K20 EK9 Build up, tons of pics!

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cant wait for the vid. Are you going to smoke an Evo just to show all the non believers that the K20 + hatch = THE s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hueman

Son of a b***h Must Pay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
Also, the company that makes these dyno'd them with their own custom cams, ECU and header and made nearly 290whp on a stock K20A R. :lol:
i love your car, but jesus... you must be crazy if you believe that.

Rex_89 said:
Cant wait for the vid. Are you going to smoke an Evo just to show all the non believers that the K20 + hatch = THE s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah, and it only took what can only be described as 10's of thousands of dollars to beat a stock evo from a highway roll. a stock evo 9 may give him a little trouble, though.

tangy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome ride dude.

i think i know that company with the itb's, are they from the uk? if so they really do know their stuff.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know if you said anything about a strut bar or not but a Password JDM 3 point bar would look great in that bay

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
tangy said:
awesome ride dude.

i think i know that company with the itb's, are they from the uk? if so they really do know their stuff.
Yes, they are from the UK.. They are not widely known in the US. Clockwise Motion, they develop F1 parts and all kinds of crazy stuff.

To the gentleman that said I'm crazy for beleiving it.. I dont think you understand.. Go to IPS's website they dynoed their cams, TWM 52mm ITB's, valvesprings & retainers, header, and with tuning made about 260-270whp..maybe more now.

This car that I was referring to was not a Civic, it was a K20A Type R in a Lotus Elise..in Europe. With the roller ITB's, their custom cams, their custom header, and tuning with their own ECU made almost 290 to the wheels...all motor. Nothing else.

As for the Evolution, I'm not worried about what you say..or what all the other kids say. A K swap hatch will beat an Evolution from a roll from a stop even in reverse..I dont care what you say, I've seen it happen. Tens of thousands of dollars? About $15,000 for a really fast K swap Civic(the grey one in the video) thats HALF the sticker price of an Evolution.. you tell me where the value is.

I dont want to get into this again, but look at the facts. A K-swap Civic with trap over 100mph..about 107-108mph. Stock Evolutions trap about 100mph. You do the math, they are so fast because they get 1.8-1.9 60fts stock. I'll get 1.8s with huge slicks..

:roll:

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont even trip. I know the K20s will beat evos all day. Like I've mentioned before, I know this dude with a K20 with cams in his EG that kills Evos all day. At the track he ran an 11.6 on the bottle. Thats still basically a stock motor and nitrous runin 11s. If anyone wants to see what K motors can do, go to CMI this weekend at Sacramento Raceway. Team Power Line is coming with 5 K motors. Doubt anyone will challenge them.

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
Rex_89 said:
Dont even trip. I know the K20s will beat evos all day. Like I've mentioned before, I know this dude with a K20 with cams in his EG that kills Evos all day. At the track he ran an 11.6 on the bottle. Thats still basically a stock motor and nitrous runin 11s. If anyone wants to see what K motors can do, go to CMI this weekend at Sacramento Raceway. Team Power Line is coming with 5 K motors. Doubt anyone will challenge them.
That is the truth too..

I'm going to run a 75 shot and I will break into the 11s on slicks. No question.

A good friend of mine has an A2 in an EK, with a JRSC and 100shot and he runs low low 11s on slicks. With the proper traction 10s.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah 10s is very possible. My friend also got a turbo, but he hasnt put it on yet. I think hes a little nervous. His friend has the same set up in a crx and its tuboed, and they are hoping to hit 9s.

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sexy, sexy car. Look at the last pic, it's winking. It knows what we think of it. :lol:

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hueman said:
i love your car, but jesus... you must be crazy if you believe that.

yeah, and it only took what can only be described as 10's of thousands of dollars to beat a stock evo from a highway roll. a stock evo 9 may give him a little trouble, though.
whats a 15k car? a 06 civic ex ? :laugh:
beating cars double and triple their value=priceless 8)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
That is the truth too..

I'm going to run a 75 shot and I will break into the 11s on slicks. No question.

A good friend of mine has an A2 in an EK, with a JRSC and 100shot and he runs low low 11s on slicks. With the proper traction 10s.
IMHO u can hit 11's with DR's..

i'm going for similar times but ur so far ahead of me that it pisses me off :lol:

EastBay_Hatch

Bay Area Youngin
5+ Year Member
Dam man simply the cleanest car i have seen on here. Everything u have done to this makes it just HOTT. Plus u got the K20 in there makes everything 10x better. Yeah if u r squeezin and on Slicks or BF GoodRich street slicks u should be runnin around on the 11's. I suggest u get some BG GoodRich's if u havent because if ur just drivin and some domestic pulls up and ur on street tires you will get smoked cause u will just be spinnin, unless u already have some on i didnt see wat tires u had on. But looks clean as hell man. Cant wait till i get my EG wit a k20 =)

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
IMHO u can hit 11's with DR's..

i'm going for similar times but ur so far ahead of me that it pisses me off :lol:
Yeah, in Honda Tuning, there was an EG with a K20 that hit 11s on BFG G-Force T/A Drag Raidals. Imagine with slicks. ;)

buff4lo

:K:
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
I took one off to see the difference, I never took the other one off.. I didnt even notice it..lol
i like it....the car is winking at you ;)

NycFox718

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsome build man..

s**t came out immaculate..and sexxxxy as hell.

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
Here is the video guys, nothing special. It is 2 1-3rd gear pulls. The first pull the car didnt hit VTEC.. the 2nd run was the good one.

Turn the volume up!!! BTW that is how it sounds with the Buddy Club Spec II...aka open header.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the exhaust makes your car sound like poopoo