honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
iinstead say "happy media and corporate pushed buying frenzy" as it more accurately describes what i see.. im not sure why we even call it christmas anymore.. i mean who are we fooling.. and this is not a dig at you.. maybe you are a devout christian who DOES celebrate it.. if you are than this obviously does not apply to you.. but MOST people who "celebrate christmas" just eat food and buy s**t... and to me it makes even calling it christmas worthless.. since the holiday christmas has nothing to do with that..
ahem, screw religion, i'm in it for the food and gifts too, and to celebrate family, nothing more.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
ahem, screw religion, i'm in it for the food and gifts too, and to celebrate family, nothing more.
:D

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
however i hate my family, so i'm always with the wife's family, lol. (long story)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:rolf: too funny! just give me my f**king present, i don't care why! :D

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
:rolf: too funny! just give me my f**king present, i don't care why! :D
don't get me wrong, i know why it started, but as oc said, it's not about that anymore.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i didn't say "know", i said "care". :D

i've been pagan for a number of years, and i still got with family to do the typical thing at christmas. the tree, the gifts, the food... but since none of them are religious, it's just about getting together and having a good time, regardless of what its religious root is.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oops, my bad, lol.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hate presents.. i would really enjoy "media and corporate pushed buying frenzy" without the media and corperations..

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
either way, i get new s**t i didn't have before, lol.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Astheros said:
:shock: you did all of this? wow. r u asian? i think i am starting to feel attracted to your undying quest for knowledge. ok i give up....i take your point. :(
:lol: No problem.

As for being asian... look back for Native America (remember I'm also Irish and probably Norwegian judging as my grandfather is native to Nova Scotia). :lol: It's back there... just WAY back there.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i hate presents.. i would really enjoy "media and corporate pushed buying frenzy" without the media and corperations..
we're all consumers.

moo.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
employers should be able to hire whoever they want.. i mean.. just take a chinese resturant for example.. just think of how ridiculous it would be to be seated by an idnian girl... having your order taken by an irish guy... while some random mexican guy cooks your general chicken... all the while the black manger checks in on you to see if your meal is good.. i mean who cares.. you own the resturant.. you hire who you want.. you want to hire all tai people at your tai resturant? sounds fine to me...
When was the last time you only saw Italians working at a pizza joint? :lol:

i don't really see it as rediculous as long as the cook can cook what he claims.
si-hatch86 said:
:werd:
it would seem wierd to go to a mexican restraunt and have some random white guy taking ur order that cant even understand wat ur ordering bc u order in spanish. same goes as if u were to go into some burger place and want a burger but some mexican guy that cant speak english can barely take ur order right bc he dont understand wat ur saying... i mean if they are qualified then ok, but if they arent qualified why are u gonna have them there, when you could have someone that could do the job alot better and is properly qualified.
Most resturants in the US.... no matter what the cuisine... allow you to order in English. The ones that run into problems in my experience are generally asian cuisine restuarants, and they often have their menu mixed with numbers for each meal too.

Qualified is qualified. Hell, the Mexican place I like in Dover, DE is owned by a Mexican family and generally they only employ their relatives... many only speak Spanish... but they learn at least someEnglish in order to be able to serve their patrons.

Actually... now that I think of it, there is a girl in there with kind of auburn hair and a pale complexion. She looks Irish, with faint freckles. guess what language she speaks? Spanish. She undestands very little English but she still managed to bring our food (she was new, so I assume she hadn't picked up as much as some of the other waitressees and waiters had).

Of course many family owned and operated establishments are going to have peopel working there that speak their native language.
Tom said:
why, cause to not hire someone based on their comprehension of a language could turn into a discrimination law suit pretty quick in this day and age, sad but true, not the employers total fault, but they normally want someone with knowledge of a language of the majority of what their customers are, english or spanish, normally someone who can speak better spanish and little english has a better chance of getting a job at a fast food joint then someone who can only speak english.
But for someone who can't speak English at all in an average job in the US... if they don't hire it's unlikely they'll be able to successfully sue. Why? Because they can't properly serve the customers (assuming this is a customer service style position). Being bilinguals, especially with common languages used in that area are always a plus for the employer though.
si-hatch86 said:
thats why i said that.. alot of mexicans or spanish speaking ppl will go to a mexican restruant and there for its not the brightest to hire someone that can speak a ounce of spanish. or more so than anything like you said its pointless for a business to hire some one that isnt qualified just because the state wants them to.
Nah, speaking Spanish isn't reakky a requirement for a Mexican food restaurant in the US. ;) If like I said it's family owned and operated though, and maybe they brng in someone unrelated to the family who only speaks English... then yeah, we might have some probnlems if the staff in the kitchen can only speak Spanish.
Akiahara96 said:
panda express orange chicken ftmfw!

it is a fast food type thing. think mall food court chinese. it's that sorta thing. and they usually seem busy enough where their stuff doesn't get super old, but it's kept hot by the water underneath it. ;)

and here, they're all asian people. =)

i say happy holidays, because some people still treat christmas like the religious holiday it's actually supposed to be... and well, i'm not christian.

if i said happy yule to you, you might not appreciate it. ;)
:werd:

Generally speaking though... if I say "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays", "Bless you", or "Have a blessed day," to someone or if they say it to me... I know it's only good intentions (well, generally speaking again... rare that someonbe would say it spitefully to me).

Then again, celebrating the Christmas Spirit to me doesn't just come acorss as "Celebrating Jesus' Birthday." Sure... maybe it "started" like that, but it means more, less, or something entirely differnt to peopel now depending on who you talk to.

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damnit i cant argue with you amy. ur way too damn smart.....i give up. :lol:

edit: i dont really care bout any of this religion or racism crap. all you can do is deal with wat u get, if u want more then take it, thing shouldnt be handed to you.

and as for christmas give me presents and im happy. thats something i get that i didnt have before.:lol:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
si-hatch86 said:
:shock:
:???:
im not in the arguing mood...

why did that constitute arguing? i need a big SARCASM button. =)

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:

why did that constitute arguing? i need a big SARCASM button. =)

i didnt mean me arguing with you, i meant why i gave up with arguing with NOFX. i got ur point of sarcasm.
i dont take things through the ass like some other ppl on this site:lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And to bring more joy to this thread, I got a DS Lite and my new kitten last night. =)

The kitten is black and white and already was named Booger. He got fixed yesterday and has been very groggy and is currently sleeping in the only safe place he's found in the house, my lap. Jason's kitty Jagger is pissed because we "got a newer model." At first Jagger hissing seemed to scare the kitten, but he's figured it out that it's all bark, no bite and barely cares now.

/ off topic

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
si-hatch86 said:

plz dont sue me now bc i said "nigga"
dont f**k with the quacker (cracker) :shock: