k20a3 swap

techlogic31

5+ Year Member
i just spent the last 20min reading all 11 pages for some reason. just a quick question for everyone. i have a 2005 em2 honda with the d17a1 and am gunna do the k20a2 swap in the next couple of months, i know everyones been recommending HMotorsonline but does there complete swap over kit mean im literally just gunna be able to unbolt some stuff and slap the new engine in?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
there's no kit, lol

there's a list for all the parts though. You need research, RESEARCH!!! civicfroums.com <---look there for info

You're defintely not going to slap the engine in there trust me.

techlogic31

5+ Year Member
i have been. and ive been hearing some mixed reviews about. some people say its minimal some not. but they do fit with some small modifications

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it's easy if u've swapped b series, and d series, maybe some h22 work, and if u have all the tools. not discourage u but if u plan to do this and seeing that u'r relatively new to the site. I'm just sayin if u wana start this procedure it's the best thing u can do for the em2 as far as highest hp potential, but most of u'r time is going to be spent saving money, searching for parts, and being patient

I'm going through the same thing, this my third year of saving, waiting.... learning (most important)

TEAM OCELOT

kp_archangel

5+ Year Member
i just spent the last 20min reading all 11 pages for some reason. just a quick question for everyone. i have a 2005 em2 honda with the d17a1 and am gunna do the k20a2 swap in the next couple of months, i know everyones been recommending HMotorsonline but does there complete swap over kit mean im literally just gunna be able to unbolt some stuff and slap the new engine in?

^^ I have the same engine and I have been thinking about doing this, but all guides have been way too technical for installing new mounts and converting to buying new tranmisions and headers... would be VERY VALUABLE if somone with some expertise in the area (snake s**t *cough* *cough*) to give some tips or put together a nice guid with resources... I would do it but I go to highschool and colege and I am working... Very hard to find the time to do anything but school and work.

2fast

Internationally known
5+ Year Member
Hondata K-Pro (installed on PRB ECU) $945

Header (R-crew/DC/SSR) $350 - $850

RSX Type-S Oxygen Sensor (Primary) $250 new, $150 used

HASport L1 Axles $325

Engine Mounts(Hybrid/Avid/Hasport) $450 - $570

Harness Conversion (Hybrid Racing) $350

Clutch Line(SuJa1) $48

----------

RADIATOR/COOLING

-----------

Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator $150 - $185

Mishimoto Fan $65 - $70

Hasport Billet Hose Adapter $40

Honda Fan Switch $35

Honda Thermo Switch $35

RSX Type-S Top Radiator Hose $15

Honda Civic 99-00 SI Bottom Radiator Hose - $20

----------

SHIFTER PARTS

-----------

Karcepts Shifter mounting kit $155

Shift Parts to Connect Cables (OEM Honda) $15

----------

FUEL SYSTEM PARTS

------------

Golden Eagle or BDL Fuel Rail $125 - $150

Hybrid Racing Fuel Line Kit $250

Aeromotive A1000-6 Fuel Pressure Regulator $160

Walbro 190/255lph Fuel Pump $90 - $110

Marshall Fuel Gauge $30

-------------

If running no P/S

----------

EP3 Idler pulley/bracket $125

K20 = 50.5" Serpentine Belt $20

----------

Upgrades

----------

Honda RBC Intake Manifold $225

Karcepts Throttle Body Adapter $65

this is pretty much what you'll need

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NICE POST, U WANT UR FIST K SWAP INFO THERE IT IS

here's my link, K20a.org no disrespect to clubcivic.com but they know k series, ive been a member for about a year, mostly all i do is read

ALL MOTOR EM2

Nlsk
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1st off since the 01-5 civic uses the same Fuel returnless system you DONT NEED

FUEL SYSTEM PARTS

------------

Golden Eagle or BDL Fuel Rail $125 - $150

Hybrid Racing Fuel Line Kit $250

Aeromotive A1000-6 Fuel Pressure Regulator $160

Walbro 190/255lph Fuel Pump $90 - $110

Marshall Fuel Gauge $30

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah, if u buy a complete swap, by far the smartest way to start a swap

kp_archangel

5+ Year Member

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
trust me 2fast's guild isn't enough info, go to k20a.org, and look at the non movable threads

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a 350z, integra gsr, and my em2, the 350z is still stock just bought it and its sitting at my sisters house, the integra is getting painted phoenix yellow , and my em2 is gunna be a DD project car