My 00 Civic hatchback

doosua

5+ Year Member
What's up clubcivic, this is my first build thread. I have a 2000 Civic Dx hatchback and sadly i have no picture of it when i first bought it. At the age of 16, I got my hatch from a guy who owned a private body shop and I can still remember seeing the car sitting in the garage waiting for me. I was happy I bought my hatch cause other people I saw locally with a 96-98 Ek would want or have a 00 civic front conversion especially on a hatch. But anyways, here's a little history.

I didnt have much knowledge about hondas but when I got my car I know I wanted to swap motors and add parts. After a few months later I bought a GSR swap from a local and threw it in the hatch. (back in 2010-11).

In 2012, I attended college and I tried selling the engine to do a H2B setup but no luck. A guy who was going to buy my engine ran a carfax and found that my motor and trans was stolen with 200,XXX miles. I was pissed knowing that my motor was stolen and that I was lied to. Weeks later bad luck got to me and a valve chipped in the motor and I didn't want to go through the process of repairing so I ended up parting out the swap. I found some cool builds on here that inspired me to restart my car.

Summer of 2012, I threw back in the D16 along with lca's and suspension.

I still have some missing pieces that I still want to add to the car and hopefully it will turn out to be like a function/form kinda car. But yeahhh, other than that stay tuned for updates.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good. what do you think of the Apexi exhaust? assume it's the WS2?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice man. How old are you now? To me the 6th gen Hatch back is beautiful in 96-98 or 99-00.

are you still trying to do H2b?

doosua

5+ Year Member
looks good. what do you think of the Apexi exhaust? assume it's the WS2?
Thanks! It's a nice exhaust I'm sure you probably watched some vids on youtube on the WS2/NOIR. But this system is the NOIR, I just took off the flat black and clear coated it. I originally wanted the WS2 but came across the NOIR for cheap.
Very nice man. How old are you now? To me the 6th gen Hatch back is beautiful in 96-98 or 99-00.

are you still trying to do H2b?
Thanks man! Yeah, I think both 6th gen. looks great too. I'm 19 now, and I do still plan to do the H2B.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dec. 14, 2012. JDM H22A from HMO.

:hi:
ok.. well it seems that you're power hungry right now., going with that big engine. true?
That thing is really clean, why is the oil pan not black?

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks! It's a nice exhaust I'm sure you probably watched some vids on youtube on the WS2/NOIR. But this system is the NOIR, I just took off the flat black and clear coated it. I originally wanted the WS2 but came across the NOIR for cheap.

Not sure what youtube vid you're talking about. I've seen it advertized for years in Hondatuning and Project Car mag. Seems good quality, and like the thought of a low db exhaust

emerican

Registered VIP
looks good tuned in to see the engine put it
did you do anything to the d16 or is it stock
plans for this motor?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've always been Interested to see what an h2b swap took.. This should be a good thread.

Op I really like what you did with the polished g out the exhaust, it looks great.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok.. well it seems that you're power hungry right now., going with that big engine. true?
That thing is really clean, why is the oil pan not black?
power hungry? not far off from an ITR or K20a2 but with a smaller aftermarket backing.
oil pan is aluminum, not steel. Thus the color.
I've always been Interested to see what an h2b swap took.. This should be a good thread.

Op I really like what you did with the polished g out the exhaust, it looks great.
Not much to an h2b http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1998426
and polishing the exhaust just makes it like the 1st generation ws2 :what:

doosua

5+ Year Member
looks good tuned in to see the engine put it
did you do anything to the d16 or is it stock
plans for this motor?
The d16 is stock and for the H22a the basic I/H/E and tuned. Maybe next year a QSD oil pan for autox.

Where you from in wi?
Wausau

Thanks guys. I'll be working on looming my headlight harness due to the weather being so cold. But I've been looking at Reed's build and how to loom harnesses so I thought I'd give it a try.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
power hungry? not far off from an ITR or K20a2 but with a smaller aftermarket backing.
oil pan is aluminum, not steel. Thus the color.

Not much to an h2b http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1998426
and polishing the exhaust just makes it like the 1st generation ws2 :what:
yeah but H22 is lot less money, I'm figuring he was looking for the best bang for buck. i didn't even know h22 came with aluminum oil pans. i just researched that a little bit right now and i guess f22 is steell and h22 is aluminum. Thanks for info man, i just thought they sand blasted that.

Last edited: