My 00 Civic hatchback

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah but H22 is lot less money, I'm figuring he was looking for the best bang for buck. i didn't even know h22 came with aluminum oil pans. i just researched that a little bit right now and i guess f22 is steell and h22 is aluminum. Thanks for info man, i just thought they sand blasted that.
a h22 swap is decent, but a H2B is right on par with the expensive swaps

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You going to the Midwest meet in eau Claire in may or boost 4 boobies in Minneapolis may 4th?

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would you recomend a certain tranny for the h2b....i know alot of people like the b16 tranny....im asking cause i was wondering if it would be better to do a ls tranny?

i know when i was running the b16 turbo it felt like i was hitting top speed really quickly........idk exactly what the top speed was but i would have the needle completly verticle before i felt like it wouldnt go anymore

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would you recomend a certain tranny for the h2b....i know alot of people like the b16 tranny....im asking cause i was wondering if it would be better to do a ls tranny?

i know when i was running the b16 turbo it felt like i was hitting top speed really quickly........idk exactly what the top speed was but i would have the needle completly verticle before i felt like it wouldnt go anymore
As a personal preference, i'd choose the quickest transmission I could get my hands on. I believe that even with a b16 or CTR trans, the max speed is still around 140-150mph. You have to ask yourself, when will you be going that fast. Even in a quarter mile drag, trapping 140 is one fast ass run!
Some people like a slower trans to spread out the shifts for daily driving or to keep a lower cruising rpm for economical reasons. So it's really up to the driver and what you want out of the car. Every trans has it's pros and cons

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea that's why i never did H2B, Plus my H-Ek was just a daily. From personal experience i will also agree and tell you that H22 Is only decent. Its the low end torque man, that's all I'll give it.

doosua

5+ Year Member
:rocker:

Just the other half and it'll be done. I'm hoping to get the harness done before Sunday. As for now, gotta go enjoy my spring break before I go back to college.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That looks great! Took a page from good ol' Reedman's build thread did ye?? :lol:

CLX(99)

Man, what a sweet build. Stoked to see what it will look like when its completed. Good luck on the build.....

doosua

5+ Year Member
how much was the kit
n bracket
QSD had a tax return special on their kits $649 shipped and then Seth hooked me up with a $10 discount on the alternator bracket ($89). Not much but it's something, total was $728 shipped.

So on wednesday there was some idiot who thought they'd be cool to launch their parents PT Cruiser in front of my girlfriend and I. I found it funny and ridiculous. Lucky im not done with my swap yet. :twisted:

Anyways here's a little something for tonight. I'll get some random pics up tomorrow.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EK96-2001
Kit includes:
· 6061 Aluminum Engine Adapter
- 15 Fasteners
· 4130 Chromoly Crankshaft Spacer
- 8 ARP Flywheel Bolts
· Intermediate Axle Adapter
- 6 Fasteners
· Engine Mount Bracket
- 5 Fasteners
· CNC Clutch Slave Cylinder Spacer
- 2 fasteners
and you get ALL that for ONLY $649.00?

I know a lot of research went into this, but that's a lot of money for some brackets and spacers

doosua

5+ Year Member
EK96-2001
Kit includes:
· 6061 Aluminum Engine Adapter
- 15 Fasteners
· 4130 Chromoly Crankshaft Spacer
- 8 ARP Flywheel Bolts
· Intermediate Axle Adapter
- 6 Fasteners
· Engine Mount Bracket
- 5 Fasteners
· CNC Clutch Slave Cylinder Spacer
- 2 fasteners
and you get ALL that for ONLY $649.00?

I know a lot of research went into this, but that's a lot of money for some brackets and spacers
I think it's worth the price considering making the parts for the kit.

I thought that the ASR sub frame n Benen tie bar combo like what Child had on old hatch looked the best to cover between the lca's but im not sure if I wanna copy him lol.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought that the ASR sub frame n Benen tie bar combo like what Child had on old hatch looked the best to cover between the lca's but im not sure if I wanna copy him lol.
Never copy me, nothing I do is ever as simple as it seems. :twisted:

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so i have a question...lol....i am debating doing this swap maybe next summer if its as easy as it seems in my head..................does it go something like this

get the kit
do modifications such as shave block for intermidiate shaft
bang support in for alternator clearence.....or get relocation bracket
cut into alernator wiring to tie into my existing ex harness
chipped p28 to get tuned
............................................................................................................................................
also do you need to upgrade the fuel pump to a 255 or should the oem one work with the prelude only asking because my cousin is running a oem ek fuel pump in his hatch for his k swap but didnt know if the extra .2 liters made a difference?
???

is this pretty much what needs to happen for this swap to be done??

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aw, i don't like the surface finish on that dapater plate, specially because its mating/sealing part . imo i don't even think it went through a finishing cut.

The Civic looks nice man!

doosua

5+ Year Member
Never copy me, nothing I do is ever as simple as it seems. :twisted:
Now that you mentioned it, ok lol.
ok so i have a question...lol....i am debating doing this swap maybe next summer if its as easy as it seems in my head..................does it go something like this

get the kit
do modifications such as shave block for intermidiate shaft
bang support in for alternator clearence.....or get relocation bracket
cut into alernator wiring to tie into my existing ex harness
chipped p28 to get tuned
............................................................................................................................................
also do you need to upgrade the fuel pump to a 255 or should the oem one work with the prelude only asking because my cousin is running a oem ek fuel pump in his hatch for his k swap but didnt know if the extra .2 liters made a difference?
???

is this pretty much what needs to happen for this swap to be done??
You pretty much got the list right for an h2b swap. As for the fuel pump I don't think so because most people with a stock h2b probably have a stock pump. I just got one yesterday for free but I still gotta see if it works.
aw, i don't like the surface finish on that dapater plate, specially because its mating/sealing part . imo i don't even think it went through a finishing cut.

The Civic looks nice man!
Thanks! Im thinking about selling those rotas and get some koseis or enkei rpf1's.