Matt's Project DC4

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How much were they and where did you get them? Mine are all rusted and this made me think about replacing mine.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How much were they and where did you get them? Mine are all rusted and this made me think about replacing mine.
They were $3.00 each and I got them from my sponsor, Honda Performance Development. I'm sure you can get a pair for a similar price from your local Honda dealership.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OEM fuel and oil caps came in today. Time to replace the the old generic ones.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How did you go about getting that sponsorship?
I heard about the Honda Racing Line program from a friend who also tracks his DC4. So I applied and Honda Performance Development agreed to sponsor me.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Parts in picture above:

OEM B18C1 cylinder head gasket
OEM B18C1 valve seals
OEM fuel cap
OEM oil cap

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I really like skunk2 stuff so I hope you do it with haste! I really want to get some new exhaust components but I havnt heard any of the mufflers like what you got.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I really like skunk2 stuff so I hope you do it with haste! I really want to get some new exhaust components but I havnt heard any of the mufflers like what you got.
You can hear different exhaust systems on YouTube.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Time to get a part time job and finish this project Matt. Can't wait till you finish.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Time to get a part time job and finish this project Matt. Can't wait till you finish.
Progress has been slow because I've been doing a lot of maintenance on the GE8.

What needs to be done on the GE8:
Coilovers
Front brake pads
Front brake rotors
Spark plugs
Valve adjustment

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Updates:

1. I picked up a Circuit Hero Type-II shift lever extender from Mr. Circuit Hero himself (Gil Salazar) at the Raceline Track Day at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway two weeks ago. He even hooked it up with a free Circuit Hero t-shirt. Great guy that sells quality products. :thumbs up I sent out the shift lever extender to get anodized black to match my OEM ITR shift lever.

2. Last week, I ordered a Spoon Duracon 5-Speed shift knob to go with my shifter setup. You guys know how much I love Spoon. :mrgreen:

3. Since the B18B1 runs like s***, I've decided to ditch it and ordered a JDM B20B (High compression w/ knock sensor). I'll be using the B20B until I finish building my B18C1 or when it blows. Which ever comes first. :lol: The B20B should be arriving sometime next month or early November.

4. I ordered a Hondata S100 so I can tune the B20B after I swap it in.

That's pretty much it for now. More parts and pictures are on the way!