Looking to change out my stock intake system...

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmmm you said plastic looked cheap..... the metal pipe on Y7 looks cheap as hell, looks completely ghetto, post a pic of your Y7 with a SRI, its laughable but thats all.... Stock = Clean.

Edit: Dude im just trying to get my post across lol no insult meant toward you.

I had an AEM CAI on my Y8 and it made my bay look 10x better.
I used to have Y7 with an intake.... I hated it with a passion, maybe its just me though.

ocdjg

5+ Year Member
hmmmm you said plastic looked cheap..... the metal pipe on Y7 looks cheap as hell, looks completely ghetto, post a pic of your Y7 with a SRI, its laughable but thats all.... Stock = Clean.
In the matter of looks on this subject we both simply agree to disagree. Im on the opposite side of what you said there :lol:

305ej6

5+ Year Member
just to add to this post. I added a cold air intake pipe from a z6 to my stock set up. NO filter on the end of the pipe but i do have a K&N drop in filter in the box. sounds nice, added a bit of throttle response and I am still getting almost 300 miles pers tank.
before
[/IMG]
after
[/IMG]

305ej6

5+ Year Member
ohh and I know im not getting BIG HP #'s I just hated the stock tiny crimpled tubing, and with the stock resonator it made it look like i had 2 airboxes. I do agree the y7 with a SRI looks like s**t! thats why i did not go that route. over all i am satisfied and motor swap is in the future plans just an FYI.

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
Does anyone else agree that a D16Y7 looks 10x Better with a stock airbox? Considering it has the fugliest intake manifold ever made? lmao

EDIT: LMAO Get a AEM Sticker and stick it on the intake, than spray a layer of clear coat over the pipe/sticker BOOOOOOOOOOM bling :P
No and No

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just to add to this post. I added a cold air intake pipe from a z6 to my stock set up. NO filter on the end of the pipe but i do have a K&N drop in filter in the box. sounds nice, added a bit of throttle response and I am still getting almost 300 miles pers tank.
before
[/IMG]
after
[/IMG]
Without a doubt the cleanest Y7 intake I have ever seen. Good Job.

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
Just got my intake today, and it turns out that the filter is a spectre, so that pretty good.

I have classes until 6PM so ill put it on tonight and if i can ill snap a few pics and maybe a vid, if its too dark ill do it tomorrow

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
i hope you suck dirt into your motor, burn up your piston rings and have to add a quart of oil a week.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just got my intake today, and it turns out that the filter is a spectre, so that pretty good.

I have classes until 6PM so ill put it on tonight and if i can ill snap a few pics and maybe a vid, if its too dark ill do it tomorrow
yeah like i said i've been using spectre filters on my turbo for about 40k miles now and they've done great. no complaints. i just like that they don't cost $50 so you can just toss them and buy a new one at the local autozone for fairly cheap

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
Annnnnnnd I just slapped that b***h on!

Now i got the K&N, no more cheap filter on there.

Now it sounds orgasmic

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There is a reason I'm picking sound over performance, because I drive a civic, what performance could I possibly wring out of a 1.6L I4 with 122K?

I could care less if people label me a ricer, the point is this is something I WANT to do with my limited amount of money, even if people would turn their nose down on it.

Why would I give a s**t about what someone says about my car, why would I care?

But I AM with you on the looks dept, Im doing that piece by piece. First the head/tail lights, fog lights, drop the car about an inch, then finally rims

But body kits can go f**k themselves, there is no point to spending money to add weight to your car

EVER
I LIKE THIS GUY! ^

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say good choice dude, if you like it rock it. f**k if i had an auto id do it too, i like the intake purr. And with previous statements, you do usually get what you pay for, but ive used spectre's for the llast 3 years with NO problems, in fact i like my spectre on my tibby more than the k&n in came with.