Intertwined's '99 DAP hatch

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
funny i dont remember the mugen one looking like that, i thought it was the invader one. sooooo in that case, i too like the invader better, in fact; i had that same hood on my 5th gen may moons ago and loved it, aside from the chicken mesh and the fact that the water falls right onto the header when it gets wet lol. otherwise a great looking hood esp with what you got going on with the bomex wing.... to be honest i think the advans would have been killer with the hood and the wing, but hindsight is 20/20 ;) cheers

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That looks pretty rad, I'm thinking of getting a ViS duckbill or spoon duckbill, but I hear that fitment is a little off both ways, but then I read that they both fit well. Idk though.
Everything Spoon Sports fits amazing!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That looks pretty rad, I'm thinking of getting a ViS duckbill or spoon duckbill, but I hear that fitment is a little off both ways, but then I read that they both fit well. Idk though.
fitment is never off with spoon sports. slap whoever told you that. Spoon will have variations in the carbon weave because they are all hand laid, but that's it. The spoon one will be lighter and a 1x1 weave.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay thank you, lol. I just know how hear-say about parts and products gets around even when people have no experience with said parts and products.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
from the one Spoonaholic I know all the spoon parts fit amazingly. did a couple small things today

oil changed

took the air filter thing off the VC and reinstalled a hose from VC to CAI

and lastly I raised my front end up some. I had to raise the driver front up 3/8" and the passenger front up 1/2" the car is now sitting at 22 7/8" from floor to fender arch on all 4 corners...................no more rake :(

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20 ftw. Git on it son. But I'm confused about the last comment haha

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Swap complete!!! lol

Well to start off. I had my 99 SI for a little over 8 years before I wrecked it and I was very much "attached" to that car. Then I was SUPER stoked to get the hatchback that I always wanted and did all the swap work. Was fun and enjoyable, but I did not have the "attachment" to it that I did with the SI...............

So I wanted a change. I wanted something a little newer and a completely different platform, but still wanted to stay with Honda. After thinking about it I decided what I wanted and put my hatch on Craigslist. Within 45 minutes of posting it up I had someone text me with exactly what I wanted.

2002 Acura RSX type S. The only mods that have been done are an Injen CAI and a no name cat back exhaust. Met up and test drove/inspected each others cars Sunday evening, then met up tonight and signed titles over to each other.

I will have pics soon, when its light out and I take some as it was already night time when we traded. For now I leave you with this.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet! Never a bad thing moving to a newer chsssis imo.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks Child. ive only driven it a little bit, but so far it has me all giddy again.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Awesome man! Sad to see the hatch go, but it sounds like you got a good deal and you're happy with the result.