most HP from an B16

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
Okay i am sure this has been told numerous times, but i am going to ask it again. How much wheels HP, approximately can u get if u redo the whole motor meaning, tearing the motor apart, machining the block, new pistons and rods (same specs) oil pump, main seal, timing belt, stage 5 clutch, stage 2 cams, throttle body, intake manifold, headers, switching to obd1 chipped ecu, .... i know all of this can vary due to parts u use.. But what do u think the power to the wheels would be!!!???

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
about 150hp :what:

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do u need the stage 5 clutch for, is it turboed?

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
150 whp? you kidding me?

I dyno'd my em1 last saturday and just with a intake, cat delete, and intake gasket. With a built motor, I'm sure its somehwere near the 200whp mark. Not sure exactly but check hondata and see if this helps.

http://hondata.com/dynocharts.html

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay i am sure this has been told numerous times, but i am going to ask it again. How much wheels HP, approximately can u get if u redo the whole motor meaning, tearing the motor apart, machining the block, new pistons and rods (same specs) oil pump, main seal, timing belt, stage 5 clutch, stage 2 cams, throttle body, intake manifold, headers, switching to obd1 chipped ecu, .... i know all of this can vary due to parts u use.. But what do u think the power to the wheels would be!!!???

150 whp? you kidding me?

I dyno'd my em1 last saturday and just with a intake, cat delete, and intake gasket. With a built motor, I'm sure its somehwere near the 200whp mark. Not sure exactly but check hondata and see if this helps.

http://hondata.com/dynocharts.html

No, I am not kidding. My guess is about 150hp !!! Where does it say built? :retard:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8812/retard6yg5.jpg

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
biz owns this thread. about 150whp sounds about right to me, possibly best case scenario too. maybe up the CR to 12:1 and you will see some gains. Rhennin, even though youre a local, i have to shoot down your 200whp comment. thats just not going to happen on a stock b16 no matter how much $$$ in bolt-ons you throw at it.

i saw a stock b16a with header, intake, ITR cams, and buddyclub spec2 exhaust make 175whp and i was impressed

what is the deal with the clutch? stage 2 is almost overkill for a stock setup. im running exedy ceremetallic on 285whp and it chirps the tires going into 3rd. u spent way too much coin on that clutch IMO

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
to prove my point (and biz's) with rhennin's own link:

Hondata said:
This 2000 Type R has JUN type 3 Cams, intake, headers and muffler. An OBD I P28 ECU with a Hondata stage 3 install replaced the stock computer. The fuelling and ignition were then set up on the dyno as AEBS San Diego.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Excuse me for misreading. My god, get all on my ass for that geez...

And mugenkid where did i say just bolt ons would get you near 200whp. I was saying if it were a built motor with obviously upgraded higher comp. pistons etc... Excuse me for not saying exactly what he would need.

If it were all those bolt ons that hes talking about w/out the internals I was thinking then 150-160 should be doable bare min. Mugen, you even said 175.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:what:
sorry bro if i misread your post, im a little intoxicated. i thought you were saying he should see near 200 with his setup. noone is on your ass bro, freal. i saw 175 on a b16a that was covered in bolt ons and tuned on a dyno with an apexi ecu. the OP should HOPE for 160

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
tks, prolly gonna go with upgraded pistons and rods and the stage 5 is cause as soon as the motor is broken in I am going turbo!!!

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you are going to go with boost then i am guessing you are going to have low compression pistons. i guess you will be the same as stock or a bit slower than stock with the low compression pistons but it should be pretty fast when boosted.

Winki

just an innerfooler ;)
5+ Year Member
we dynoed a car with a simular set up and after the tune he got to like 161

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's what you do. Get a GSR block, slap in some ITR pistons. Get ITR cams, then a larger intake manifold / throttle body.

Call it good :thumbup:

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my buddy dynoed 158whp and 113wtq. with a stock b16a with Skunk 2 IM, Edlebrock 65mm throttle body and 2.25" exhaust, stock header. so ill say somewhere around there.