Mini-me Swap

Pabz_arroyo

5+ Year Member
I'm a noob to club civic but i've been around hondas pretty much all my life..well enought bullshit haha. does anybody know how much it would cost to do a minime swap??:P. i have a d15z1 and i'm lookin for a little power

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not worth the time, work, or money imho

D1NOnly3

SOHC POWAH!!!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sup, I did mines last summer and all together including oil, spark plugs, gasket set, getting the head cleaned and little stuff along the way...I'd say it ran me about $400-$550. I learned a lot out from doing it and what not and I also like the increase in power but yea if you have the money just go ahead and do a z6 or y8 swap..or go to b series. Just my $0.02

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Won't get any good power out of that d15z1, need to move up.

D1NOnly3

SOHC POWAH!!!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol^^ I was busting out a massive 70 sumthin HP (cx) then when I put the z6 head on I started beating other civics and LS integras and other cars, but I mean I would still go with a swap rather than the mini-me now knowing what I spent..

Pabz_arroyo

5+ Year Member
The civic used to have the original cx motor but my dad swapped it out fora d15z1 it was like a 20hp gain so i was thinking about the mini me swap because that gets me up to about 130 something horses so i'll go from there LOL

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The civic used to have the original cx motor but my dad swapped it out fora d15z1 it was like a 20hp gain so i was thinking about the mini me swap because that gets me up to about 130 something horses so i'll go from there LOL
go b series, you wont regret it.

Pabz_arroyo

5+ Year Member
Gimme a break im only 16. I'm going to stick with the mini-me swap. All im wondering is really how much it'll cost me 500 sounds way too cheap

acshepard1

5+ Year Member
nah its about 200 for a head. around 90 for the ECU. then random s**t (plugs, wires, timing belt) bumps it up to around $550

j0keefe21

5+ Year Member
depends on what kinda deals you can find and if your doing your water pump or not. alot of people do water pump becuase you'r engines already torn apart. i'd say 400-550 depending. i'm about to post up my build in a few minutes take a look at it i've researched for a long time and i finally have my full list of parts.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Full heads usually go for about $100, and about $100 for an ecu, then the rest is gravy, just look it up.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What a gay way to spend money, mini me swap, aka waste of money, when there are such better swaps just around the bend. D series are hella weak, save an extra $600 and do an Ls swap.