jsut dynoed my 98 civic ex

emerican

Registered VIP
Glad to hear your leaning towards the boost it would be a shame to have all the work you already have on the y8 then pull it just to put in a b and start over. What turbo setup are you looking at? How high are you going to try and turn up the boost on her?

xaolin 11

EK8*
Glad to hear your leaning towards the boost it would be a shame to have all the work you already have on the y8 then pull it just to put in a b and start over. What turbo setup are you looking at? How high are you going to try and turn up the boost on her?

yeaa thats true , too much $ put into my motor. d16 n/a is slow for me unless im balling with $$. i want a greddy 18g. trying to boost like 9 psi hopefully make around 200 whp lol . i would do more but isnt safe unless i upgrade my pistons n rods. i dont realley know much about turbos. but i have asked friends thy say turbo d16 is way funner than a gsr swap and costs around the same,thats probably the route im heading towards

emerican

Registered VIP
200 whp is a good base to shoot for thats usally what everybdy seems to try and make when they first boost it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Turbo is SO much fun. Just make sure you get a GOOD tune, and you'll be fine. Don't go overboard on the boost either. Set a realistic goal, and go from there. Also don't cheap out, you'll regret it in the end.

good luck! :thumbs up

xaolin 11

EK8*
lol thanks. friend made 209 whp 198 tq with homemade turbo ,stock d16z6. hopefully i can make more than him with 9 or 10 lbs of boost. yea im going to the same guy who did the n/a tune and im going to replace pistons n rods n hopefully increase my boost to 15 or so

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow 131 hp.. what a waste. coulda swapped a b with the money you spent.. and had cash to spare. and you'd still make more whp and tq.

askaterincville

5+ Year Member
boosted sohc ftw!

I got the vitara and eagle setup on 15psi of boost and stock head i made 248whp with a 2in downpipe and ac/ps!

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats a D for yah :/ id boost the thing, just make sure you know what ur getttign into because you will need to do more maintenance if you go boost. But it's worth it.

EKHatchB18B1

i understand lot of ppl like all motor.... but not to cut balls. shouldve atleast done a dohc all motor... or dohc boosted for the mmoney u spend and got 132whp? just swap a b18b in there and probably wouldve been close to the same power

Chevmaro

You guys are a bunch of downers. I say right on to all motor d. 131 aint bad. Probly close enough to a b16 stock. If he does go boost them the supporting mods will be even better. Except maybe the cams.

afoss

5+ Year Member
You guys are a bunch of downers. I say right on to all motor d. 131 aint bad. Probly close enough to a b16 stock. If he does go boost them the supporting mods will be even better. Except maybe the cams.
the power curve is probley alot nicer than the b...
But now you have a fresh spring setup so you should get rods an pistons.
Then just build your own turbo kit. I have a greddy T157Z for sale w/ downpipe PM me

xaolin 11

EK8*
yea evry 1 says do a swap.but i dont wanna b like evry other guy with a gsr lol .keep'n it original lmao. just starting off little then go big later. well c what i do in the summer have to many plans, either turbo or more upgrades maybe even a poormans type r

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
yea evry 1 says do a swap.but i dont wanna b like evry other guy with a gsr lol .keep'n it original lmao. just starting off little then go big later. well c what i do in the summer have to many plans, either turbo or more upgrades maybe even a poormans type r
lol yeah bro i respect you for that, do your own thing. When i told peoples im doing a f20b swap they all laughed but f**k it, i jus wanna be different than everybody else.