Jordan/JGvtec 97 EJ8 Progress Thread

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you were doing ok i suppose, until you made the intake.

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont buy that ebay bs. stick with your stock box.

New Vega

HondArmy
Honestly, the ebay intakes really aren't bad. You got to figure air flows best through areas with least resistance. The stock tube is made of a not so smooth rubber material and is definitely not flat. Ebay tubes (cheap as they are) would be a smoother & lower resistance inlet of airflow into the motor. For the price, it looks sweet, functions as well as an expensive pipe, and will look a hell of a lot better than his PVC LOL. (And their easy on the wallet)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ebay intakes are good, as long as your buy a better filter such as AEM dryflow

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Its each to there own i guess. Im just glad i did it all myself. Just feel accomplished.If you don't like it i could careless. All that matters is what i think about it ;)

Just finished painting the intake tubing black. Well its rubber undercoating :D Should take about an hour to dry.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As long as your happy, thats all that matters

JGvtec

The names Jordan
TEIN Lowering Springs. Thanks Mitch :D qsrace.com

Ebay MUGEN style lip

Engine Bay
Painted VC and sanded down the honda. Also put a different filter on the intake.

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Woooo!

Header is on. Here is how it looks. I had to move the car inside cuz it rained that night. Ill have to go to the muffler shop or pep boys to see if i can get a spacer. Let me know what you think.

Here is the problem im having.

JGvtec

The names Jordan
d this problem ^. Now onto more updats.

Picked these bad boys up for $130.

irst thing i did when i got back well was watch tv THEN go grab some paint stripper. The one wheel was stripping so i figured f it ill just strip them all and paint them. I then made a trip back to walmart to gra 2 cans of primer and 2 cans of metallic paint. Here are te pics for you noobs. Nice to know the stock center caps are with them too ha.

The start of the stripping

Finished. This one ill have to sand down the face a bit to remove the rest of the peeling. It corroded so far that it went through the other layer under the paint.

On to the primer

Tonight's project is to primer them :D

They are drying now. Ill let them sit for a bit before i start to paint them. One of the wheels looks a bit s***ty because te paint was flaking but hopefully it won't look so bad. I still don't know which color to paint them. I grabbed a Metallic paint so we will see.

The one crappy looking wheel i sanded down so it looks alot better.

Paint

Ok, so i let them dry and then sanded them a bit. well the spots that needed to be sanded. The one s***ty wheel i sanded down a good majority of it using my da buffer and some heavy grit sand paper. I layed down a coat on each wheel so 4 coats total for now. Im going to let it dry for now and come back and see if ill even need another coat. Debating on putting clear on them. We will see when they are dry. Remember this is only 1 coat. Also i just painted them too sooo yea.

Some more pictures.

THIS IS THE s***TY ONE. Looks better at leaset.
http://i355.photob

Pictures are up. Looks nothing like steelies. Im totally happy with the way it turned out. Thanks for the comments.

[IMG]http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r467/biggunsjordan/EJ8/DSC00196.jpg

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey what part of illinois you from? This thing kinda reminds me of my old red coupe =\

Decipher

Registered VIP
You haven't put the lowering springs on yet have you? I'm not a fan of those wheels personally, but it's different at least. Get some 50 series tires and drop that thing... it'll look a lot better.

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
car is coming along not a fan of the intake but hey if you like it thats all that matters.looking foward to see more progress good luck bro