K20 EK9 Build up, tons of pics!

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
Well, I laid down 235whp with cams, itbs and a header. Simple issues kept the power from going crazy, but I will be trying again soon. The car is super fast and pulls all the way to 9000rpm.

New pics:

THE CAR IS NOW FOR SALE! PLEASE CHECK OUT MY FOR SALE THREAD!!!

Vtec is O_O

2.5 down pipe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you ever settle a race with a Evo yet ? jw.
But yeah.. did you just build it to sell like Mr. Lin said?

PLmatt91

5+ Year Member
That's a really nice EK dude. Everything about the car, I just like it. All the stuff flows and it's flawless to my eye. You should keep this car just for memories and sell an employees car ;) You can get not $19k, but $20k for a nice '04 used BMW 3-Series.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k an 04 3series.
you can get an 02 M3 for 20k.

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
But for the same price, you can have a low 12 second show Civic.. ;) The way I look at it is this..

The car is faster, just as nice, just as reliable and cheaper than anything brand new in it's price range. For the price nothing is faster than this car. I walk modded SRT4's all day. I didnt build the car to sell it, I'm losing too much money to do that.

I'm simply moving on, I'm going back to school and I need something that I dont have to worry about. Someone scratching it, backing in to it, someone stealing it..ya know. I dont need that kind of s**t on my mind everyday, so I'm just going to let it go and get an S2000. Something simple, clean, comfortable.. My car is a racecar in a show car body...everything about it. You've got to let it warm up before it will idle right, it's stiff, the seats hold you in so you dont move, it's hot and extremely loud.. But on the other hand it's beautiful.

I roughly added up all the time I spent working on the car and if I were charging labor fees to build this car in labor alone would have cost $15000. Not to mention that I do this for a living. The car is right. It's like a master Ford Mechanic building a Mustang.. I do K swaps and this is my K swapped car, best of the best...

To anyone that thinks the price is too high, it very well may be. But you get what you pay for and I'd be an idiot to let this thing go any cheaper than that.

Thank you,

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow thats kick ass man. hope you get a good deal for it.

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
the car is not too expensive at all. its f awesome:shock:
If u were selling it in my country I would buy it and change the front lip.....thats everything I would do:D

jdmpassion

that civic.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow dude
i can honestly say i spent an hour on this topic last night
that is the cleanest civic ive ever seen
mad props on working hard and putting all that time into it
hope you find a dedicated owner for that

PLmatt91

5+ Year Member
Can you take more pictures of your car and send nice, high res shots to me? =) I gotta get a wallpaper of it, pleeaseee.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
f**k an 04 3series.
you can get an 02 M3 for 20k.
maybe a e36 m3 but haven't seen e46s in that price range yet.

Sorry for the thread jack

Whtat are you going to major in when you head back to college and what made you want to go back to school?

Anyways, awesome car.

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
Tiso said:
maybe a e36 m3 but haven't seen e46s in that price range yet.

Sorry for the thread jack

Whtat are you going to major in when you head back to college and what made you want to go back to school?

Anyways, awesome car.

I'll go back and major in business and/or management. I've been out of school for a while and I let cars get the best of me, and now I think it's time to get to the point. Cars are my life and sometimes they get the best of me, my life and sometimes it's not a good thing. I really dont want to sell the car, but I feel I need to in order to take the next step in my life and career. I plan on being with my shop for as long as it will allow me to, but I still feel that I need to go back to school to further my education.

I know some people dream about owning and driving a car like mine and for that I'm greatful. I am just like everyone else, trying to express themselves with cars and building something you can be proud of. I built the Civic of my dreams and now I thought it would be much more rewarding than it has been. I love the car to death, but it's like I have lost the spark, or the intrest in the car.

Maybe when you build a car, and you do everything you want to the car in 3 months..after that what is there? I love to build, improve and change my cars around..so when I get a car like this that is near perfection..I'm left with nothing to do, so I get bored.

Hopefully I wont have the same problem with my next car, I know it will take me a lot longer to build an S2000 than it did to do this EK. Considering just to buy the car out right would cost around $22,000. Something I'm still working on....