Jordan/JGvtec 97 EJ8 Progress Thread

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Yea, the grill is just temp until i can get the new one. I was bored this night. so i said f it. haha.

More updates. Lip is painted.

Lip is painted.

Sloth_homegrown

looking good man also another thing if you want when your bored paint your brake calipers i did mine and i loved the result it was like a subtle highlight

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Updates. 10/17/11

Wat could it be!?!?!?

Well Lug nuts of course. :D

Thanks BeatBox[Alex]

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah ok haha!

what kind of lugnuts are those? aluminum?

JGvtec

The names Jordan
To tell you the truth i have no clue. My friend works at discount tire in Indiana and gave me a deal on them. Shipped Friday here on Monday.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your getting tein springs, you wont be tucking. they arent made for going low. now coils on other hand, different story

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks. They are 14's also. I wanted to stick with the same size. I checked to see how much lower it will be when i put the springs on and my rear will be basically a lil bit tucking. Gotta love having 14's haha

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Idk. When i checked last. They were going to be pretty much even with the tire. Not as much tucking as i though. Maybe its just me.

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Thanks man! :D

More Updates 10/18/11

They are gold. Just look yellow with the s***ty ipod pictures. Also in new updates. Im positive my passenger rear shock is blow way too bouncy. I need to figure out a way to get these springs on. I also need a new shock so i figure i would buy the shock and then have him[Leo] do the shock and springs at the same time. He charged me 50 to do the lca's. He told me he would do the springs for 80. Im going to see if he can do the springs and the strut possibly for 90. So i figure i would just pay him to install everything else. There is no point for me to install the springs get an alignment and truly find out i have a blown shock.
I would rather do...

Strut>Springs>Alignment

Rather than

Springs>Alignment>Strut>Alignment

Keep in mind people i still need an alignment. Its a plus im on s***ty tires.

More pictures :D

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Posted from CI

Whats up Josh!!!
I like the car alot. You have not been on in a long time man. :( She's fun to drive. its just getting all the little things fixed that sucks.

Yea, Corey. I didn't want to start one side and find out the other side wouldn't budge. So i started with the front drivers side and i call my dad to let him know im doing it he says ok. So i start removing the pinch bolt completely then moved onto the bolt that holds the fork down on the control arm. I start removing it then i get a text from my dad saying i don't want you doing that now. Im like ugggghhhhh. I had to stop and put everything back. :( Although i test fitted the vw wheels with the new lugs. White ftmfw. Still waiting on tires though. If all goes well ill do the springs this weekend and the rear strut ill have to replace. Then get an alignment Monday during work and put the new tires and wheels on.

Here are some pictures from today.

JGvtec

The names Jordan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/31/11

Did some little things to teh car. Painted my calipers up front white. Also put some springs on :D

So i got the whole problem situated with the front end. All that needs to happen now is have my front passenger axle pushed in. I had to drop the uca bolt which in turn pulled the axle out a bit. The front springs are on and i did cut the bump stops to the correct size. All thats left are the rears. Im going t see if me and my friend can do them tomorrow. Also i coated my forks in the front in a rubberized coating just to make them look a bit better than the shltty looking rust. I did onl two coats, so will see how they turn out tomorrow.

Picture as followed.

JGvtec

The names Jordan
I got the springs installed. They have been on there for about 3 weeks now.

Most recent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/20/11

Like in the above post the bra is on. Was a real pain. I tried putting it on right out of the box but it as hard to stretch. So what i did was i threw it in the dryer for a bit so it would stretch. Its really a two person job if it has not been ever used. My mom helped me put it on.

Next i put maaaaa shift boot on. I trimmed down my stock shift knob so the boot would sit higher. I put the boot in wrong the first time so it had some cuts in it. Nothing some jdm sewing can't fix :D :lol:

Came out nice. I noticed that after i lowered my car i wanted to go moooar. So after winter i will order F&F Type 1's From Mitch at qsrace.com

Pictures as followed.