MAP sensor and TPS sensor location

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone know where the MAP sensor and the TPS sensor are located on a 1995 civic lx? I have the haynes book but they show where it is located on a civic del sol. Mine is a little different. Im trying to hook up my Venom 400 and I need to know where the MAP and TPS sensors are located. If any of you have a Venom 400 installed please help. I need to know where the orange wire goes as well as where the green one/

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by gabezcivic
Anyone know where the MAP sensor and the TPS sensor are located on a 1995 civic lx? I have the haynes book but they show where it is located on a civic del sol. Mine is a little different. Im trying to hook up my Venom 400 and I need to know where the MAP and TPS sensors are located. If any of you have a Venom 400 installed please help. I need to know where the orange wire goes as well as where the green one/
the map is on top of ur tb and the tps is on the side of it. the plastic cases says "tps" and "map" on them.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have already asked about were the wires go. i posted them on the other one. here is the link back to that page.

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah but the wire colors you posted don't match up. The senor ontop of my Throttle body says MAP and there is one to the left of that one but im not sure if thats the other one.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the one on the left is the one ur looking for
one sec ill run out to my car and look

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are three wires on the MAP one is red/yellow the other white/green and the final one is white. the TPS not exactly sure where it is but the one im thinking has the following wire combinations :yellow/white the other red/blue and the final one green/white.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
put the orange wore to the middle wire of the map and the green wire to the middle wire of the tps. the tps is the one on the left side of the tb. the middle wire , cuz thier is a set of 3 wires. always hook it up to the middle one.

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah thanks alot man. I owe you big. THANKS! Im going out there and hooking it up.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are three wires on the MAP one is red/yellow the other white/green and the final one is white. the TPS not exactly sure where it is but the one im thinking has the following wire combinations :yellow/white the other red/blue and the final one green/white.
read ur quote and read mine
the orange wire goes to the green/red on the map
and the green wire goes to the red/blue on the tps.
that is how it is on a 92-95 anyhow...if you need it for any other year let me know. i will find out for ya.
*edit* nvm im dumb

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah but on my MAP there is no green/red combintaion, but im going to hook them up to the middle wires. Thanks again

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem man.......just do one thing for me.,....after you take it out come back and let me know if u left much of a diffrence.

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you know if the VENOM 400 works? If im at idel and press the acceleration shouldn't the LED come on or only when driving and accelerating fast?

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you know if the VENOM 400 works? If im at idel and press the acceleration shouldn't the LED come on or only when driving and accelerating fast?
it only works if ur at full throttle. when it starts to work the led will kick on.

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think I did it right then, but I did everything the way it suppose to be I think the LED doesn't work. As for the Venom im not sure I feel the difference. Does your RMPs range higher?

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just hope I connected it right. I did connect them to the middle wires. So the TPS is the one on the throttle body? red/blue or is it on the firewall I hooked it up to the one on the throttle body that is attached to the throttle body to the left.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it is on the tb. it should be on teh middle wires. did u buy the kit used? also it could be fried, cuz if u turn it on and/or off while the car is running u will fry it in a sec.....that might be why the person sold it to u. the led should last forever., but idk

gabezcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tried to connect another LED the one from my z28s VENOM 400 but the one for the civic has a white/black/metalic wire and the one from the camaros has only two wires and red/black