Keyless Entry

Monis98

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I actually found it. I love my keyless. I appreciate the pics and all the info. I also found out that the top part is a oem alarm. It is not the best but it is one.

Vali_lj

5+ Year Member
hy . this is my first post here , so here goes ... I have a 97 civic ek4 b16a2 engine from europe ... I lost my keyless entry remote ( i only had one ) and i want to buy one , i found some remotes on ebay but im not sure that the ek4 keyless entry remote will match the remote from 99-00 civic si from the us .... any ideas?

sle418

5+ Year Member
i am having the same problem. new to this forum came from a ej1 forum. in the progress of looking for a oem raido with keyless entry. -_-

cvic98lx

5+ Year Member
is the little black antenna the one that's right above the green and white harness connectors?

What needs to be done to get the keyless entry working on my car after i get a hold of the radio + remotes? Would i only need to follow these steps for it to work?

Just in case your keyless remote isnt working yet, it maybe because fuse #15(security) slot under dash is empty. You need to put in a 7.5A fuse for your radio to enter the programming mode..

Still cant figure out the alarm system though, maybe theres an alarm module missing on top of the radio, which is probably the reason why theres an extra green connector taped to the radio wiring.

gieser98

5+ Year Member
just unscrew the little box for power enty and throw it in the dash bhind your new radio. i did and it works fine.

Extremdealins

when i try to program my remote by holding the valet button, my locks never cycle - like its not entering program mode- any suggestions? thanks

cvic98lx

5+ Year Member
when i try to program my remote by holding the valet button, my locks never cycle - like its not entering program mode- any suggestions? thanks
Look for the fuse slot labeled " security" under the dash if empty. i think its 7.5A, your valet button should work if u put a fuse on it.

cizan316

Thought Id post in here instead of opening a new thread.

I have a 97 civic hx with power door locks and wanted to go keyless entry. Will this key will work right?

Even though I have a stock radio it doesnt have a plug for the green plug, which I understand is for keyless entry and alarm.

RonJ

Banned
First and Foremost the only remotes that will work with the 96-00 Civics are the ones made for those years. i was recently having trouble getting my remote to work with my 99 civic radio only to ffind out the remote i had was for a 2001-2004 civic so i couldnt reprogram it. found the proper remote and everything works just fine now.

if you dont want the OEM remote then get and aftermarket alarm that will do the same thing and be done with it already.
FYI: The keyless remote for a 99 Civic communicates with a control unit located behind the driver's kick panel not inside the radio.

RonJ

Banned
ive already been through all of this with the dealership and countless websites, the radio is the reciever in the 99-00 civic...there is NOTHING under my kickpanel but my hood pop and some wires.
You are incorrect.

What trim (CX, DX, EX, HX, Si) do you have? Someone may have modified your Civic. 96-98 Civics have the keyless receiver built inside the stock radio, whereas 99-00 Civics have the receiver/control unit behind the driver's kick panel and separate from the radio. The diagram below is taken from the 96-00 Civic service manual. Note the different locations of the keyless receiver in 96-98 versus 99-00 Civics:

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
UM NO. ive already been through all of this with the dealership and countless websites, the radio is the reciever in the 99-00 civic. maybe on the 96-98 but definately not on the 99-00. there is NOTHING under my kickpanel but my hood pop and some wires.
Yeah, RonJ is correct 100%.

You didn't really have to pull a page from the service manual, everyone here would've backed you up. But I guess that's the best proof.

Unless maybe you're not located in the US; other countries might be different...

RonJ

Banned
I have never heard of a 99-00 Civic with the keyless receiver in the radio. And the diagram was taken from the 96-00 Civic service manual that covers all U.S. and Canada models. You can download it at the link in my signature.

I'm thinking either that you actually have a 96-98 Civic or someone modified a 99 Civic by swapping in a 96-98 keyless system. Look at the VIN on the driver's door frame and enter it into the Majestic Honda site. What year/trim does it say you have?

cizan316

Thanks for the reply guys. The honda dealer I went to said they didnt even cary the middle radio in the picture below, which is the one id need to make the keyless entry work and plus I this majestic honda is listing it for 400+ dollars lol

RonJ

Banned
Thanks for the reply guys. The honda dealer I went to said they didnt even cary the middle radio in the picture below, which is the one id need to make the keyless entry work and plus I this majestic honda is listing it for 400+ dollars lol
Go to your local junkyards to look for 96-98 Civic EX and LX models. All EX models and most if not all LX models should have a stock radio with the keyless plug in the back.

Z3R)

5+ Year Member
to the ass hat thats deleteing posts and not giveing notice as to why you can go f**k yourself.

ive posted information about the subject and your deleteing of my posts makes it seem like your trying to say im wrong and RonJ is right. if you have a problem with what i say be a man and bring it up to me instead of being a pussy and deleteing posts.

my OEM keyless entry will not work without the stock radio installed and my car is a 99-00 civic Ex confirmed by Honda of America as being all original for that year. i know many others with the same years that the keyless will not work with out the stock radio.

if you have a problem with any of that information please be sure to pm me and we can talk about it. deleting posts cause you dont like what im saying is childish. this is supposed to be a board to help people and if they dont get the correct information then how the hell are they going to know what they need to know. what information you think is correct may not be the information asked for.

As i said before the receiver might be in the kick panel but keyless will not work without the stock radio and if anyone can prove me wrong ill retract my statements. thats a fair stand point to end it all.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
subscribed

Z3R) DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD OR YOU WILL BE BANNED!

I am the one deleting your post and that doesn't mean to make your post over again insulting members/staff. You are arguing and f**king this thread up. I pm'd you about it already so I have no idea why you are posting bullshit. Your posts are being reported.

thread cleaned!

*edit*

nm..... I seen you posted that in all your posts so BANNED! :x

Last edited:

cizan316

Go to your local junkyards to look for 96-98 Civic EX and LX models. All EX models and most if not all LX models should have a stock radio with the keyless plug in the back.
Id definitely would like to find that model civic at a junkyard, but the ones iv seen don't seem that welcoming and im sure the language barrier cant help lol. Ill be sure to look around tomorrow, thanks.

Also looking at some commando keyless entry systems for cheap, If anyone has a good tutorial of an install of one of these, it would be greatly appreciated.