Is my Si slow?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
/facepalm

I honestly think your over rating the EM1. In all honesty it isnt that fast out of the box and with basic bolt on. If you want power. Look into boosting or spraying

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to be honest, you have speed and potential mixed up. Hondas all have potential to be fast. Si's are quick but it sounds like your expecting to much.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I meant shifting gear isn't hard at all and plus the people are right. Gts is 180hp 2500lb while Si 160hp 2600lb. It was on a closed road as in a total closed road with nobody driving on it beside us. I just thought that that the 00 si would be fast but after all this it seem freaking slow. Sorry about he grammer I wrote the message like 1 am and then went to sleep. Thanks for all your thought.

The main question was that I thought the b16a2 was a fast engine not lighting fast but fast enough to take on a gts. I am in school 18 credit this semester and I work too and plus cars is my hobby. Can't help it but want to mod the car. It a need not a want to mod car. It about your pride and your ride.

I want a rematch anyway just to see the result. Hopefully this time I will hang with him. Gonna strip the car down. Will get back to you guys soon about the result.
Me no understand. How can be in school but still not use even close to proper grammar?

Hondas: So easy a caveman can do it.

I don't usually tease anyone about grammar (I'll offer a "translation" to help others understand and hopefully leave the person alone), but dear god, your posts become REALLY difficult to understand.

But no, the B16A2 is not fast. It's "sporty" or "peppy", but not fast. You have to also remember this car is fully loaded with all the accessories. The only thing it's missing is two extra doors, a hatch and ABS.

The GTS might have 180 hp compared to the Civic Si's 160 hp, but the quarter mile times are still virtually identical. The Celica is supposed to weigh 2500 pounds and the Civic Si comes in at 2601 pounds.

Stripping your car down is a waste of time. 100 pounds is going to shave about 0.1 second off your quarter mile time.

To really put that into perspective: Your hood weighs about 40 pounds. Your rear seat weighs much less than that. Stripping it will not make you win, will only risk damage to the vehicle and will trash the value of the car.

Honestly, who f**king cares if this douche drives a quicker car than you?

Make your car pretty and pick up more girls than he does. The back seat might end up coming into play if this works.

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
lol! Sorry about the grammar but I suck at English straight up. I am way better at science and math. Yeah you are right even if his car is faster then mine. I know there will always be car that is faster then mine out on the road. But it like a grudge inside me wanting to beat his ass.lol.

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slow is a very relative term. I was in a 911 Carrera 4S last weekend, and it felt "slow" to me.

I wouldn't throw money at your car just so you can blow by a celica on the highway. Build your car with the parts you want for the purpose of making you happy, not to be faster than another guy. There will always be someone faster than you, no matter what you end up driving.
lol hey its mishimoto, rare to see you guys here, bought a intake from you guys off ebay, great product

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
"Shifting is like unwraping candle"? What‽ How do you unwrap a candle‽ How is it like shifting gears in a manual transmission on a car‽
i literally LOL'd :rolf:
Slow is a very relative term. I was in a 911 Carrera 4S last weekend, and it felt "slow" to me.

I wouldn't throw money at your car just so you can blow by a celica on the highway. Build your car with the parts you want for the purpose of making you happy, not to be faster than another guy. There will always be someone faster than you, no matter what you end up driving.
;)
but yea man my car is slowwwwwwwww so i went for looks lol
.. can you say parada tires?
lol what is the point of your post..? and what about parada tires :what:

dude, your seriously overrating your civic. those few bolt-ons you have are really no big thing. if you're really worried about some dbag in a celica then won't you stop wasting your money throwing ebay parts at your car and do a GSR or ITR short block swap and have an obd1 ecu chipped and tuned. if you really can drive and shift like "unwrapping a candle" then you should haven no problem outperforming the celica

Last edited:

dc5kid

OH s**t!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes I can drive so to let the people know who keep saying do I know how to drive. When my si was totally stock I down with a EG EX with I/h/e/ecu and I beat him first and second gear shifting only at 7K rpm and this was stock. Not trying to knock on anyones door but that is just what happen. I gonna try and race other people with 00 si and see how fast there are compare to mine. A friend of mine has a 03 RSX type S i/im/h/e/kpro and only pull 205whp at the wheel and did low 14s at track. I don't know we see how much hp mine has soon when I save up some money.
1. congrats on beating a d series. lol
2. the rsx will destroy you, 14's isnt bad at all for a dd/street car
3. knock on anyones door? wtf?
4. please dont dyno your car. it will be like.. 140 or somethin.. save that money, buy a gsr bottom end and put your b16 head on it and trans. id say that would get you the best bang for the buck.

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
Yeah I already stated that the totally built LS/VTEC was toda everything wasn't that fast.
Yes of Course an RSX Type S will destroy me but not a Base model.
That night my cousin with his 03 Rsx type S:intake, header, exhaust, and solid motor mounts raced me.
We launch and I got it then he pulls up by the end of first gear and then pull away from then on.
That is a no brainer question.
What I meant was for no one to get offend if I said that single cam was slow and there people go stating the obvious.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
B16A2's are slow. Regardless of what ANYONE says. A stock B16A2 with bolt-ons is slow. A stock B16 will run a mid to high 15 1/4 mile. Bolt-ons will add a couple tens of a second, if that.

And didn't the GTS come with a 6-speed transmission? Shorter gears with slightly more torque helps out in acceleration.

If you think LS/VTEC or B20/VTEC's aren't that fast, go race one and find out how bad your ass will get stomped. Much worse than the GTS. With a proper tune and mild engine work, they can be pretty quick motors.

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
Yeah! I heard LS/Vtec was fast but apparently not this one. He ran in the low 15s and he told me he got ls bottom with gsr head. Toda cam and gear and etc. It was a eg hatch totally stripped and his brother had a gsr turbo eg hatch which ran 12s.. I ran 16 flat and the two other si ran high 16s and low 17s that day. The other si had way more mod then I did, but couldn't launch so good but still. Here is the clip of the si but this is against my cousins rsx:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3niZg63lZ6E&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6jILdHBQA&feature=related

And this is my cousin running his 14.6 at track if you wanna see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JoGiaU7CPM

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude, your seriously overrating your civic. those few bolt-ons you have are really no big thing. if you're really worried about some dbag in a celica then won't you stop wasting your money throwing ebay parts at your car and do a GSR or ITR short block swap and have an obd1 ecu chipped and tuned. if you really can drive and shift like "unwrapping a candle" then you should haven no problem outperforming the celica
:word:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah! I heard LS/Vtec was fast but apparently not this one. He ran in the low 15s and he told me he got ls bottom with gsr head. Toda cam and gear and etc. It was a eg hatch totally stripped and his brother had a gsr turbo eg hatch which ran 12s.. I ran 16 flat and the two other si ran high 16s and low 17s that day. The other si had way more mod then I did, but couldn't launch so good but still. Here is the clip of the si but this is against my cousins rsx:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3niZg63lZ6E&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6jILdHBQA&feature=related

And this is my cousin running his 14.6 at track if you wanna see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JoGiaU7CPM
Holy s**t that Si doesn't know how to launch. It looks like he's letting off the gas after he launches the car, then gets back on it. That car should be running a mid to high 15. He REALLY doesn't know how to drive. I could beat him with my d-series lol.

Same goes the ls/vtec. If he's running 16's, either he needs a tune really bad, or he needs to learn to drive really bad.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
man the si driver needs to learn how to drive

CivicSiGuy07

5+ Year Member
Well i raped a mazda speed 3 the other night with a turbo, damn it felt so good, i love when ppl talk s**t about my car then get killed in a race! Makes my life complete!

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man the si driver needs to learn how to drive
:word:

this all doesn't make sense if you have videos of the track why not track your car? none of this should matter without time slips. not trying to hate just wondering.

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
I do got time slips and my best is 16 flat (don't feel like downloading it on but if you insist just hit me up and I wll down load for y'all). At the time I had intake, header, and intake manifold I think. My two si rims with tires were worn out so I took my cousin's 98 dx donut with 185/65/r14 tires and had them on the front with it at 20 psi.

Had no traction what so ever. Always burn until 4k rpm on lauch and always burn on shifting 1-2, 2-3. Had bad traction and plus this was my first time at track so I wasn't so good at time. At the end of the test and tune my cousin finally told me that I was launching to late. I always launched when the light was green and he told me to launch the light right before the green so that my car would start to move exactly on green. But I was afraid that I would launch too early and get no time.

I would of landed in the low 15s if I had better tires like 205/50/15 on my si rims and know when to launch because my reaction time was way too slow.

The reason why the si seem to launch and then slow down is because he bogged on launch. This happens to a lot of the honda at track. The LS/VTEC ran low 15s but he claim that he can run high 13s but I never saw it at track.

C-M-CUM-EM1

5+ Year Member
I love my em1. I have a b18c bottom end built with the works and i step on gts's like nothing lol.