Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334709,00.html

HONOLULU — The United States Marines Corps on Tuesday condemned a video that purportedly shows a Marine viciously mistreating a puppy and promised an aggressive investigation into who is responsible.

Sources at the Marine Corps base in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, told FOXNews.com that they were upset and outraged by the video, which was initially posted on YouTube but has since been taken down. They confirmed there is someone stationed there who served in Iraq with the same name uttered in the video.

"There is [a man by that name] here and back from Iraq," a source said. "Whether or not he is actually in the video, I can’t confirm that — that’s being investigated right now."

In the grainy, low-quality clip, the Marine appears to throw a puppy off a rocky cliff while joking with another Marine, who addresses him by a single name as he holds up the motionless black-and-white dog before hurling it into a gully.

“Oh, I tripped,” the first Marine says as he throws the animal. A yelping sound is heard as the puppy flies through the air.

“That’s mean. That was mean, Motari," a second man, pictured with him in the beginning of the video, can be heard saying.

Click here to watch the video. (WARNING: GRAPHIC)

A host of Internet blogs and sites have circulated what they speculate is the dog-tossing Marine's full name.

It was likely that the named man and others were being questioned in the case, sources told FOXNews.com. Those at the base in Hawaii were very upset by the video.

"We’re all outraged," a source said. "We’re probably more outraged than the general public. I hate that it happened."

Earlier Tuesday, the base's public affairs director issued a statement denouncing the vignette.

"The video is shocking and deplorable and is contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine," said Major Chris Perrine. "This video came to our attention this morning, and we have initiated an investigation. We do not tolerate this type of behavior and will take appropriate action."

Soon after the uproar started Tuesday, YouTube removed the video from its site on the grounds that it violated content rules — though it was still accessible and available via other links online.

The authenticity of the clip, which has been viewed more than 145,000 times since it was uploaded to YouTube in the last two days, has not been verified.

Perrine said it appears that the man in the video is a lance corporal based with a unit in the Hawaiian islands. His actions weren't characteristic of those of most men and women who serve, the spokesman said.

"The vast majority of Marines conduct their duties in an honorable manner that brings great credit upon the Marine Corps and the United States," said Perrine. "There have been numerous stories of Marines adopting pets and bringing them home from Iraq or helping to arrange life-saving medical care for Iraqi children.

"Those are the stories that exemplify what we stand for and how most Marines behave."

"It's questionable," sources told FOXNews.com. "But even if it was a fake, it's still outrageous."

Forum members and bloggers have been frantically trying to track down details of the soldier.

"Certainly there's a lot of outrage and a lot of people are upset about it. I think every Marine is upset about this video," Perrine said. “We will investigate and take appropriate action and make sure our Marine is safe as well.

"That is mistreatment of a puppy. That is a violation of anybody's standards, and the Marine Corps sets extremely high standards."

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's just f**ked, hope a suicide bomber makes him a stain on the concrete.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the f**ked up thing is that now people are gonna make the claim that because one stupid individual threw a dog, that america's marines are these monstrous evil freaks.

i respect marines more than i respect most of the people out there. the fact is that while others need to earn my respect, the marine uniform has my respect from the moment i see the guy. idk what that idiot was thinking, but it's people like that, that give otherwise honorable groups a bad name.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
some people do not deserve to be marines.

dorifto83

**lurking**
5+ Year Member
That's just f**ked, hope a suicide bomber makes him a stain on the concrete.
Are you f**king retarded? It was a dog, as f**ked up as it was, it is still a dog. Incredible how a single puppy can justify killing a marine in your eyes.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are you f**king retarded? It was a dog, as f**ked up as it was, it is still a dog. Incredible how a single puppy can justify killing a marine in your eyes.
Perrine said it appears that the man in the video is a lance corporal based with a unit in the Hawaiian islands. His actions weren't characteristic of those of most men and women who serve, the spokesman said.

"The vast majority of Marines conduct their duties in an honorable manner that brings great credit upon the Marine Corps and the United States," said Perrine. "There have been numerous stories of Marines adopting pets and bringing them home from Iraq or helping to arrange life-saving medical care for Iraqi children.
It's still a living creature. How would you feel if that was your dog - and a marine (or member of the armed force) that devoted his life to the country you live in, to serve it and protect it with all the high standards of the Marines (or whatever armed force) they try to uphold - and a Marine (or member of the armed forces) threw it and killed it?

If a random person did this, it wouldn't be AS big of a deal but it would still arise huge amounts of anger and despise. But we're talking about a marine here.

If you own an dog and love it very much, you know how excellent of a companion a dog can make. You practically treat it like you would a family member. So many people look to animals for trust, companionship, and love and vice versa. It's not just a "single puppy" or "just a dog".

IMHO, your beliefs and values are almost as f**ked up as the video.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats a dickheadish thing to do, throw the marine into the canyon after you handcuff him to micheal vick.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe to somebody in iraq, that puppy was all they had left and to lose that puppy would be like losing a brother or sister. plus i doubt it died on impact, it probably suffered for a couple hours then died. if you're going to kill something, kill it. dont let it suffer. for all i care that fagget can die the same way.

edit: stopped reading at dorifto' comment to reply, but i completely agree with what amej8 said.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
actually that puppy was probably a stray, they are a dime a dozen in the middle east and asia

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
actually that puppy was probably a stray, they are a dime a dozen in the middle east and asia
It's still a terrible thing to see / do. Even if a dog doesn't have an owner, they are still amazing animals that can potentially be incredibly loving and obedient.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
still dorifto's comment is the most rational one here...(other than my own).

his point is that people here and out there are arguing that the marine should be strung up for this s**t. Let's get some perspective here:

Granted, dog's are among God's more human creatures, and they make great companions. At the same time, it's not a human life. Human life is infinitely more precious. Do dogs truly have the mental capacity to love? or is it just a reaction caused by dependency. Do dog's study their own psychology or their own history? do they create art? no. they eat their vomit and smell each others butts...(unfortunately some humans find this enjoyable too but that's beside the point). Human life is valuable but noone gets all up in arms about us taking that. Read ur history books (no not the revisionist s**t). The Japanese fed babies to dogs. they threw human infants in the air to be impaled on bayonettes.

While his actions are f'd and absolutely do NOT reflect what a marine should be about, i think we just needed some perspective here. (this is in no way my condoning his actions. i find them appalling. my point is just that it would be way more appalling to do the same to a human)

Question of the day: How would you feel if a vet. took puppies and sucked them up into a vacuum cleaner and then cut them up into tiny pieces? How would u feel if a doctor did that to a human chi...oh wait...

Perspective.

Last edited:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think the marine deserves an "eye for an eye" at all. I never meant to agree with that opinion. I simply gave my own argument against dorifto's comment.

Yes, it may all be perspective, but they're still amazing animals. And IMHO, to some extent, dogs DO have some mental capacity to love. When a dog runs up to its owner with it's tail going nuts and acting all happy, that isn't just an act of dependency. That's showing it's loyal to the owner and "missed him/her" in some form. That to me, shows some degree of love. When a dog wags it's tail, it's not just waging it because it feels like it. There's a reason.

You simply cannot compare a human life to an animal life. Human lives and animal lives are completely different, regardless of how similar characteristics or actions may be between the 2. A human's job is so much different from an animals. An animal plays, eats, sleeps, and goes to the bathroom. That's pretty much it's main "job". A human has a bigger mental capacity to learn, educate, be educated, perform tasks, do physical labor, make money, save money, have a right to possess money and items, etc.

I really don't mean to start a debate here. I just can't believe some of the things being said in this thread.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think u just agreed with me.

i didn't compare human life with that of a dog. i contrasted the two. personally, i love dogs. i kinda think that they're goofy and dependent but i love them for it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did I? lol I dunno.

I popped down 2 benadryl about 45 minutes ago because my hives / eczema (whatever the f**k it is) was happening tonight so I'm drowsy as all f**k. I can't make a coherent sentence come out of my mouth. Takes me a while to type and make sure it makes sense lol.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he would've had better distance if he had thrown the puppy underhand.

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what a f**kin retard!! i would cut his eye lids off burry him till his neck and s**t in his mouth and tie it shut!! thank you have a great day!