intake manifold installation..

giza556

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have to switch out my auto intake manifold with a manual one being i just did an auto to manual swap.(99-00 ex's had diff. manifolds for autos-manuals) Is this something that i can do myself, like a simple bolt-on process??

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL... hold up
you did a tranny swap and now you ar e5speed so how would this effect your IM at all
but other then that as long as the flange is right and the ims are near similar with all the same sensors then yes
id ont deal with d series but a im swap isnt hard at all

giza556

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
evan2 said:
LOL... hold up
you did a tranny swap and now you ar e5speed so how would this effect your IM at all
but other then that as long as the flange is right and the ims are near similar with all the same sensors then yes
id ont deal with d series but a im swap isnt hard at all
the iavc is diff., so if i put in a 5speed ECu(still have my auto ECU in) i have to match it with the manual intake manifold or my idle will be screwed. i tried putting in the 5speed ECu with the auto intake manifold and my idle was at 3500-4500 :shock:

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did a tranny swap on my car and the minifold is the same, thats strang.

importlegions

1 god, 1 life,1 choice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u can turn the idle down with the idle adjustment screw onthe throttle body?

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
noooooooo.. thats the last resort
if you could fix it without using it tehn do it
dont just think the screw is there to fix all problems if that was the case then you wouldnt see posts about issues

i dont know how the iacv could have issues, because i believe pretty much all b series ones will work with each other, even the ls with the autos
but yes the ecus for the autos are different.. but iacv being diff meh i dont, but it could be
id search honda-tech for some info

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but he is d series...i think he is right..not sure though.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the d16y8 mani from a auto and manual is different. but install should be pretty much bolt on.

1fast4dr

unmatched brutality
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
the d16y8 mani from a auto and manual is different. but install should be pretty much bolt on.
for those that don't know. Auto IM's have the TPS on the firewall, attached to the charcoal canister, but the 5sp has it mounted to the throttle body. Make sure you have the ECU read the correct TPS ( the one on the throttle body. You'll notice the pass side harness by the fuse box will be three pins short ( the ones form the old TPS). just tuck the wires out of the way.