just wanting to say hello from WA state

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Please live in delaware? I thought it was too small for people to occupy, or they just assumed it was part of maryland.
Dude Delaware is Pleasantville, no drugs, murders, theft, trees falling down (wtf), and the police force respects everyone and will even give you a handjob if you ask them nicely.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Dude Delaware is Pleasantville, no drugs, murders, theft, trees falling down (wtf), and the police force respects everyone and will even give you a handjob if you ask them niceley.
+ Clark Kent lives there:roll:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Em2~B!tch said:
exactly that sounds like Spokane!! and i wasnt exactly talking about seattle i know i meant Eastern WA and i hate to be cold so snowboarding isnt the life for me looks fun tho but anything with SNow in the name means cold and im good.. but thanks for the warm welcome guys!!
Oh no, I live in Olympia. I'm from Delaware and crime is MUCH worse here than it ever was near where I previously lived. The weather was nicer most of the year too. It just gets old that it rains almost every day here.
Going-West said:
Dude Delaware is Pleasantville, no drugs, murders, theft, trees falling down (wtf), and the police force respects everyone and will even give you a handjob if you ask them nicely.
Since I've been here, yes, I've heard about lots of drug issues, murders on the news every night, and a windstorm hit that left us without electricity for six days because it knocked trees over all over this area.

I never said the cops were perfect there, but if you called about a car being stolen it'd be bigger news than here. It wouldn't be this type of reaction. "Okay, so yoru Honda got stolen? What do you expect? If you didn't want it stolken, why did you buy a Honda?"

Sorry that not everywhere in the US even is like Cali, Jersey, New York or the Seattle/Tacomptom/Olympia area. Not everywhere has such high theft.

If you guys are teasing so much, do you not realize that not everywhere does a Civic get stolen just because it doesn't have an alarm and a kill switch? Not everywhere is someone killed by a horrific car accident on the interstate while a few others are murdered or hit by some guy driving another stolen Honda. Not everywhere are there meth labs, possibly in your neighbor's house. This is not normal behavior throughout the US, just in some cities.

The theft is just really high here.. .It just is... And the weather is kind of crappy. :what: I'm not saying DE is perfect, but the weather isn't so bad all the time and the personaly crime rates just aren't so high.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Theft, rain, and generally crappy weather almost all year round. Bad roads, poor ice and snow management, trees falling because the ground is soaked, wind storms, a police force that is more concerned with speeding that theft, meth labs and murders.

Gee, it is great here. What the hell was I thinking? :P
If you only look at the negative anything can be bad... Its really not that bad.... But I like rain and snow and hail and all the above.... except the theft....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jmoto911 said:
If you only look at the negative anything can be bad... Its really not that bad.... But I like rain and snow and hail and all the above.... except the theft....
It's just that I'd rather live on the east coast. I liked DE better. I'm not used to it raining almost every single day of the entire year. As far as I'm concerned, that's a major downer.

And it has not snowed very much here at all. It has rained a lot though. When it snows, we can't leave our house (not if the roads ice up because they don't clear the roads, they might put sand down, but it doesn't help much at all).

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love Washington, and the Northwest. It's one of the most beautifiul places in America, has some of the best music in the country, has a great selection of schools, and a lot of great sights to see. Like Jmoto said, if you only look at the negative of things, you can find a lot wrong with anything. It's all about weighting what you like and what you don't, and seeing what's right for you. I'd without a doubt in my mind take the Northwest, despite a little more rain than other places in the US. Everything else said happens in every single place in the world, so if you don't want that you better build a rocket ship and go to the moon.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
I love Washington, and the Northwest. It's one of the most beautifiul places in America, has some of the best music in the country, has a great selection of schools, and a lot of great sights to see. Like Jmoto said, if you only look at the negative of things, you can find a lot wrong with anything. It's all about weighting what you like and what you don't, and seeing what's right for you. I'd without a doubt in my mind take the Northwest, despite a little more rain than other places in the US. Everything else said happens in every single place in the world, so if you don't want that you better build a rocket ship and go to the moon.
Yes, but what I'm saying is that moving here has made me appreciate "boring" Delaware a lot more. Everything's close by, but far enough away that crime and noise and such is kept away from home. Plus the weather is great, the roads are in much better shape, no sales tax and tickets are cheap if you get one. There's a beach you can swim at in the summertime too (here, the beaches I've seen is not where you want to go swimming).

Em2~B!tch

i love my Em2!!
5+ Year Member
i admit WA is not that bad i just dont want to be here for the rest of my life. is all im saying ill come back eventually all my family and friends are here my allergies are just so much better in more humid climates like SC and TN but the dry heat in the summer kills me up here.. and i have lived here almost my whole life and it still kills me. dont even get me started on the Lilacs.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Em2~B!tch said:
i admit WA is not that bad i just dont want to be here for the rest of my life. is all im saying ill come back eventually all my family and friends are here my allergies are just so much better in more humid climates like SC and TN but the dry heat in the summer kills me up here.. and i have lived here almost my whole life and it still kills me. dont even get me started on the Lilacs.
Living in another part of the country is cool. I'm not saying WA is horrible, there are just other places I'd rather live. It's cool that there are more people into cars around here, but with that there also comes auto theft and such. I'd rather be more in the country, farther away from crime, and still be able to drive into the city to do things if I want.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
It's just that I'd rather live on the east coast. I liked DE better. I'm not used to it raining almost every single day of the entire year. As far as I'm concerned, that's a major downer.

And it has not snowed very much here at all. It has rained a lot though. When it snows, we can't leave our house (not if the roads ice up because they don't clear the roads, they might put sand down, but it doesn't help much at all).
Ya if you don't like rain this is not the state for you.... but I like rain and cold because im 86% eskimo! lol

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Going-West said:
x2 - good to see not everyone hates the NW... It has some of the most beautiful land in all of the US

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm kind of a co-resident of Oregon and Washington: Born in Oregon, moved to Washington when I was 4, grew up there, visited Oregon a lot to visit family/friends, came back to Oregon to go to college. Oregon has no sales tax either...I dunno which state I like better. Oregon is a lot more laid back I think, but I like Seattle a lot more than Portland, even though Portland is cool. I just like living in the NW, I don't mind rain at all, and it truley does have some of the best scenery out there. Plus the small towns don't really have that much crime or rampant drug use like the big cities do. Eugene, where I go to school or Maple Valley, where I'm from in WA are pretty boring and relax which I like. Anyway...

It's clear blue skys and sunny today, just in time for AutoX woo hoo!

Oh and sorry for the thread jack to the OP =)