JDM Coupe Birth To Death...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've never heard of someone getting rid of a honda because it was too complicated....

Everything else sounds legitimate to me.
LOL complicated in comparison... meaning that a XXXhp car in honda world is fairly complicated.. while making that same HP in an older V8 can be far simpler.. you can only spray/boost a stock honda motor so much till it goes boom.. also replacement cost... i just broke the timing belt in a motor that cost me thousands.. if i blow the 5.0 motor ill swap in a SBC.. and they are pretty cheap especially when compared to any honda motor..

if you want a rwd fun get an IS300
no thanks.. ZERO interest.. never really been into "nice" cars..

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL complicated in comparison... meaning that a XXXhp car in honda world is fairly complicated.. while making that same HP in an older V8 can be far simpler.. you can only spray/boost a stock honda motor so much till it goes boom....

It'll go boom if you dont build it to handle boost. Old fox body mustangs (im assuming thats what you meant you want) are slooooow stock but have good potential. Nonetheless... ford=fail. They even circled the biggest problem.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It'll go boom if you dont build it to handle boost.
sure like anything.. but even built hondas are not all that reliable, when you step away from stock configuration of any car you are taking your chances...

dood i JUST read your for sale thread.. YOU blew YOUR honda up on boost.. LOL

Old fox body mustangs (im assuming thats what you meant you want) are slooooow stock
no slower than a stock civic.. in fact faster than most stock civics..

Nonetheless... ford=fail. They even circled the biggest problem.
why.. because you say so? your comment is so ridiculous it barely warrants a response.... about the ONLY thing im losing going from a civic to a mustang is fuel economy.. and the torque im gaining makes up for paying more at the pump.. i like my civic and miss it sometimes.. but it was FAR from an ideal car to try to go fast in.. i mean lets really put it into perspective.. MOST civics are 16/17 second cars stock.. and MOST of them require extensive builds or swaps to get past that.. i did not just get into hondas.. i have had mine for close to ten years.. nitrous.. swap.. etc.. it WAS a fun car.. but the amount of money i put into this thing could have been well spent elsewhere.. i have NO interest in dogging hondas.. but seriously.. in stock form.. there is little comparison between a 5.0 RWD V8 and a 1.6l 90hp car... no offense.. but seriously..

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn. so how much horse power are you aiming for??? dragsters are sick!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn. so how much horse power are you aiming for??? dragsters are sick!
no idea i dont even have the car yet.. lol but i would like the car to be a streetable low 11 second car.. eventually...

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sure like anything.. but even built hondas are not all that reliable, when you step away from stock configuration of any car you are taking your chances...

dood i JUST read your for sale thread.. YOU blew YOUR honda up on boost.. LOL

no slower than a stock civic.. in fact faster than most stock civics..

why.. because you say so? your comment is so ridiculous it barely warrants a response.... about the ONLY thing im losing going from a civic to a mustang is fuel economy.. and the torque im gaining makes up for paying more at the pump.. i like my civic and miss it sometimes.. but it was FAR from an ideal car to try to go fast in.. i mean lets really put it into perspective.. MOST civics are 16/17 second cars stock.. and MOST of them require extensive builds or swaps to get past that.. i did not just get into hondas.. i have had mine for close to ten years.. nitrous.. swap.. etc.. it WAS a fun car.. but the amount of money i put into this thing could have been well spent elsewhere.. i have NO interest in dogging hondas.. but seriously.. in stock form.. there is little comparison between a 5.0 RWD V8 and a 1.6l 90hp car... no offense.. but seriously..

Woah woah woah... calm down there sparky. Yes ir ealize i blew up a honda, because i didnt properly build it. And by saying the fox body mustangs are slow stock, why not go for another rwd v8 car? Wasnt trying to be a douche, sorry you took it that way.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also, i got into cars by growing up around them. My dad who built many old muscle cars and was big into drags and whatnot... owned a few fox bodys. I do give them credit for being able to make easy power. But theres many little things that are faulty about them. Probably one of the most reliable and fun cars we had was a 76 vega with a tuned port 350, and it was not something seen everyday. I have no problem with muscle and v8's, i respect all built cars, and the owners who care for them.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Woah woah woah... calm down there sparky. Yes ir ealize i blew up a honda, because i didnt properly build it. And by saying the fox body mustangs are slow stock, why not go for another rwd v8 car? Wasnt trying to be a douche, sorry you took it that way.
no hard feeling sorry ;)

the reason im choosing a ford mustang is actually several fold.. i really wanted to do a monte carlo or something like that.. but through searching i have found the following.. the condition of those cars is mostly really terrible.. due to being a little older i have crossed many that lack normal things i want such as AC.. also the interior is god aweful.. the mustang i can at least tolerate.. that coupled with readily available parts.. and a good base for power was just the complete package for what im looking for at the moment..

again no hard feelings really..

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True true, i personally would love an 87 monte aerocoupe. But a/c is available if im not mistaken. They go in my area damn near mint for about 4-5k

I have seen some wicked fox body budget builds.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what do you think of the 2010 Mustang? i saw a video of it on the speed channel and they kept saying it's suppose to handle real good. idk. I like the way it looks.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what do you think of the 2010 Mustang? i saw a video of it on the speed channel and they kept saying it's suppose to handle real good. idk. I like the way it looks.
as far as the newer ones go i like the look of the 09s but still just not my thing.. a little too new.. i think that the late 80s early 90s with a cowl hood looking for black.. on some weld rims.. nice exhaust.. just your typical clean mustang of that time.. finding one has become the challenge..

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use to be a salesman on a ford lot. I like em. I mean they have the last generations Bullit engine package on all GTs and the curves on the hood fenders and rear deck are all new and look amazing. They do handle the best out of all the current muscle cars but they're still hurting by putting the 4.6 modular in em. I mean the camaro v6 almost puts up the same power numbers now. They're talking about reviving the 302 though. Should be cool.

As far as oc's 302 build, you're right. It is going to be a different beast but fortunatly v8 amrican crs have huge aftermarkets as well. So if you put the time and effort into this build as your last? You should have no problem forming the five-point-slow into a streetable 11 second whip.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I use to be a salesman on a ford lot. I like em. I mean they have the last generations Bullit engine package on all GTs and the curves on the hood fenders and rear deck are all new and look amazing. They do handle the best out of all the current muscle cars but they're still hurting by putting the 4.6 modular in em. I mean the camaro v6 almost puts up the same power numbers now. They're talking about reviving the 302 though. Should be cool.

As far as oc's 302 build, you're right. It is going to be a different beast but fortunatly v8 amrican crs have huge aftermarkets as well. So if you put the time and effort into this build as your last? You should have no problem forming the five-point-slow into a streetable 11 second whip.
i think i have set myself on just spraying it.. and installing a shift kit, trans cooler etc.. then trying to find a good condition block and build that on the down time.. ;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love the dash board and whole car. Interior reminds me of clean ones built in the 90's.
thanks for the compliment.. i really do miss it sometimes! the interior was honestly one of my favorite parts of the car... very nice to sit in and drive.. just ordered some seats for the Mustang, so now to get that car up to par.. lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
last pics before i chop it up to nothing and dump the shell.. goodbye civic.. lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last pics before I cut up the shell..

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, you got rid of the civic? i always loved your car, in fact i came back to check out the status... good luck with the fox body.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, you got rid of the civic? i always loved your car, in fact i came back to check out the status... good luck with the fox body.
thanks man.. it was a long fun road..

check out the mustang in the "other" section.. coming along.. :D