muffler make no noise =[

asanti76

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude,

my VX engine did the same thing to my exhaust - it was really discreet and only audible on WOT...

until i got a d16z6 swap...

my mechanic swears he didnt change anything in the exhaust but its phukin
5 times louder compared to when its attached to the vx engine...

i think its just the nature of your engine not putting out that much air...

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
95 civic hatch said:
the cx wont be loud i have a ractive with no convertors or resenators and a dc header and it still isnt loud i got 3" pipe except in one small part that is 2.5 im getting that changed soon but 1.5 8 valve engine wont be loud just sound like shite when you try to make it that way welcome to the 70 hp world of cheap cars lol
r to the icer

3" piping on a VX? You're joking right? f**king dumbasses. 2.5" would be pushing it on the VX... too much flow = no power = no sound.

O.G.Poster -- remove your resonator. Downgrade your pipe diameter for more noise.

Kjeldor

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont worry bro, i had a cx engine aswell wit my magnaflow catback and the sound wasnt that loud, but now wit the b16, OMG!!! its so nice

95 civic hatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey cancer it was like that when i got it 2 months ago and by the way not vx cx and i was wrong it wasnt 3 it was 2.5

Last edited:

CivicRida95

Platinum Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
95 civic hatch said:
the cx wont be loud i have a ractive with no convertors or resenators and a dc header and it still isnt loud i got 3" pipe except in one small part that is 2.5 im getting that changed soon but 1.5 8 valve engine wont be loud just sound like shite when you try to make it that way welcome to the 70 hp world of cheap cars lol
You shouldnt be running 3" piping if your car doesnt have 300hp. And to help the thread out.. A Muffler isnt the way to gain sound so much as an exhaust system is. The power is where it comes from. All out the pipes in the gay looking muffler. But if your just running a muffler on stock piping, then you will probably only get (like you said) a little sound out of it. If you have an actual exhaust system, then that should help. But if the exhaust system is cheap, then hey "you get what you pay for"

Inigo Montoya