NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i think what he means by expendable income is anything you buy that you dont need to survive. so the money you use to buy something that you dont need is expendable.
Um... yeah, and I'm saying to save your extra money in oprder to buy the things you'd like to buy. If somethign is more expensive you must save for longer.

I don't know what you're talkig about "expendable = anything you buy that you don't need to survive." He's talking about expendable income.

ex‧pend‧a‧ble
capable of being expended.

ex‧pend
1. to use up: She expended energy, time, and care on her work.
2. to pay out; disburse; spend.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Um... yeah, and I'm saying to save your extra money in oprder to buy the things you'd like to buy. If somethign is more expensive you must save for longer.

I don't know what you're talkig about "expendable = anything you buy that you don't need to survive." He's talking about expendable income.

ex‧pend‧a‧ble
capable of being expended.

ex‧pend
1. to use up: She expended energy, time, and care on her work.
2. to pay out; disburse; spend.
you dont need the definition of expendable, you need the definition of "expendable income". and it is as follows:

"income thats left over after paying all your bills, necessary expenditures and after savings n taxes. This income basically is for you to spend on what is not needed. "

that came straight out of my Accounting book.

so like i was saying, whether you saved the money or not, expendable income is money you use on things you do not need.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
so like i was saying, whether you saved the money or not, expendable income is money you use on things you do not need.
I thought you could put two and two together to figure out what income "capable of being expended" would be. Bills, taxes and such is money already spent.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I thought you could put two and two together to figure out what income "capable of being expended" would be. Bills, taxes and such is money already spent.
i did put it together. it was you i was explaining the definition to remember? if not then lets review...
vandynamics said:
theoretical expendable income is the only allaby you have.

d boosted is faster then any swap. and cheaper then anyswap regardless of the chassis
NOFX said:
Expendable? No... just save your pennies and don't plan that you have to buy it all and do it all at once.
Shiznit said:
i think what he means by expendable income is anything you buy that you dont need to survive. so the money you use to buy something that you dont need is expendable.
NOFX said:
if i wasnt then i dont know what i meant by "expendable income"

lets clarify
Shiznit said:
"income thats left over after paying all your bills, necessary expenditures and after savings n taxes. This income basically is for you to spend on what is not needed. "
so, we come back to this.
vandynamics said:

d boosted is faster then any swap. and cheaper then anyswap regardless of the chassis
where your answer...
NOFX said:
Expendable? No... just save your pennies and don't plan that you have to buy it all and do it all at once.
should have been:" Expendable? Damn Right!"

to make it even more clear, money that you have saved that is not used on necessities remains expendable income

that is all i was trying to say. ;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't even know why it was brought up in the first place then...

Of course you're going to be spending money you can spend on whatever you want on whatever you want (a car or cars part in this situation). Sometimes that might mean saving it for whatever you want.
vandynamics said:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
If I had the cash for a K-series... I'd get the K rather than tha D.
what do you think total out of pocket it would run you for the motor and all costs getting it into the car..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
vandynamics said:
nofx sure has been sounding like eran recently!
:whip:
What? Oh yeah, so it sounds like you're trying to accuse me of having Eran post under my name. Real mature argument. :roll:
AlexM said:
haha, soo whipped.
I'm a girl, dude. If either Eran or myself were whipped, the norm is for him to be whipped because of his girlfriend, ME.
oc_civic said:
what do you think total out of pocket it would run you for the motor and all costs getting it into the car..
I'm not sure how much it would cost to get a K-series into a car... depends on the car too though (we've never established that). I do know that if I had a choice between either D turbo or K though (and had enough cash for either)... I'm going with K-series. I hate D-series motors and transmissions.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I'm not sure how much it would cost to get a K-series into a car... depends on the car too though (we've never established that). I do know that if I had a choice between either D turbo or K though (and had enough cash for either)... I'm going with K-series. I hate D-series motors and transmissions.
i dont understand why you would choose a slower setup.. but i guess its up to the person to decide..

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its because he she does not like D series motors and transmission!

aye, personal preference has shown through an objective argument.

I'm going with K-series. I hate D-series motors and transmissions.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are you sure Eran didn't post that under my name? :???: :roll:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Are you sure Eran didn't post that under my name? :???: :roll:

we are friends and all.. NOT starting s**t.. but how could he be sure.. you two live together and obviously dont video tape you all day.. he could not know for sure..

in fact how dowe KNOW that "I" just posted this?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
uh okay on that note we have gone way way way off topic. so either we stay on topic or this thread gets closed.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
we are friends and all.. NOT starting s**t.. but how could he be sure.. you two live together and obviously dont video tape you all day.. he could not know for sure..

in fact how dowe KNOW that "I" just posted this?
Exactly. I was just posting that after he said that my posts were sounding like Eran's way of posting. As though to hint at me letting a banned member use my account. A banned member who has stated repeatedly that he will probbaly not come back after being unbanned. Somethign that would get me banned anyway... and I have too many people I know on here to want to be banned for something stupid like that.

Anyway, I still prefer K over B and B over D. I'd prefer D over E for example... but only because the D is more modern and something I'd be more likely to be able to learn something applicable from. Plus the D still fits in my car. So I'd prefer it over C, J, or N too if it makes anyone feel better. :lol:

civicboy18974

5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Exactly. I was just posting that after he said that my posts were sounding like Eran's way of posting. As though to hint at me letting a banned member use my account. A banned member who has stated repeatedly that he will probbaly not come back after being unbanned. Somethign that would get me banned anyway... and I have too many people I know on here to want to be banned for something stupid like that.

Anyway, I still prefer K over B and B over D. I'd prefer D over E for example... but only because the D is more modern and something I'd be more likely to be able to learn something applicable from. Plus the D still fits in my car. So I'd prefer it over C, J, or N too if it makes anyone feel better. :lol:
I'll take a built D over a B anyday, mainly because their cheaper to build and people are now figuring out how to make hp out of a d series. People are building 400-500 hp d series motors for prolly half the cost of a b series. plus if the d series blows up who cares, a new motor can be bought for $400. plus a d series will have more torque than the b16a's, b18c's because of the stroke so there. D series for life