny fluid and the bondo .....thanks
the bearings wont be "gritty"

if they are bad they will click when you rotate them.

hondabond from any honda/acura dealer.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vandynamics said:
the bearings wont be "gritty"

if they are bad they will click when you rotate them.

hondabond from any honda/acura dealer.
idk the bearings i replaced had a gritty feel to them when you spun them. felt as if there was too much friction. sorry maybe gritty is the wrong word

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh one more question maybe is stupid but i dunno the answer ,do i have to blled my clutch fluid or something?if so can u guys tell me how to do it .thanks a lot

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jersey8 said:
idk the bearings i replaced had a gritty feel to them when you spun them. felt as if there was too much friction. sorry maybe gritty is the wrong word
i would have done the exact same thing. when it doubt replace the b***h :word:

youll want to bleed your system after its all said and done but you dont have to. the slave cylinder disconnects off of the transmission as a closed assembly then bolts back on. you shouldent have to disconnect any hydrolic lines.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
putting in a short shifter dosent matter if the tranny is in or out. the only thing that would really make a short shifter install easier would be if you had your exhaust out. i installed mine with my exhaust in and it really wasnt that bad.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
waz up guys i havent changes my input s b cause i was to buzy, yesterday i raise my car to c how was underneath i noticed a lot of grease by the tranny do u guys think is leaking oh and one more think the clicking noise its getting worse i already have the parts and my dad told me he was gonna help me next weekend .,do u guys think my tranny got f**ked up already cause the noise its worse than b4 should i fix it or should i get another tranny ........thanks a lot

Jase

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what does screwed up input shaft bearing sound like?