Long road, and it ends in the 9's!!

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
amazing build thread man! im currently building a gsr for boost although mine wont make near your numbers haha. cant wait to see more!
thanks, and good luck on your Build

this build makes me wanna dump my ej rob a bank and build me a hatch...lol
lol, Honestly i would have rather get something else. I was at teh last event and there were no joke, about 15 turbo 92-95 civic hatches.

I was pressed for time to get A car caged, and this car fell in my lap for $500

Update:
well no pix , since i was all over the place trying to get as much done b4 it got dark.
But i replaced
*Balljoints, brakes and rotors,ARP extended studs,and painted the trunk/hatch "Matalic Grey"!

I also pulled the Rear bumper support (since it will be replaced by NRG Tech's Parachute bracket that mounts to the Factory bumper support fixtures).

I also stripped the bay. I swore to myself i would not wiretuck another car. But i started pulling all the useless stuff out the bay (heater core ports, misc brackets, wiper fluid vat, wipers and wiper motor,charcole canister). I just might tuck this car!

Figured since the outside looks like s**t (for now). I migth as well make the bay look good!:???:

Also got a set of Del Sol Seats. Because with the stock EG seats my head was hitting the roof and cage. I needed something lower!!

PS: how do i get Del Sol seats to fit in a 92-95 civic? Because only 1 bolt lines up. Can the stock EG rails be swapped out to the Del Sol seats?

I gotta get rid of that damn crusty ass steeringwheel. lol

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well a buddy of mine had these laying around. He changed his mind on teh whole "drag" path. So he traded me his Kirkey economy buckets and 5 point harnesses for my Del Sol seats and $20!

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is one hell of a build man! That EG is going to be insane!! Other then the EF, the EG is my fav Honda!

You have a beautiful family BTW!!! I'll be keeping an eye out on this one!

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
subscribed, never noticed this thread :D

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is one hell of a build man! That EG is going to be insane!! Other then the EF, the EG is my fav Honda!

You have a beautiful family BTW!!! I'll be keeping an eye out on this one!
thanks man..

subscribed, never noticed this thread :D
Some updates...

having trouble getting a 3rd gear slider for a GSR tranny. So the motor could not go in this weekend.. I wasn't going to paint or tuck the bay. But i figured i had the time, and didn't want to waste it. Plus i was bored..

So here is a peek.
power washed, fuse box removed, all unneeded brackets were removed. I was lazy so i just wrapped the hard lines and master in foil.

slight sand, wash again. And primed. Ready for paint.

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bays looking good so far! keep it up man
Thanks.The bay is Battleship grey. (or something close to it. lol)
Still need to button things up. And put down about 4 coats of clear.

The bay will also be getting all new bolts and hardware.

hows the baby?!
They are good. The 4 month old is now sleeping 8 hours at night. THANK GODDD!!! lol

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice bay man! if you're more bored, shave those holes like 2slo4u hahah

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks great man
thanks
nice bay man! if you're more bored, shave those holes like 2slo4u hahah
lol, yea i want to , just not enough time
coming along nicely, keep it up
thanks
whats the tranny set up going to be?
Well for now it will be a stock GSR trans with MFactory diff and Carbon Coated syncros and run the car around 650whp range. Try to see if i can milk a 9 sec pass out of it.

Hopefully later in the year i can get something that with hold more power.

I also have been in extreme pain the past 3 days. Really bad lower back pain!! Though i had food poisoning since i was trowing up.
Well after the 3rd day i went to the ER today to find out i have Kidney Stones. Oh goodie!!:(
I'm soo hopped up on percs right now it's not even funny. Just to maintain.

cubangoddess08

This thread is so insanely Godly......being from jerzey (the shore, bitches lol) and also owning a hatch, this thread is inspiring. Major props and im so looking forward to updates. my bday was two days ago and as a present from the gods, my FKN tranny is leakin....neway my baby is sittin out front lookin oh so sad til its fixed, but this thread made me smile. THANKS POOTIE!

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This thread is so insanely Godly......being from jerzey (the shore, bitches lol) and also owning a hatch, this thread is inspiring. Major props and im so looking forward to updates. my bday was two days ago and as a present from the gods, my FKN tranny is leakin....neway my baby is sittin out front lookin oh so sad til its fixed, but this thread made me smile. THANKS POOTIE!
lmao. thanks!!

sorry for the slow updates. I just been really busy and ill!

i just moved again (my 3rd move since this thread was started , lol). But yea i moved, and it's sickkkkk!!

and i have medical issues that has been slowing me down...
Should have some progress this weekend!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:shock:
As always Pootie your s**t is sick as hell man...

So how you feeling now?

Move eh? Big ole house with a shop? lol

Oh hey you were helping me on my build... So just a quick update, I am getting rid of the Greddy tiny turbo and going a small step up to a Mitsu 14b! She is in good shape, getting ready to hone the block and put back together!

Good luck on the build bro!:cool:

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:shock:
As always Pootie your s**t is sick as hell man...

So how you feeling now?

Move eh? Big ole house with a shop? lol

Oh hey you were helping me on my build... So just a quick update, I am getting rid of the Greddy tiny turbo and going a small step up to a Mitsu 14b! She is in good shape, getting ready to hone the block and put back together!

Good luck on the build bro!:cool:

Thanks man!!

No house yet. Just a reallllly nice apt in the city with a great view of the water.lol

I have Kidney Stones (i have no idea how i got that s**t, coz i don't drink soda). But i'll tell you this much. That s**t is the worst pain i have everrrr everr everr ever everrr felt in my lifeeee!!!

It's this crazy lower back pain that spreads to you lower stomach in the front.. It gets soo bad sometimes i have to trow-up.

But yea besides that depressing s**t, everything is good, just busy!

Glad your build is moving along, i'll have to check it out soon.

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good man...
Thanks man, It's almost all done!!

The motor is already in the car, just have some misc s**t to get done (fuel stuff and wiring... this lil crap seems to be more work than anything else)

But since i slacked on updates here are a few pix for your viewing pleasure.

Long Block and Tranny

Competition Clutch Twin Disk/Golden Eagle scatter shield.... HUGE THANKS TO CHRIS HARRIS AND ALL THE GUYS AT XENOCRON.

Aeromotive Fuel Pressurte Reg (-10AN IN and -8AN OUT)

Got the slicks mounted and fitted. (these were pix b4 the motor went in, thats why the front end is soo high) It started to rain and was dark out , so i didn't get to get a pic of the motor installed.

more to come...

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tossed the OEM front on till the jojo fornt is painted.

Fuel system (used -8an and -10an pushlock line and fittings) Wayyy EZer to work with to install.

Almost there

Fabing up an up-pipe from some scrap piping. Went with 3" for now. Will be switching to 4" soon.