K24 frank eg project

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fventura03 said:
yeah that's a dent, my hood prop slipped causing it and the weight of the hood to slam against the fender. i'll fix it eventually

i finished my paint, assembled my interior and exterior, i'm waiting for parts, i'm not going to work on it for a couple of weeks - i've worked about 30hrs in the past week on getting it to where it is now - i need a break. i'll update this thread once i get some more parts in and installed - i'll also be finishing the engine bay. :thumbup:

night night:
Damn. Thats probably the best Rust-o style paint job I've seen. A buddy of mine does all his cars that way and they usually look like crap.:???:

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well its not a 50 dollar paint job anymore..lol it is however a 1/4 ish the price of a complete paint color change with just some hard work and time and rollers lol

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those are nice seats!! fo sho!!

Damn I so want a K20a-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll do it in about 2 to 3 years.

I could of put one in instead of my B18c but I don't know what I was thinking at the time.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ditto on the 2 to 3 year plan, u live and u learn kangaroo

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
complete props to u i wish i had the time to do tht, or a garage :( and another car to drive during th process. looks awesome

TheREGULATOR

JRSC Type aRRRRRR
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have the chance to put a K series in, NEVER pass that up. The Aftermarket may heavily support the B Series, but the K Series just rips it up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ITR in my Hatchie, unfortunately I never had that choice 4 years ago. Plus, Smogging a K Series in an EG with CA's laws would be a pain in the ass.... more than it already is with the B Series.

Anybody needs help with the CA Smog laws, do's and don'ts, let me know. I've been through all that crap.

Back onto subject, car is looking great. Is that an F1 Spec Bucket in there?

=[REG]= Type aRRR

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
took it out yesterday to work on the EM2 and snapped some pics (can kinda see the "OEM" type finish):

woke up this morning to see:

pic of the em2 getting extended studs installed:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looking good. new rims on the EM2?

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, new wheels on em2 for a bit. getting a new set of wheels this summer.

probably going to be lacking updates from now on, i'm going to be getting my em2 ready for this huge meet in TN in july - i am trying to get it looking somewhat nicer.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1873955

but wheels from japan for the EH2 should be in soon =).

Nine78Guy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i've said this already but "THIS CAR IS GONNA BE A BEAST WHEN ITS DONE."

Nine78Guy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fventura03 said:
yeah, new wheels on em2 for a bit. getting a new set of wheels this summer.

probably going to be lacking updates from now on, i'm going to be getting my em2 ready for this huge meet in TN in july - i am trying to get it looking somewhat nicer.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1873955

but wheels from japan for the EH2 should be in soon =).
btw, i might be going to this...i'm on the list already, but i'm hopeing to finish up some suspension work and swap before i go. hope to see you there.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice man, Now I really wanta get a project car. How much you end up spending on the body?

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nine78Guy - I'll be in my EM2 - hope to see you too. very clean coupe you have

RHennin - by body do you mean the shell? $500, it had 200k miles on it, and had 2 prev owners with no huge accidents, just found some damage on the drivers side quarter panel which was small. had no rust, and was in great condition overall. i got a really good deal - it's hard to find a good overall shell for a good price.