mclovinhonda (banned)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn :/

well keep me updated eric1998 and i will do the same as well...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if anyone cares here is his IP address.. its to his comcast account..

The IP Address is: 75.71.164.189. The host name is: c-75-71-164-189.hsd1.co.comcast.net.

what a piece of s**t..

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it's kinda messed up that highway star vouched for him....
Did he vouch for him as a buyer or seller? It's very easy for someone to buy parts from you with money that may not be theirs. It's very possible Highway-Star didn't actually purchase anything from him... Who knows though.

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did he vouch for him as a buyer or seller? It's very easy for someone to buy parts from you with money that may not be theirs. It's very possible Highway-Star didn't actually purchase anything from him... Who knows though.
It doesn't matter. He said he knew him personally. And the guy rips people off

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get highway in here, I want some answers.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paypal usually does a great job at refunding money in situations like this. There is, however, a bad side to it. A loop hole if you will. If the seller wipes all of the money out of the account that is linked paypal has no way to refund and they close the dispute. That is why I try to only deal with varified sellers. Verified means that they have a credit card linked to the account. Then again, if they just remove all of the financial institutions from their account before they bail, you are back at square one.

It is a terrible situation and I hope that everyone gets this resolved.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IIRC, claims can take up to 2 months to complete. I know when I paid for something through PayPal (using my credit card), it took about a month (or at least 3-4 weeks) before I got my money back.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
12 posts and no rating, why would anyone buy s**t from him?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Paypal usually does a great job at refunding money in situations like this. There is, however, a bad side to it. A loop hole if you will. If the seller wipes all of the money out of the account that is linked paypal has no way to refund and they close the dispute. That is why I try to only deal with varified sellers. Verified means that they have a credit card linked to the account. Then again, if they just remove all of the financial institutions from their account before they bail, you are back at square one.

It is a terrible situation and I hope that everyone gets this resolved.
Thats something many people are unaware about.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sucks man...I have had three online transactions go bad...and didn't get any money back from paypal...

Supposedly he posted his phone number in Highways thread...719-466-3678...I am sure you could try getting in touch with him that way...

It seems as if he were banned for multiple user accounts as seen in this thread...http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?p=2664097#post2664097

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I paypaled him as well. Its telling me that its waiting for a response as well. It has until June 7th for mine. I am aware that it is possible to run off with money through paypal just as someone staed earlier. Beleive me, i went through the terms and agreements and re-read it again and again once this happened to see my chances of getting my money back. So i'm hoping that the money was frozen through paypal before he was able to withdraw it. otherwise we are S.O.L.

EDIT: Correction, the seller has until June 6th to respond and i also filed the dispute on May 27 so i think we are all on the same boat. No personal responses from him though.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Funny how all the legit sellers have a hard time selling s**t but the scammers sell so much within a few days.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just saw this thread, sorry fellas.

Anywho, yes I did vouch for him. I didn't vouch him as a buyer nor a seller, I vouched because I know the guy personally. No, were not buddy buddy, but we do hang out every once in awhile. He never tried to d**k me over, therefore, I vouched for the guy because I knew he had some parts laying around..

I am very sorry he dicked you around, and I hope this all gets situated. I know most of you are thinking this is my fault and all that, which, yes, it could be blamed on me because of the vouch. So again, I'm sorry.

I posted his number as said above, so do what you guys want. PayPal will take care of you guys who did file a dispute, and get your money back.

Again, sorry :(

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats something many people are unaware about.
That is very true. I myself didn't know about it until I learned the hard way. I was burned 2 times. One they never got a response from the seller and just let the dispute float into the depths. Luckily it wasn't for a very high amount so I didn't loose much. The second time the seller booked and wiped all of the bank/credit accounts associated with the paypal account. Paypal responded to me saying that there was no money in the account to refund to me.

I never understood why they have the paypal safety guarantee thing and they don't cover it themselves. There is a few loop holes and some of the scammers know them pretty well.

PayPal will take care of you guys who did file a dispute, and get your money back.

Hopefully you are right. If he booked and wiped out the account or if he doesn't respond, paypal will drop the disputes. It is something they need to fix as their guarantee is a main reason why a lot of people trust paypal, yet you can get screwed if you don't watch your step.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just saw this thread, sorry fellas.

Anywho, yes I did vouch for him. I didn't vouch him as a buyer nor a seller, I vouched because I know the guy personally. No, were not buddy buddy, but we do hang out every once in awhile. He never tried to d**k me over, therefore, I vouched for the guy because I knew he had some parts laying around..

I am very sorry he dicked you around, and I hope this all gets situated. I know most of you are thinking this is my fault and all that, which, yes, it could be blamed on me because of the vouch. So again, I'm sorry.

I posted his number as said above, so do what you guys want. PayPal will take care of you guys who did file a dispute, and get your money back.

If you chill with him from time to time... talk to him about it. If he doesn't comply... well you said you guys aren't buddy buddy soo.... knife him.