matt96ex's Project: CX Hatchback

Tek-C

Powered By USAF!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's cool. well, take your time on everything. Do it all on your pace, cuz you don't want to rush anything. Keep up the great work...

im_slow

5+ Year Member
build is lookin good so far. keep it up! can't wait to see the finished project.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is going to be a great build!

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow haven't updated this thing in quite awhile. haven't touched the shell at all recently. funds are tight plus its cold as balls out and there isn't much room to work in the garage without pushing it out into the driveway.
i did get a bit of motivation a week or so ago when we had a day where it was about 60 degrees out and started cleaning up my block. also started to clean up some of the bottom end internals. yay.
borrowed this speed blaster from my buddy and bought some glass bead abrasive. OMG. AMAZING STUFF! hit my valve cover and oil pan with it. looks brand new! will post pics and some more progress tomorrow maybe. im going to get back to enjoying my guinness.
thanks for the comments guys!

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hope everything works out with the title...like i said research getting a duplicate.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hope everything works out with the title...like i said research getting a duplicate.
thanks man.

picking up a b16a2 this weekend. trying to sell off my d16 and d16 turbo parts. check my fs threads.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some goodies from this past weekend.

i failz at taking teh pix0rs.

list of what i got is:
b16a2 from a 99 si. 75k
ls tranny (kinda ghey, oh well it will move me for now)
all the mounts, brackets, bolts besides a top tranny mount or bracket. the two front torque and rear mounts have the ES bushing inserts.
shift linkage
starter
alternator
extra fuel rail and fuel press reg.
ps pump
clutch
si throttle cable
injectors
half shaft
one used, one new axle
p2t si ecu
greddy header w/ o2 sensor

the price for the swap was already awesome but it only got better.
he threw a few extras for free
carbon fiber hood
ngk spark plugs. the ones a step colder for turbo
haynes manual
d16 oil pan gasket
faze oil press gauge
a cobra radar detector? random? yes!

yea random s**t. but guess what...free! im not going to decline anything for free!
besides a few things here and there its pretty much a drop in swap!
id like to get the b16 tranny instead of the LS, but well see.
planning on running this motor na for awhile and enjoy it. should be a fun car to drive. si motor + nearly stripped cx hatch = awesomeness!
will eventually turbo it. probably not for awhile.
i need to focus on getting the hatch in better shape first.
thanks for looking!

Tek-C