Korbach Frame Locks

Mortasaurus

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well sorry you can't try them and no, no scripted response here. Sorry I didnt look at your car description to see that you didnt have a 6th gen. But yeah, you can believe what you want. I am just putting my opinion out there so if anyone else is thinking about getting them and wondering what other people think of them then they have one more review out there to read. But being as you haven't seen one negative review on them don't you find it hard to believe that they actually don't work? But what do I know, I am just the one who actually has them on my car, right?

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
why is it that every review of these things sounds so incredibly scripted? and btw, they dont make any for my car, so even if i wanted to buy them or try them, i cant. or is that just the copied and pasted response your supposed to give?

everyone who has "tested" these things cant say enough about how well they work. and not a single one can say why they work, or has any concrete numbers of any sort to back them up. until i am proven wrong, i stand my ground.
Every review might seem so incredibly scripted because the product works and the reviewes are telling the truth. I had been wondering that exact same thing before I received mine, installed them, and tested them.

And I do not have a copy and paste response, especially seeing as how this was the first thread I have responded to anyone about the frame locks in, except for a thread on my own website, where that article is posted. I can tell you that I have several people on my own website, which is kept alive by member donations, that drive civics. If I were to post a false review on my site, and those members were to go out and buy this product based on my review, and then saw that my review was nothing but hype...my site would die. However, I can assure you that will not be the case because I posted honest results as I experienced them.

As far as numbers I personally am simply not equiped to provide any...all I can provide are my own perceptions of the changes the product made to my car. I am in the same boat on the how and why. I know that I experienced everything in my review, but I cannot tell you the physics behind the experiences...if I tried to, I would be lying.

You are definately entitled to stand your ground. You are a numbers guy that needs real world, consistant data...and up to this point nobody had provided it to you. Because of that, you, rightfully, feel you have no reason to believe anything the people with first hand experience are telling you. I can understand, and even respect that...but still stand my ground as well.

Ace$nyper

handlebarsfsr said:
why is it that every review of these things sounds so incredibly scripted? and btw, they dont make any for my car, so even if i wanted to buy them or try them, i cant. or is that just the copied and pasted response your supposed to give?

everyone who has "tested" these things cant say enough about how well they work. and not a single one can say why they work, or has any concrete numbers of any sort to back them up. until i am proven wrong, i stand my ground.
i looked at the supports your right *duh you right lol*
I agree with you
I'd also like to see anyone who does the rigors of AutoX and track racing give them a try.

handlebarsfsr said:

exactly......how is work

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just 'cause they feel good on the streets don't mean they do you any good on an actual course.

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OIC. Just wording my opinion. But hey, if the product does make racers faster around the tracks, I'll be ready try them out.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wasnt seanjohn the one who stickied a thread about this? and didn't he try it out too? i dont know if that matters.... if i had the money, i'd try it out, since they'd refund it all back if i didn't like it. and if my car was lowered...

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:

Sorry for the late response. Below is why the Frame Locks work. We understand your skeptism. But consider the following facts: 1) we made the front cover of Honda Tuning magazine "Best handling upgrade you don't know about" See Link below 2) Founders and co founders of Clubsi, Club Civic, Speed Society have evaluated our Frame Locks and have published strong reviews 3) Moderators, racers and members of the above clubs have done the same 4) There has not been one bad review from someone who has actually driven our product 5) We offer a totally risk free purchase. Try it and if for any reason if you don't want it, return it for all your money back. We have not had one single return. I think the above is very logical and builds a very strong case that we have a great product. Try it out and see. Check out our web site on http://www.korbachperformance.com.

HERE'S THE EXPLANATION:
Frame Locks quickens the steering response by increasing the lateral (side) stiffness of the front frame. Visualize a car going into a sharp turn. As this occurs, the road surface exerts a lateral load to your front tires at the tire patch. In an extreme turn your tires will want to scrub out to the side. The lateral load of the tires will translate a lateral load to the suspension which in turns translates a lateral load to the front frame. The front frame of the car will flex and the time it takes to flex will result in a lagged response of the steering. Although the time it takes to flex may not seem to be significant. In actuality it is. For example at 40 mph, a vehicle is traveling at 58 feet/second. The simple calculations are as follows: [40 miles/hr x 5280 ft/mile] / [60 minutes/hour x 60 seconds/minute]) = 58 ft/sec. If stiffening the front frame results in a reduction of flex time of even 1/10th of a second, that translates to 5.8 ft of vehicle travel which is significant.

The Civic is great car and the rigidity of its chassis is above par for it’s price class. However, it was not designed by the OEM to be a high performance car. That’s why there is a huge after market industry to cater to driving enthusiasts wanting more out of their Civics.

The front lateral stiffness of the Civic has a lot of opportunity for improvement. It is by far the “weakest link in the chain” for chassis design. The current architecture relies on the lower radiator support to transfer the lateral load from the left front rail to the right front rail. Since the lower radiator support is at a lower elevation than the front rails, the load path takes a zig zag and that is a very inefficient structural design for high performance expectations. A close look at the lower radiator support will also indicate that the fore aft section thickness is quite narrow. Because of this, it does not yield that much stiffness when loaded laterally for the rails. Ideally the way to efficiently transfer the lateral load of the right rail to the left rail is to do this on the same plane. It just so happens that the bumper beam is at the same plane. Unfortunately, the attachment stiffness to the frame rails is very weak. This is designed in this manner to reduce cost and ease the assembly to assure fit and finish. High performance cars have stiffer attachments in this area.

Basically, the Frame Locks unifies the entire front chassis by effectively tying the front rails together. Professional race cars also have stiff chassis and they do so for this very reason. It’s not always about the suspension. A high performance car also needs a stiff chassis to make the suspension work effectively.

HERE'S SOME OTHER LINKS
> Korbach Performance’s Frame Locks makes the front cover of the September issue of Honda Tuning magazine. Cover: “Best handling upgrade you don’t know about”. Link is:

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0409ht_honda/

> Product reviews from the co founder, moderators, racers and members of a popular car enthusiast web site known as Clubsi.com

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB45&Number=4430420&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

> Product review from the founder and web master of a car enthusiast web site known as Speed-society.com

http://www.speed-society.com/forum/phpBB2/features/items/korbach_framelocks/

Thanks for your interest! Stay tuned.

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
very simple, pull off your bumper, and look at the bumper support.
your front end and a 6th gen front end are COMPLETELY different when it comes to putting htis product on...

yes they all sound the same (testomonials) but maybe because they all have the same result??

placebo or not (whatever with that bullshit phrase) this is a great product that i stand by and so do many others that i know that have it on their 6th gens

handlebarsfsr said:
why is no race car anywhere using this product?
that would be because this product just barely came out. Honda doesn't care to design this type of a product on a "low budget" car (the civic)

handlebarsfsr said:
has any concrete numbers of any sort to back them up.
thats like sayin.. where are you concrete numbers for installing your front and rear upper strut bar

sorry mike, but all your negativity towards a product you never tried, i give you two :thumbdown

Last edited:

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
your front end and a 6th gen front end are COMPLETELY different when it comes to putting htis product on...

yes they all sound the same (testomonials) but maybe because they all have the same result??

placebo or not (whatever with that bullshit phrase) this is a great product that i stand by and so do many others that i know that have it on their 6th gens

that would be because this product just barely came out. Honda doesn't care to design this type of a product on a "low budget" car (the civic)

thats like sayin.. where are you concrete numbers for installing your front and rear upper strut bar

sorry mike, but all your negativity towards a product you never tried, i give you two :thumbdown

ive never owned a yugo, that doesnt mean i cant say its a bad car. 1. the front ends arent that different. and even if they are, they are now making frame locks for the 5th gens as well as others. my spot weld comment stands.

2. product reviews of any product always vary. no matter what. from intakes, exhausts, to turbos, etc, people have differing opinions on them. i have not read one review of these from a "tester" that doesnt say anything different from the other. they also all are perfectly punctuated and grammar- something neither you, nor i, nor almost anyone else on the net does regularly. looking at your last 50 posts (including this one) you didnt use correct grammar, spelling, or punctuation. yet your review is perfect. and so is absolutely every other one. hmmm...

3. with all the beta testers that these were given to, along with the magazines, not a single person who races anything, from scca autocross to a more specialized type of racing, has these. nor did the magazine, which instrument tests almost all of the products it reviews, have anything to say but subjective reviews. they skidpad, slalom, and even track test nearly every other product they review.. except for these. you would think if they made so much of a difference, they would try to get racers to use and review these. instead they choose people who have no hpde or racing experience.

4. i never claimed my strut bars made a world of difference- quite the contrary, i know they dont make very much difference. however the company, and the "reviewers" make these sound like the holy grail of suspension tuning, and if your going to claim that, you damn well better have something more than "they feel good" to back it up with.

my negativity is based on my own knoweldge of these cars and what goes into making them fast. your positive reviews are based on your own biased opinion and some company propaganda- and nothing else. go look at any scca it civic. it has strut bars. it doesnt have frame locks. it has anti sway bars. no frame locks. it has poly bushings.. and still no frame locks. why? because those products are proven to work. if and when someone can prove to me these work, by getting some real numbers, and some reviews by some people who actually know what the hell they are talking about, ill change my tune. until then, i stand by everything ive said.

handlebarsfsr said:
ive never owned a yugo, that doesnt mean i cant say its a bad car. 1. the front ends arent that different. and even if they are, they are now making frame locks for the 5th gens as well as others. my spot weld comment stands.

2. product reviews of any product always vary. no matter what. from intakes, exhausts, to turbos, etc, people have differing opinions on them. i have not read one review of these from a "tester" that doesnt say anything different from the other. they also all are perfectly punctuated and grammar- something neither you, nor i, nor almost anyone else on the net does regularly. looking at your last 50 posts (including this one) you didnt use correct grammar, spelling, or punctuation. yet your review is perfect. and so is absolutely every other one. hmmm...

3. with all the beta testers that these were given to, along with the magazines, not a single person who races anything, from scca autocross to a more specialized type of racing, has these. nor did the magazine, which instrument tests almost all of the products it reviews, have anything to say but subjective reviews. they skidpad, slalom, and even track test nearly every other product they review.. except for these. you would think if they made so much of a difference, they would try to get racers to use and review these. instead they choose people who have no hpde or racing experience.

4. i never claimed my strut bars made a world of difference- quite the contrary, i know they dont make very much difference. however the company, and the "reviewers" make these sound like the holy grail of suspension tuning, and if your going to claim that, you damn well better have something more than "they feel good" to back it up with.

my negativity is based on my own knoweldge of these cars and what goes into making them fast. your positive reviews are based on your own biased opinion and some company propaganda- and nothing else. go look at any scca it civic. it has strut bars. it doesnt have frame locks. it has anti sway bars. no frame locks. it has poly bushings.. and still no frame locks. why? because those products are proven to work. if and when someone can prove to me these work, by getting some real numbers, and some reviews by some people who actually know what the hell they are talking about, ill change my tune. until then, i stand by everything ive said.

word.......why didnt they send a set to the boys over at GRM?