Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And like I said, ENOUGH of the pithy comments.

Pretty sad that people are getting into arguements over something like this especially JUST after the holidays.

I can understand questioning the setup of the raffle and how the winner / method of choosing wasn't fair, but COME ON no reason to get your panties in a bunch over a RAFFLE that you didn't even pay for.

Last edited:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its funny still that half the people who won the memberships are inactive posters and have been inactive since the day they signed up....on guy hasnt been here since 2004....the day he signed up.
it seems to me that this wasnt a selection of who signed up...it was rather a selection of the entire board. no matter what they did.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What r u talking about bro.. We gave away almost $5k in products (K24 Engine / GT35R / t3/60-1 / Progress Coilovers / FP Green 20G .. and the memberships are free?? no one makes any $$$ on that unless YOU decide to renew..

Proof .. http://www.wrxmodders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8851
http://eghatchback.com/viewtopic.php?t=6728
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36513
http://www.turbooptions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12032

Keep on Hatin.. :(
each one of thos sites had no post winners. the WRX site was the only one to put anything together regaurding rules. and K20a.org had a month to put together somne sort of rules... this was poorly handled and i dont think it should be done again. period

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everyone saying the delay supports the contest being a scam.. Use a little common f**king sense… if it was a scam from day one.. the winner would have been predetermined, and there would have been no need for a delay.. They could have announced it at any time.. are there things that would have made the contest better… sure…. But it doesn’t change the fact that they tried to do something nice for you by giving away a free part…

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i don't think this was a total scam, but it does seem shady that only non-active members of other site's including our own, were the one's to win the grand prize, sure it could have been better thought out, and if this were to be done again then there really need to be some guidelines like any of the other contest we have done in the past!

"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Everyone saying the delay supports the contest being a scam.. Use a little common f**king sense… if it was a scam from day one.. the winner would have been predetermined, and there would have been no need for a delay.. They could have announced it at any time.. are there things that would have made the contest better… sure…. But it doesn’t change the fact that they tried to do something nice for you by giving away a free part…
Things don't have to be predetermined for the whole thing to be a scam :oh:
Fact is this whole thing was extremely poorly planned, and then the whole not being able to get on the net in the 21st century :bs: and the icing on the cake being the 0 post winner, well, it sure as hell doesn't add a whole lot of credibility to anyone involved. :twocents:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sadly i feel the same, planned or not it's just not right, yes i know you can't just take it back or even ask for a him to understand, but it should be obviously clear why everyone is mad for.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you read the other thread about this.. someone from CC actually spoke to the winner via aim...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess when your team sucks you have alot of time to come up with conspiracy theories :oh:
or when you just dont win in general like in this thread...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if you read the other thread about this.. someone from CC actually spoke to the winner via aim...
that really doesn't explain much though to be honest, if he won then cool for him, but to be a in-active member and to show up magically as a winner of a contest is freakish per-say, the whole thing just comes down to active members are pissed that someone who has never contributed, or even introduce them selves won something and they didn't, i have no problem with it either way, but i do see it messed with the way it wasn't set up, and again i know nothing can be done now, but i hope in the future things change and it's more regulated somehow.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bet the foO that won is firends with that CC myspace guy ;) When I checked that gay CC prifile I didn't know any of them f**ks. :lol:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that really doesn't explain much though to be honest, if he won then cool for him, but to be a in-active member and to show up magically as a winner of a contest is freakish per-say, the whole thing just comes down to active members are pissed that someone who has never contributed, or even introduce them selves won something and they didn't, i have no problem with it either way, but i do see it messed with the way it wasn't set up, and again i know nothing can be done now, but i hope in the future things change and it's more regulated somehow.
i think it sucks that someone who hasnt put s**t into this site won... i understand that everyone thinks that sucks.. it was the same thing with rotm why have a car win when the owner is not part of the community.. but that is an error in regards to the makers of the contest... also.. its very easy once the contest has ended to find fault in the layout.. but these are things that needed to be brought up BEFORE the contest.. lol

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
True, a little late now, but hopefully won't happen again if it's decided to be done ever again, right now probably not by my guess.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

unless of course his internet went down......

that DID happen, right?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless of course his internet went down......

that DID happen, right?
sigh...

when he couldnt get online... everyone was all in shock.. people stated that no one could ever not get online.. there is no real contest.. blah blah blah... and what i said meant that to those people that stated that the delay involved in revealing the winner indicated there wasnt really a contest and it was some kind of scam... and to those people... to print it out a little more clearly.. if that was the case.. then he would not have to make up having internet issues (as THEY stated) he would simply reveal the "fake" winner...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I beleive you know a thing or two about fixing contests :oh:
yup... a hundred years ago... i made up user names and voted for cars on ride of the month... not to make myself win... or anyone i knew... it was just something stupid.. that i along with several other members of this board did... some of them you might even be friends with.. but you know what.. i take all the s**t.. you know why becuase i refuse to "rat them out" over something so pathetic and so long ago.... people like to bring this up from time to time.. why i dont know.. its something kind of silly to cry about.... since it was addressed and handled by a moderator and all the members of the staff discussed it... the staff.. the people who controlled the site at that time.. decided not to remove me from the site... so thats that.. its done.. and over with.. i generally devote a lot of time to this site.. trying to help out as i can.. and general staff type s**t... i think that the positive impact far outweigh the negative.... did you never do anything assholeish on the internet? has ANYONE reading this right now not done something just as stupid... omg.. i registered fake votes on a site that at the time i was not really that active of a member on... childish.. sure.. but its over..

HondaBoy561

5+ Year Member
i want to thank cc for this raffle. i appreciate JJ and y0parts for setting all this up. should be a wonderful build for me ;) ill update for sure when it is done. still cant decide whether im gonna stay d or go k. thanks everyone

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^He speaks, lol. You do know that part of the agreement is a build thread, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.