lowest drop

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
Does anyone know how low i can go with my coilovers w/o using some camber kits on my 97 hatch?

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you dont need camber kits.. camber is sexy

:word:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u can go super super low...

and like stated, u dont need a camber kit...

they will save ur tires, but a little camber never hurt anyone..

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
i see i'll be using f&f coils, cause i got new tires too don't wanna have camber wear on them!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You'll be fine with 2.5-3 inch drop. Just make sure you get an alignment after you put them on. Also you can do the washer trick in the rear to fix the camber.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You'll be fine with 2.5-3 inch drop. Just make sure you get an alignment after you put them on. Also you can do the washer trick in the rear to fix the camber.
I am not sure if you could go that low but I guess it is worth a shot... Worst case they say well we can't fix the camber in the front... Washer Trick for the win! Wish I would of known about it a few yrs ago... Got new tires and didn't want the wear anymore, so had them put SPC rear camber kit on... Well little did I know it was 3 bolts! Cost me like 150 to get it done! DOH! But my suspension is perfect on all 4 corners now... so well worth it!

So to your main question... drop it and align it... But I personally say spend a few bucks get the camber correction up front, then get the washer trick going on in the back then slam the f**ker, align it and be done! Fixing the camber up front isn't expensive!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not camber that kills the tires, it's TOE. An alignment can adjust toe.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am not sure if you could go that low but I guess it is worth a shot... Worst case they say well we can't fix the camber in the front...
Why couldn't you go that low? My car is 3" lower than stock, and isn't even as low as it used to be anymore.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just go as low as you can possibly go. Then go some lower after that.

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
I am not sure if you could go that low but I guess it is worth a shot... Worst case they say well we can't fix the camber in the front... Washer Trick for the win! Wish I would of known about it a few yrs ago... Got new tires and didn't want the wear anymore, so had them put SPC rear camber kit on... Well little did I know it was 3 bolts! Cost me like 150 to get it done! DOH! But my suspension is perfect on all 4 corners now... so well worth it!

So to your main question... drop it and align it... But I personally say spend a few bucks get the camber correction up front, then get the washer trick going on in the back then slam the f**ker, align it and be done! Fixing the camber up front isn't expensive!
So what should i do first do the washer trick right away or drop my car and check the camber before doing the washer trick?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So what should i do first do the washer trick right away or drop my car and check the camber before doing the washer trick?
Dude do you even re-read what you are asking? It's like asking, should I take asprin before I have a headache or after I get a headache?

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should do the washer trick after lowering your car, or else you will have major positive camber until you lower.

It's not an emergency to correct camber. As long as you do it within in a couple weeks of lowering your car, you won't have any noticeable abnormal tire wear.

I would also recommend getting a camber kit for the front. You may not notice the effects for months, but you will surely shorten the life of your tires. You're either going to be spending now for a camber kit or later for tires.