limp mode???

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
43 is fuel supply system. I would look into the fuel filter then the pump if the filter change does nothing.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ye ajust bought the filter.. so imma check it out..... croxx fingers.... hope it works..

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If that doesnt work, hook up a fuel pressure guage and see what its reading.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
change dthe fuel filter.... still same thing

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its most likely something with the pump. or maybe the fuel pump pickup filter is clogged.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used electrical cleaner yesterday on my o2 sensor now it has a cel flashing code 1.... could the o2 have also gotten screwed up from that?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alot of things could have screwed up your 02 sensor. This may have been one of your problems to begin with too. Is it still throwin 43? Try spraying carb cleaner on your 02 sensor, I doubt it will hurt it any more. It may clean it and make it work again?

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no 43 for now... only code 1... still gonna change fuel pump... its really hard to start the car... gonna take the o2 out aagain tonight... and also cheezeonmakneez, thnx for sticking with me on this... i appreciate it man

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problem at all. I know I hate it when I have a prob I cant figure out and people throw there two cents in and they're gone forever. Thats weird that theres no 43 now. Did you wait long enough to see if anymore codes came up?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also I'm not sure if you know this or not, I have heard that you should reset the ecu anytime you change something. Cleaning the 02 sensor and just putting it back in the mani may cause it to throw code 1. I would disconnect your neg battery cable for a minute then search for codes after the vehicle is up to operating temp.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its been almost 24 hours since code was gone... i re did the filter then reset ecu and its gone... but Lmp mode still here... its soo hard driving in limp mode...

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cheezeonmakneez said:
so if im not mistaking you only have code 1 now?
yes it cel light don'tcome on when i first start the car but after driving for a while... it comes on and goes off when u turn it off...

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting, I really dont know what to say. I would change the 02 sensor if you are getting #1 cel. If that doesnt improve then I'm stumped

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im dumbfounded as well. i reburned my chip bc of the rpm limitation, but im still getting a CEL. i dont have the grey jumper off the ecu, its blue, and the SRS light comes and flashes once instead of the CEL.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
--<EM1>-- said:
im dumbfounded as well. i reburned my chip bc of the rpm limitation, but im still getting a CEL. i dont have the grey jumper off the ecu, its blue, and the SRS light comes and flashes once instead of the CEL.
u mean checking the code? grey jumper? cuz on my car its blue too wit two wires tho not the three wired one... on this site it says its grey and all but its really blue for fifth gen that i kno of.... if u goto h- t theres couple threads, the newest one shows blue instead of grey.... (thats if u mean by checking for CEL)

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i changed the fuel pump.... imma change the timing belts and all the other belts cuz i got another crank pulley (mine kinda wiggles a bit) and waiting for it to come.... prolly cahnge the O2 sensor too... CEL for that so changing that...
another thing... i htink i might have low oil pressure when idle... My guage says about 8-10 PSI.... idin't instal the guage so i dunno if its accurate...
NOW sometimes it drives to 5K and sometimes it drives to 3K.... mostly 3K but its improving... lol still pulls weaker than before but i guess i figure i update you guys for now...

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just pulled code43 again and code 1... i ordered new o2 sensor for code 1... i changed the fuel pump, and filter and threw in seafoam in the gas tank but i'm thinknig its injecters now.... i can pull over 3.5K but it really hesitates and have unsteady idle... i even changed the IACV which i know works fine butsame thing... prolly do timing this week and i'll see wats up... if anyone has any input... plz let me kno..

coops92hatch

u kept up....until 5k rpm
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had this same problem once, find a set of injectors you know work and when changing them clean out ur fuel rail thoroughly but careful not to scratch anything, check all of your fuel lines even the ones under ur car to make sure none of them are pinched. thats really all i can think of with the fuel system that normally goes wrong. u said ur goin to change ur cp, and all ur belts cus it wobbles a bit, that could also cause a knock causing a misfire, im not sure but i think u said it was a z6 and they dont have knock sensors so it could throw a fuel system code if a misfire occurs.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coops92hatch said:
i had this same problem once, find a set of injectors you know work and when changing them clean out ur fuel rail thoroughly but careful not to scratch anything, check all of your fuel lines even the ones under ur car to make sure none of them are pinched. thats really all i can think of with the fuel system that normally goes wrong. u said ur goin to change ur cp, and all ur belts cus it wobbles a bit, that could also cause a knock causing a misfire, im not sure but i think u said it was a z6 and they dont have knock sensors so it could throw a fuel system code if a misfire occurs.
koo i'll look into that... imma try to do everything tomorro and see... my o2 sensor didn't come in yet...