5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up

congrats

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn u guys cant take a joke lol, i have a bigger motor than that one anyways
its not that we cant take a joke - I dont know what your "not feelin" fo you not like GSR swaps?is there about the swap that you dont like?

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks great man.

I know I love my gsr swap. No boost yet but the high redline and increased torque still make it fun.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cars running great.. couple issues to hammer out but that right there is good s**t.. lol i hate to admit it but the b swap was worth every cent..

ryanM

after all those page-long posts about how for the price B will never be better than D :rolf:

just f**kin with you, bout damn time! :thumbs up

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after all those page-long posts about how for the price B will never be better than D :rolf:

just f**kin with you, bout damn time! :thumbs up
i always said id swap in a gsr motor when the D finally broke;)

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so whats in the future for this?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so whats in the future for this?
nitrous.. lol

Wow pretty catchy :thumbdown Swap looks good :thumbup:
i totally agree with you.. the swap IS bad ass.. it pulls very hard.. BUT the same i said before STILL stands.. i could have taken that same 2400 and built a SERIOUS as f**k d series.. i just chose not to go that route.. its NOT a "oh this one is better than that" kind of thing imo

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
w2ow, just wow, you were my inspiration to fix up the sohc, but thats out the door now : / do you think your y8 could take the gsr swap spraying?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
w2ow, just wow, you were my inspiration to fix up the sohc, but thats out the door now : / do you think your y8 could take the gsr swap spraying?
well HONESTLY.. i USED to say no just doing the math.. 180 or whatever with the gsr and 190 or whatever hp with the single cam.. BUT after actually driving my car now.. i think that the higher redline.. and better tranny would dominate the y8 even spraying... i still plan to spray the b18.. that should be pretty quick...

do what you like.. i stand by what i say about single cams.. you can ABSOLUTELY make them fast OR faster dollar per dollar.. till you max out OR break (like i thought i was) so you just have to decide.. i only got the b18 because it worked out.. otherwise i would still have that Y8..

for the record.. i think that the y8 is still ok.. the horrid noise turned out to be a screw jammed up near a pully that was in there in such a way that i had NO way to see it till the motor was out.. so i dont even think that the y8 died..

but im really happy with the swap