Mini-me Swap

j0keefe21

5+ Year Member
it will fit the b7. im not farmiliar with the z1 sorry. i have the b7 so thats what i know about

Pabz_arroyo

5+ Year Member
So if i do swap the pistons then the mini-me is cool???

Pabz_arroyo

5+ Year Member
Thanks man. You've been a lot of help. Thanks for helping us d-series guys out. I dont think the pistons and rods can run me up more than 150. Just get them off a b7.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it will fit the b7. im not farmiliar with the z1 sorry. i have the b7 so thats what i know about
It will fit just fine, but you'll need a d16y series cam gear or an adjustable one to move the cam timing 4.5 degrees to get it at TDC.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
More than they are worth. You can use whatever pistons you want for a D series, rods are hard to find for a d16, might want to move up to a d16 for extra options and power. Just as expensive to modify as any other honda motor but way less power per $ spent.

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
i would say some thing around 700 or so i think that was how much i did mine for but i sent my head off for port and polish wich is the way to go considering you have the head off already and good luck on finding a p28 on the cheap side every once wants one of those, i thought it was worth a little labor for what i got if you dont know what you are doing just pay some one, since your playing with the timeing belt they can be a bithch if you dont know what you are doing

Pabz_arroyo

5+ Year Member
what kind of pistons and rods should i get then?? i'm lookin for something temporary.. nothing too over the top

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Have you looked to even see if you could find any manufacturers that make rods for a d15.

j0keefe21

5+ Year Member
you should be able to find stock b7 rods cheap.. no one wants them bc they are no good for boost