Jdm Badges

xirixh3x

5+ Year Member
Ok...I understand that the green and yellow one is young driver and the tear drop one means elder driver....but why do people insist on putting them on their Honda's. Wouldn't a JDM young or elder driver badge be equivelent to a Bright Yellow sticker that says "Caution New driver"?...Either way wouldn't it be kind of an insult to people as if there a New Inexpierenced driver or an Old Driver. or saying "You don't know how to drive" Is that what the badges mean or does it mean something beyond my understandiing? Any input on this will be greatly appreciated.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have a magnetic beginner one if you want to buy it

xirixh3x

5+ Year Member
No I'm good thanks though... My view on it is why would people buy them and put them on their car because they basically mean I dont know how to drive

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok...I understand that the green and yellow one is young driver and the tear drop one means elder driver....but why do people insist on putting them on their Honda's. Wouldn't a JDM young or elder driver badge be equivelent to a Bright Yellow sticker that says "Caution New driver"?...Either way wouldn't it be kind of an insult to people as if there a New Inexpierenced driver or an Old Driver. or saying "You don't know how to drive" Is that what the badges mean or does it mean something beyond my understandiing? Any input on this will be greatly appreciated.
I don't know..... maybe the same reason people insist on reposting old threads. down syndrome I guess. :what:

:retard:

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know..... maybe the same reason people insist on reposting old threads. down syndrome I guess. :what:

:retard:
Hey genius it's called Downs Syndrome

Edit: It can be used either way, but its officially Downs Syndrome. Named after the biologist who discovered it as a disorder where the sufferer has an extra chromosome in the 21st pair

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
most of the cars i see with these badges have oem wheels, a shiity drop, and mismatched body pieces :thumbdown

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For those who don't know what these badges are,these badges are used in Japan for letting drivers know if your a senior driver (red and yellow) or a young/teenage driver (green and yellow). Don't know why people have them here, its pretty much useless, but it is cool because its from Japan whooo-- haha.

Anyway to clear things up, Red and Yellow does NOT symbolize "Expert Driver" and Green and Yellow does NOT symbolize "Beginner Driver".

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the reason people USED to have them... is because 100 years ago before "jdm was cool" having little odd items like this was cool.. because it replicated how the car might be in Japan.. now here is the crazy part.. there was a time when you couldnt buy them on ebay.. and they were not massed produced and stuck all over the place.. so having them was actually kind of original..

why people still have them now? no idea....