launch control

ben h

i want to setup launch control in my 92 civic hatch
there is a b18c1 with a b16 lsd tranny the few digs i have done with it makes me really want launch control the launch control i was looking at has adjustable dials on it

this is the 2 things i think u need for it
http://www.msdignition.com/Products/New_Products/8732_-_2-Step_Rev_Control_for_Digital_6AL.aspx
http://www.msdignition.com/Products/New_Products/6425-Digital-6AL-Ignition-Control.aspx

was wondering if its worth it or if there is any other cheaper setup like that so u can change it instantly
i like to do digs and depending on the road id like to be able to change it instantly

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
get a chipped ecu from xenocron or phearable with launch control and learn to drive

ben h

but with that u cant just change it from 2.5k to 4k if u want to iv already thought of doing that

and i kno how to drive

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
who launches at 2.5k?

why would you change it depending on the road?

ben h

who launches at 2.5k?

why would you change it depending on the road?
cuz on cold/wet tar launching higher then that just results in way to much spin and costs time

and newer roads u hook better then older roads so a newer road i could launch higher

jw but do u street race allot?

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^this. you will get the "CC street racer beat down" its not pretty...

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What you need is a good solid calibrated foot. I have only found launch control useful in bracket racing where you need to be consistent in times more than anything. If you must have launch control I would do it at the ECU and not really with an add on box(personal opinion).

Also I dont condone street racing, but if you are going to do it, dont be stupid and race when wet. thats just asking to die.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stop being an idiot and stop street racing.
problem fixed.

ben h

I wouldn't mention that you street race, not a smart idea

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.877312,-99.509389
so this place is just like club integra

^^this. you will get the "CC street racer beat down" its not pretty...
yea they tryed giving me that on club integra

What you need is a good solid calibrated foot. I have only found launch control useful in bracket racing where you need to be consistent in times more than anything. If you must have launch control I would do it at the ECU and not really with an add on box(personal opinion).

Also I dont condone street racing, but if you are going to do it, dont be stupid and race when wet. thats just asking to die.
i can but latly i have been having people drop arms so i cant really watch my tach

stop being an idiot and stop street racing.
problem fixed.
ill pass
our track is only open once every 2 weeks in the summer so there is no time to race at the track

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can but latly i have been having people drop arms so i cant really watch my tach
then dont. Learn the sounds of your engine.

1. Look at the tach, get the engine up to the speed you want
2. look up at flag man
3. listen for the sound of your engine to change and use your foot to adjust.

Its not easy, it takes some practice, but it works.

ben h

then dont. Learn the sounds of your engine.

1. Look at the tach, get the engine up to the speed you want
2. look up at flag man
3. listen for the sound of your engine to change and use your foot to adjust.

Its not easy, it takes some practice, but it works.
ya im still use to my teg it was allot louder then this car that one i could do perfectly but this car i just wanna keep creeping up

alex_n/a

stocker
can't argue with an iphone app to get good results. And btw when people tell you to not street race it's because they are worried you could injure or kill innocent people. Cause you know public streets are for the public to use. The public being someone's children and or brother and sister. I know what I tell you doesn't matter to you because you don't take "safety advice" from someone who has lost friends and family to the idiot "racer" on the public streets. I know how you think. "i am a good driver" "i know what I'm doing" "stupid cops cramping my style" "i won't hurt anyone" once it happens to you that you kill someone there is no turning back. Back to where I started people don't generally care about what happens to you, they care about the people and families you are putting in danger.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your not racing for money then you shouldn't be spending money to race. If you need to watch your tach to hold the revs then your peripheral vision should be able to see his arms drop.

ben h

can't argue with an iphone app to get good results. And btw when people tell you to not street race it's because they are worried you could injure or kill innocent people. Cause you know public streets are for the public to use. The public being someone's children and or brother and sister. I know what I tell you doesn't matter to you because you don't take "safety advice" from someone who has lost friends and family to the idiot "racer" on the public streets. I know how you think. "i am a good driver" "i know what I'm doing" "stupid cops cramping my style" "i won't hurt anyone" once it happens to you that you kill someone there is no turning back. Back to where I started people don't generally care about what happens to you, they care about the people and families you are putting in danger.
i kno i usualy dont race on buisy roads most of my races have been way out in the country and we have spotters a mile infront and behind us checking for traffic and we do it on nice flat roads and do it inbetween peoples driveways so that there is no chance of some 1 pulling out onto the road
and i kno the cops are just doing there job

ben h

Launch control? Just set your cruise control to 70mph and hit "resume cruise".
i dont have cruise o.0

If your not racing for money then you shouldn't be spending money to race. If you need to watch your tach to hold the revs then your peripheral vision should be able to see his arms drop.
meh up here most people wont race money cuz 90% of my town has stock cars and think there fast so they wont
shh i want launch control idk why i think it would be fun to have