10+ Year Member
Lol @ Mmm Mmm Mmm

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like wolfmother, and i bought their cd when i was in england way before they even got "mainstream" but i no im just gonna be shitted on? but w/e, and i make my own music, play guitar for 5-6 years now and can play drums somewhat...
So you're saying it's ok to like crappy music if you like it before it gets popular? :shock:

ryanM

lol

its also ok to like crappy music if you play an instrument.

dont be mad, we didnt make the rules

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sirius FTW, you get a little bit of everything.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I sound like I'm old, but I feel like the radio usually just isn't worth listening to.
It's not. Same s**t 24/7 and same songs played more than a couple dozen times each throughout the day.

Music sucks these days.

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know what's wrong with you guys, there's a ton of great music out there, I guess you all just don't have the initiative to look for it.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know what's wrong with you guys, there's a ton of great music out there, I guess you all just don't have the initiative to look for it.
Haha. You obviously missed the entire point of the OP. The point wasn't that nobody knows of any good music anymore, the point was that most, if not all current mainstream radio is DEVOLVING. I promise you that 90% of the posters in this thread have enough music in their libraries, that you've never heard of, to make your head explode.

On another note, I blame 'The Darkness' and a thing called love for getting overplayed enough to even allow wolfmother to enter our radio waves.

The best way to avoid mainstream garbage is to get satellite radio. Sirius, as someone said before, is the best thing invented. :D I wish mine hadn't gotten ripped off out of my car.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i liked the first band you posted :what:

lsvtecEK4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no one has mentioned the band "jet" yet i noticed. they seem to use sounds from other older bands. lawl

<<listening to styx lol

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF happened to Dave's post?

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mainstream music is just a way for record companys to keep their product out there. Bands aren't spun by dj's because they heard them and think they are cool. They are sent by the radio station execs and told to play a certain ammount of songs. It's ignorant to look for substance in the mainstream market most of the time although there is some quality music in mainstream music at times.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like 3 inches of blood.

I believe history repeats itself.

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i concur...99% of whats played on radio is garbage...its a shame we have to dig to find good new music these days. Big reason why i do not patronize major record labels.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm Dave and some f**k deleted my post.
I'm the f**k who deleted your post :( because another member responded to it with insults, so I just deleted them both. The other member wouldn't have responded to your post with insults had you not been a d**k yourself. :x If your deleted posts was such a problem you could have always contacted any mod.

and I don't know who your name! :lol: You can pm me if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No you can't like them because it's music devolving.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't care. I am going to see montley crew in AC and do a bunmch of adrugs