Jseries V6 Swap

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think hasport mounts let you run a oem hood for a 5th gen either only the custom made mounts ppl have made to make the motor sit lower lets you retain somewhat of a nonshitty lookin hood setup... good luck though

kdogg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good swap i was in process of doing it on my 98 coupe.... hade everything...but now i need money so iam selling things form.... i have the 03 type s 6 speed lsd tranny with one axle and has 24,000 miles...if u r interested let me know... thaks

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i havent pick one out yet but im looking in to it and the motor mounts havent came out yet they only have them for the 92-95 civics
check out the latest issue of honda tuning. it has a big article on the j swap. very helpful article.

BBrads2000civic

5+ Year Member
i know thats where i got the idea to do the swap i have already talk to tim and me and a guy from outside of ocala, fl are doing the swap at this shop im just looking for the tranny and motor right now and whos car is the black one with the swap in it i wanna talk to u

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would love to drive a J35 swapped Civic.

I've actually been looking into buying myself and the girl a TL Type-S when I get back from Iraq.

Go ahead and do the swap bro, make a nice writeup or progress thread so everyone can follow as well, piss a lot of the haters off.

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
word! j swap is pretty nasty. what j35 do you have? i read a bunch about this swap in hondatuning. how much did everything end up costing?

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there was a guy on here selling a j motor but i dont remember which one it was

kdogg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah that guy was me....but i sold motor all i got is 6 speed lsd tranny and oner axle and AT wiring harnss and ecu and headers...thats it...if anyone is interested....

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 3.2 type s from the CL are the only ones that had a LSD tranny.

you will need lsd. the 3.5 may be too tall for the engine bay.

3.2 type s > 3.5

aztecracer

Proud owner of an EJ8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well after doing some long hard thinking i have decide to go with a J series V6 motor and a 6 speed tranny in my 2000 Honda civic Coupe i know ur all going to stay its a stupid swap but its my car and i wanna do it i have seen them in a 1992-1995 hatchback civic and they sound pretty good so im taking the test and going ahead with the swap how has anyone here done it or trying to do well post pics has the swap gets started here in a about 2 weeks thanks
did you read the last issue of HONDATUNING if not look into that they recently did that v6 swap and tells you how to do it in a smooth way. I say go for it and tell us how it goes

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you read the last issue of HONDATUNING if not look into that they recently did that v6 swap and tells you how to do it in a smooth way. I say go for it and tell us how it goes
do you not read replies? i asked him that already lol
and kdogg it wasnt you the guy im talking about is from MO and only had the motor

kdogg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if only someone bought that stupid tranny i have.....but times are hard....oh well.....

Splat

5+ Year Member
I dont want to thread jack.......but i am working on this same swap.

There are 2 things that came up as a pain in the @$$,
1. The wireing harness, if you dont mind the check engine light on then do it, or you can do what i am doing and pay out the @$$ for someone to do it for you.
2. The hood, Hasport made the motor mounts to sit the motor higher, because if it was left toward the ground the headders would scrap the ground.

This is what we did to make the hood fit, the pic you put up was another civic with custom motor mounts to sit the motor under the hood.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
won't be a easy swap but i'm sure it'd be totally worth it.

Make it a sleeper... now that's sexy.