Long road, and it ends in the 9's!!

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha yeah, just the love for hondas keeps me in this game. I love watching this build. :thumbs up

LewisEK

5+ Year Member
Yeah man this is absolutely amazing! Car is so nice and your job sounds hectic but good for $$$ and your wife...WOW!

delbert

5+ Year Member
damn very nice. s**t the other day my gsr got stolen =/ but i found it down the block cuz they couldn't start it =) so its all good i guess

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn very nice. s**t the other day my gsr got stolen =/ but i found it down the block cuz they couldn't start it =) so its all good i guess
damnnn. good s**t!!

LUCKY!!.. consider that a sign .. lock it up tighttttt!!

i got a lil cheap tip for you that may help your car from getting stolen. ( it would have to be towed).. i'll PM you.. ANYONE ELSE INTRESTED CAN ALSO PM ME .. i just don't want to post out in Public for the crooks to catch on!!

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to clubcivic and glad to hear that your ride was recovered and running again.

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
holy s**t!!! i have those same seats!
yea, i had to take one of the Grey Integra seats out and swap it with a Stock EK seat because the Teg seat didn't bolt up all 4 bolt holes.. (it only bolted up at 3 points)... and the Tech guy shook my seat the last time out at the track and gave me the "get the right seat, or weld this one to the floor" look, lol

so right now i have No back seats, and i have one stock 96 Civic seat (it's soo highhh, my head hits the roof with my helmet on).. and i have a passanger Teg seat (for the wife, she likes to take rides in Rice Rocket)

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it better be a track car if you plan on running 9 seconds

what are you doing about a cage?

well i mentioned to you that i got a quote for the cage, chute, and window net for $2600!! i was going to have MB racing do it for me , They are good people, and have helped my out a lott with this build!!

BUT!!!!

last week while at the shop playing drinking games and a Bottle of Brandy later .. My friend Tom turns to me and says " u know i can do that cage for you!"... i looked at him and said "ORly!!"

i completly forgot he wleds....i will almost cut the cost of the cage , chute and net in 1/2 !!

some of u might think i'm letting some random person weld my cage but he is working on a project of his own 82 RX2 tube chassis RaceCar!! So i am in goooood hands!!
Don't mind the mess of parts covering it,, This is why i forgot he could do cages,, Because he bearly works on this baby!!

Holy Mother of a RearEnd

So this should be fun, stay tuned,, Materials will be Ordered in a month or 2

HELP!!!!!!
IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR A NHRA 10 POINT CAGE FOR A HONDA , LET ME KNOW .
*Window net position
*X beams
*gussets
and other needed specs
THANKS in advance!

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
By doing the cage inhouse, i would have enough $$ to get the cage in the car THIS YEAR !!(and not in Spring as planned)

And not have to drive the car 1/2 throttle or on the brakes to not get the boot off the track!!

Because as it sits now, i'd get in trouble and kicked off, if i go over 135MPH or a ET of 11.49 of faster!!

FeNoM

5+ Year Member
Hey man, saw some NY plates in there and you were blocking the highway. LOL, what freeway was that?

Sick whip, nice build, I signed up on this site just to comment on your sick fking build. (and I also <3 Civic's)

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
build looks good.

as for your seats, swap the inner rails from the EK seat and Integra seat and the integra seat will bolt up to all 4 bolts, thats what I did with mine =)

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey man, saw some NY plates in there and you were blocking the highway. LOL, what freeway was that?

Sick whip, nice build, I signed up on this site just to comment on your sick fking build. (and I also <3 Civic's)
lol, thanks , First off welcome!! :welcome:

And i can't give the location or name of that strip..It been used for yearssss for $ runs (over 15 years maybe more. And it's has rubber down like a NHRA track. lol. I Kid u not). And for the most part it's been low-key and i kinda want it to stay that way.

But yea it's just not worth it for me to race out there anymore, but i won't mess it up for thoes that do. There was a race the other night with two 800whp+ cars and the pot was over $20k.

I used to make more than i earn in a week in a single night out there, And i think that is the reason some people still take the risk.

PS: i don't know how Admin or MODs on this site feel about streetracing, but i have access to tons of race footage, and i'll post in the Street/Track section if it will be allowed. (u would have to sign up for another forum to view, for obvious anti-police reasons. but :what:)
but this is a Oldie but goodie!! This was back in the 90's and i believe the run was for $40k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFtK5Nvq8vs

My build started out as a $$ car build,, then i went legit. ( A family and a daughter will change you)<~~ and thats a gooood thing!

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
build looks good.

as for your seats, swap the inner rails from the EK seat and Integra seat and the integra seat will bolt up to all 4 bolts, thats what I did with mine =)
Orly!! Thanks. I will look into that.

But for now i don't really care. The Interior will be the next thing i'll start on . i have some RSX Base model cloth seats that i got off a friend when he upgraded to Brides. So i'll be trying to get thoes to fit in the mean time till i can get Real seats lol ( hopefully i can do the same as what u said about changeing the rails:?:) If not weld weld weld. lol.

I'm thinking of spraying or swede wrapping the dash and pannels black and black carpet, i'll see what exterior color i will choose. Then i'll match the interior. (but i have few to choose from without getting too rice ,, lol... so right now it's pretty much black pannels or keep the stock grey . And either black or red carpet and accents like door pannels/armrest/headliner)

Maybe you guys can help?
i'm stuck between

Eggshell

Satin Black.. but it kinda looks like a Rattle can FlatBlack to the untrained eye

i have been flirting with Teal Green :what:

Maybe Madori

and last but not Least, keep it VSM Silver because Blazed wants to be Twins

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the Eggshell color on the eg hatch the most. Just not so common. Please don't do satin, because like you said it just looks like flat rattle can to the untrained eye. I like how you wrote the name of the color in that specific color. Nice touch. haha.

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the Eggshell color on the eg hatch the most. Just not so common. Please don't do satin, because like you said it just looks like flat rattle can to the untrained eye. I like how you wrote the name of the color in that specific color. Nice touch. haha.

:thumbs up: thats why Eggshell is on top!! lol... i think i'll go with that. But just wanted to get some feedback on it.. (deff less common , here on the East coast anyway, LOL)..

i just don't want a statement like " did u see that eggshell EK hatch?"(or whatever color i would paint it).. and they reply is
"which one?"

And i am bored at work man, Sundays are SLOWWWWWWW.. so i was playing around with the color fonts, lol

FeNoM

5+ Year Member
lol, thanks , First off welcome!! :welcome:

And i can't give the location or name of that strip..It been used for yearssss for $ runs (over 15 years maybe more. And it's has rubber down like a NHRA track. lol. I Kid u not). And for the most part it's been low-key and i kinda want it to stay that way.

But yea it's just not worth it for me to race out there anymore, but i won't mess it up for thoes that do. There was a race the other night with two 800whp+ cars and the pot was over $20k.

I used to make more than i earn in a week in a single night out there, And i think that is the reason some people still take the risk.

PS: i don't know how Admin or MODs on this site feel about streetracing, but i have access to tons of race footage, and i'll post in the Street/Track section if it will be allowed. (u would have to sign up for another forum to view, for obvious anti-police reasons. but :what:)
but this is a Oldie but goodie!! This was back in the 90's and i believe the run was for $40k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFtK5Nvq8vs

My build started out as a $$ car build,, then i went legit. ( A family and a daughter will change you)<~~ and thats a gooood thing!
LOL. I may actually know where that is bro. I won't put it up here either, I'm PMing you though and gunna see if I'm right. LOL, sick rides, and that $40k run was sick.

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL. I may actually know where that is bro. I won't put it up here either, I'm PMing you though and gunna see if I'm right. LOL, sick rides, and that $40k run was sick.
close,, but your guess is a lill too busy to have a run from a dig.