location of the ICM

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
i was just wondering if you guys could tell me where the ignition control module was on my b20b, im not sure if its in the dizzy or located somewhere else in the bay. my car runs like s**t when its hot outside, but it runs great when its cool, so i think it may be burning up, or im getting vapor lock, thanks for the help

RonJ

Banned
The ICM is inside the distributor, but sounds like your problem is a bad main relay. Are you having a spark, fuel, or both problem?

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
The ICM is inside the distributor, but sounds like your problem is a bad main relay. Are you having a spark, fuel, or both problem?
could be the main relay, never thought of that, but i had a spark problem a couple months ago so i put a new ignition coil in it, and i thought it did the trick until now maybe. as far as having a fuel problem, i dont know, it idles fine, but when you drive it in hot weather it drives like crap, i had a truck that did the same thing, and it was the icm, thats what made me go in that direction.where is the main relay, maybe i will just replace both.