JDM Coupe Birth To Death...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey OH C!,

Sometimes you don't get back what you invest, how much would you say you lost, if any after the part out?
umm tens of thousands of dollars... honestly.. ;)

but when you consider how much enjoyment I got out of the car.. and the fact that it lasted almost a decade.. and the fact that it financed my new car.. it is really not that big of a deal..

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
tens of thousands? plural????

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tens of thousands? plural????
car was like $12k alone
motor trans $2k+
seats/brackets $1600+
takatas $700
headlights $400
fogs $300+
Autometer gauges $1k+

and that is just getting started... plus counting all the s**t I did with the D16.. I am speaking in regards to TOTAL investment.. which was.. really ridiculous..really don't even like to think about it.. lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh well s**t happens... LOL When I purchased the CTR headlights there were like 3 places that I could even find them.. LOL this was the case with a lot of that jdm s**t.. so it cost a lot of money.. ironically the mustang will destroy it in regards to power and cost a FRACTION of what I put into the civic..

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
geez, must been hard to let it go, i know it would of been for me if i was in your shoes.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
geez, must been hard to let it go, i know it would of been for me if i was in your shoes.
I like hondas.. I always will but that doesnt mean it will always be the right car for ME personally.. this was the case here.. as much as i cared about the car.. as much as i put a s**t ton of money and time into it.. it was time to let it go... I actually had wanted to get rid of it for some time believe it or not.. but I could not come to grips with losing all the money.. when the belt went, I just talked myself into assuming the worst and took the loss.. I never even cracked the motor open because I didnt want to know.. I drag raced the car, and as much as I enjoyed it, I was just constantly playing catch up.. always wanted to go to a domestic.. so that is where I ended up.. lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
been almost a year since it was completely gone.. some days I miss it.. but I think that is mostly because my Mustang is apart.. lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just stopping in to say hi to my old car.. lol

withemptyeyes

sin motorsports
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just stopping in to say hi to my old car.. lol
I was a bit surprised when this notification popped up in my inbox this morning, but glad I clicked through a few of the old pages. Hope all is well. Shoot me an email at benjaminobscene at gmail dot com if you wanna catch up some time.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ha.. I miss it sometimes to... I tried the mustang thing.. the power was nice.. the sound are the motor was nice.. but cars like that are just such pieces of s**t... the interior is nasty... its just not a nice enough car to drive every day... maybe one day I will pick up another domestic to play with.. but to drive every day? yuck...

I have looked at GTIs... A4s... infinitis... and im just all over the place.. I want a NICE car this time.. that has decent power... I have been without a car for over a year now because I just do not know what I want..

I was a bit surprised when this notification popped up in my inbox this morning, but glad I clicked through a few of the old pages. Hope all is well. Shoot me an email at benjaminobscene at gmail dot com if you wanna catch up some time.
Ha nice to see you Ben.. all is well.. I moved to PA and got a new job.. I will shoot you an email..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Me too. Glad to see you back on the site Anthony :thumbs up Did you consider a Subaru at all? Might come in handy where you are at.
I did.. but honestly I think I want something "nicer"